Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Darnold/USC will undoubtedly bounce back against the Beavers, who are quite possibly the worst division 1A team in the country.

The Oregon v. Washington State game should be a good one. The Ducks lost their very promising QB (Justin Herbert) for the year last weekend and they might be running out a true freshman. I'm not a Falk believer, but I can still be convinced.

Not seen more than a few clips of Falk yet. So hopefully I stay awake through the game. If I can then I will have seen each of the big 6/7 at the start of the season play a full game which is always the first stage of my scouting process on Quarterbacks.

I am looking forward to this Saturday because for the first time in a couple of weeks I will be home Saturday evening with no plans and the way the day's slate works I get a chance to watch two of the guys I've not seen much yet.

I'll start at 5pm UK time with Baker Mayfield's Oklahoma Sooners vs Iowa State;

Then I'll turn my attention to Sam Darnold's attempt to bounce back as USC play Oregan State;

And finally I will try to stay awake for Luke Falk's Washington State Cougars take on Oregan.

Will be my first proper full game look at Mayfield and Falk this season so feel like I will have a better feel for all the supposed top guys coming out of this week.

No USC for me, no coverage in my area.

Blitz, why are so many RAH on Sam Darnold and BLAH on Lamar Jackson. Jackson is the reigning Heisman winner and his stats are better than Darnold's this season?

Runs too much, inconsistent thrower.

What are the knocks on Mayfield except for 6'1" and maybe some arrogance?

Only on tonight so far... not seen a big boy NFL throw so far. He has been accurate, made some plays with his legs and some good decisions. Want to see some really special throws.

They might be there on his tape in other games I am talking purely this game. Otherwise I am pretty impressed.

This has actually been a really good game. Nice test for Mayfield. Iowa St has kind of got him under control 2nd half.

Woooooo we have a ball game. NOW Oklahoma have to take some shots surely? Too much dink and dunk.

Yep. Good game. I may be the biggest stickler to needing arm strength on the entire board. One of them for sure. I don't think there is any question Mayfield can make all the big boy throws.

Yep. Good game. I may be the biggest stickler to needing arm strength on the entire board. One of them for sure. I don't think there is any question Mayfield can make all the big boy throws.

Oh I am not doubting his arm there is plenty of zip on it. Haven't seen any big boy throws in this game though. Is this their normal offense?

I should clarify to me big boy throw doesn't just mean deep shot. Hitting a 10 yard back shoulder throw to a receiver pinned on the sideline with a DB on him is a big boy NFL throw.

Edited by GunnerBill

Oh I am not doubting his arm there is plenty of zip on it. Haven't seen any big boy throws in this game though. Is this their normal offense?

I should clarify to me big boy throw doesn't just mean deep shot. Hitting a 10 yard back shoulder throw to a receiver pinned on the sideline with a DB on him is a big boy NFL throw.

Got it. Yeah the back shoulder throw is a big boy throw. I'm not sure, however, that any college QB of any level can show he can make that throw in the NFL because the CBs are so different.

What a game.

Mayfield has two minutes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.