Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Rosen 28-45, 372 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT in a 27-23 victory over Colorado

Falk (34-51, 340 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT) outperformed Darnold (15-29, 164 YDS, 1 INT) head to head

Rudolph 27-38, 376 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT in a 41-34 shootout victory over Texas Tech

Jackson 18-26, 249 YDS, 3 TD in a schedule filler game

McSorely 23-36, 315 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT in a blowout win over Indiana

Mayfield on a bye week

If the Bills are going to take a QB early, I hope it's Rudolf. Would love Rosen, too, but he won't be available.

I watched part of this game and like you was impressed with Rudolf. He has the size, arm, accuracy and feel for the game. The announcer compared him to Roethlisberger.

I'm not wedded to any one prospect. There is a pool of good prospects from which to draw from. What I'm adamantly against is going for a second tier prospect when we should be in a good position to select a top tier prospect. That would be a terrible mistake.

I watched part of this game and like you was impressed with Rudolf. He has the size, arm, accuracy and feel for the game. The announcer compared him to Roethlisberger.

I'm not wedded to any one prospect. There is a pool of good prospects from which to draw from. What I'm adamantly against is going for a second tier prospect when we should be in a good position to select a top tier prospect. That would be a terrible mistake.

....read this assessment on SI.com.......any validity John?.................

“He’s O.K.,” said one AFC scouting director. “He’s playing in a great, quarterback-friendly offense. Probably has a top 10-caliber group of receivers. Gundy is a great coach and does an outstanding job with that offense. I’m not sold on him as a top guy . . . He’s a decent athlete. He’s tough and runs that offense well. But not sure the video game numbers he’s gonna put up this year will translate to the NFL.”

“He’s got good size,” was the positive an AFC personnel exec found before echoing the sentiment, “but his arm strength is lacking and he’s inconsistent with his accuracy.”

Added an area scout: “Not as good as the media wants everyone to believe; he’s a Day 3 guy. His accuracy isn’t as good as the numbers show—his receivers make a lot of tough catches for him. Arm strength is adequate, not tops. What’s the difference between him and Bryce Petty?”

....read this assessment on SI.com.......any validity John?.................

“He’s O.K.,” said one AFC scouting director. “He’s playing in a great, quarterback-friendly offense. Probably has a top 10-caliber group of receivers. Gundy is a great coach and does an outstanding job with that offense. I’m not sold on him as a top guy . . . He’s a decent athlete. He’s tough and runs that offense well. But not sure the video game numbers he’s gonna put up this year will translate to the NFL.”

“He’s got good size,” was the positive an AFC personnel exec found before echoing the sentiment, “but his arm strength is lacking and he’s inconsistent with his accuracy.”

Added an area scout: “Not as good as the media wants everyone to believe; he’s a Day 3 guy. His accuracy isn’t as good as the numbers show—his receivers make a lot of tough catches for him. Arm strength is adequate, not tops. What’s the difference between him and Bryce Petty?”

In general I would say this is an outdated evaluation. Players grow and develop. He certainly has taken a quantum leap. When the draft comes around he is going to be in the top group. (My opinion.)

Anyone saying that he is a day 3 guy at this point should be mocked and laughed off the stage. Qbs that get better and grow as players over time are players that I'm interested. I have said the same think about Lamar Jackson from Louisville, another player who has demonstrably advanced his game.

The one area that I agree with the scouting report that you submitted is that he does have outstanding receivers.

Edited by JohnC

In general I would say this is an outdated evaluation. Players grow and develop. He certainly has taken a quantum leap. When the draft comes around he is going to be in the top group. (My opinion.)

Anyone saying that he is a day 3 guy at this point should be mocked and laughed off the stage. Qbs that get better and grow as players over time are players that I'm interested. I have said the same think about Lamar Jackson from Louisville, another player who has demonstrably advanced his game.

The one area that I agree with the scouting report that you submitted is that he does have outstanding receivers.

....thanks...appreciate your help....don't get to see college ball so I depend on good folks like you for info.....

:D

....weird how many thought Darnold was the greatest invention since beer and he is not doing much at all this year, slowly dropping off the radar....historical USC QB list is not very good with Carson Palmer probably the lone exception........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....weird how many thought Darnold was the greatest invention since beer and he is not doing much at all this year, slowly dropping off the radar....historical USC QB list is not very good with Carson Palmer probably the lone exception........

He's still the man, teams know about him now and his teammates ,other than Jones, are not helping. That O-LINE is garbage, can't run nor pass block.

That team would be defeated with out Darnold.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

He's still the man, teams know about him now and his teammates ,other than Jones, are not helping. That O-LINE is garbage, can't run nor pass block.

That team would be defeated with out Darnold.

Darnold is just not very good, and this will become more apparent as the season goes on.

@NFL_CFB

"I'd put his skill set up against any QB in the @NFL." @MoveTheSticks scouts @wyo_football's Josh Allen: http://on.nfl.com/khDPhA

DLEyTeMWsAUnlel.jpg

Sure he's the most talented but have to be good too

We'll see.

He sees that we are playing well so has backed off his play to land in Buffalo ;)

Darnold is playing with a weak OL. When all is said and done he is probably going to be the first qb taken off the board. What makes him special is not his athleticism or tools so much as he knows how to play the position. His intrinsic traits are his best traits. You can't teach what he possesses.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.