Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

It's interesting to see Mayfield and Rudolph ahead of Darnold. Who da thunk? I'm watching more college football than ever this year.

There's a big difference between rating a college QB on how he's playing college football and scouting a college QB for how he might play in the NFL. The Heisman vote and the #1 pick are two totally different contests.

Edited by Acantha

I haven't dug into any Mason games from this season yet...does my Paxton Lynch comparison still hold? :lol:

i'll admit that i don't follow the Broncos or Lynch's career but he looked pretty good in his first game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6cB2h5wUx4

what's the story on him? has he stunk it up since then? he looked pretty good in college too i thought

Edited by kdiggz

Darnold looks like the cream of the crop if you ask me. After that, for this offense, you are looking for a guy who processes info quickly and gets an accurate pass out on time. Which of the QB's has the most responsibility in their offense, aside from Darnold, who does this consistently? I don't think Darnold will be there for us when we pick which is why I ask.

Darnold looks like the cream of the crop if you ask me. After that, for this offense, you are looking for a guy who processes info quickly and gets an accurate pass out on time. Which of the QB's has the most responsibility in their offense, aside from Darnold, who does this consistently? I don't think Darnold will be there for us when we pick which is why I ask.

Rosen, best mechanics in the game. i think he will stay in school though and come out next year, which will give him more time to mature

Edited by kdiggz

It's interesting to see Mayfield and Rudolph ahead of Darnold. Who da thunk? I'm watching more college football than ever this year.

Well Darnold has had some of not his best games ever so far this season. But even then they are really good

Thanks for the info. If I was drafting a "franchise" QB, there are some attributes that I would want to see in a QB and that's the QB rating vs pressure, vs blitz and completion pct. I'm amazed that Baker Mayfield is ranked high in all those categories, so far.

MAJ, that's what scares me about Rosen. His passer rating vs pressure is not that impressive and gives me that Jay Cutler vibe

Yes but those ratings also have alot to do with the surrounding cast. Who is on UCLA offense. Their other best player is likely a Frosh TE

Rosen, best mechanics in the game. i think he will stay in school though and come out next year, which will give him more time to mature

Why UCLA has nothibg there. Thier offense is Bare their HC is on the Hot Seat. Not getting to a major Bowl. He is on track to graduate this year. Already vocal about the indentured servitude of NCAA

If any of the two between Rosen and Darnold are coming out its Rosen.

Why UCLA has nothibg there. Thier offense is Bare their HC is on the Hot Seat. Not getting to a major Bowl. He is on track to graduate this year. Already vocal about the indentured servitude of NCAA

If any of the two between Rosen and Darnold are coming out its Rosen.

He is loyal to Mora so it might come down to he keeps his job as long as Rosen returns. Plus he could use 1 more year maturing imo. Edited by kdiggz

He is loyal to Mora so it might come down to he keeps his job as long as Rosen returns. Plus he could use 1 more year maturing imo.

I just dont see it. He is going to get a top 5 grade. This year. If any of the two Darnold or Rosen are bolting its going to be Rosen

Give me Mason Rudolph all day everyday. He has the size, the accuracy, the quick progressions, and step up into the pocket thrower that isn't afraid of throwing it in tight coverage.

Baker Mayfield reminds me of a combination of Fitzpatrick and Flutie, just NO.

Rosen plays and acts like Cutler, I question his love of the game, especially in a place like Buffalo (NO).

Darnold I think is a good QB, but think he is going top 5, and unless we trade up we aren't getting him.

Luke Falk is a very underrated QB because he is always associate with a gimic offense. Let me tell you, it don't matter what offense he is running, he is very very good. Accurate as hell and lighting fast decision making, rarely holds onto the ball long and he steps up in the pocket, he is cool man Luke!

Realistically I would love either Rudolph or Falk.

Darnold and Rosen are probably gone before we pick and qb needy teams aren't going to trade out. I hope they both enter the draft, because that allows other qb talent to fall.

Best hope would be for the Bears to somehow be top two awful this year which would make for a plausible trade partner. Otherwise, Rudolph looks the best of the rest so far, though he has a lot of receiving talent that makes him look good.

Edited by Dr. Who

Darnold and Rosen are probably gone before we pick and qb needy teams aren't going to trade out. I hope they both enter the draft, because that allows other qb talent to fall.

Best hope would be for the Bears to somehow be top two awful this year which would make for a plausible trade partner. Otherwise, Rudolph looks the best of the rest so far, though he has a lot of receiving talent that makes him look good.

Bears will be aweful this year. Based on the first two weeks. Colts will be trash if Luck doesnt come back.

There will be trade partners at the top of the draft.

And you very well could see a QB,QB,QB draft in the 1st three picks

...interesting...Astrobot's Drafttek site has Buffalo taking Falk at #43 as their QB pick.......OT & DT with the two firsts...............

http://www.drafttek....aft-Round1b.asp

Counting on a qb to be available at #43 seems ridiculously implausible if one expects such to be a future franchise qb. Who knows if Falk would be there and why gamble at the most important position for NFL success? I sure hope if MajBobby is correct in his surmise, we are picking one of the top three qbs chosen.

Edited by Dr. Who

Counting on a qb to be available at #43 seems ridiculously implausible if one expects such to be a future franchise qb. Who knows if Falk would be there and why gamble at the most important position for NFL success? I sure hope if MajBobby is correct in his surmise, we are picking one of the top three qbs chosen.

....agree 1000%.......Drafttek was a bit of a surprise as far as #43......lowest I think I've seen Falk projected prior is #19...............

Bears will be aweful this year. Based on the first two weeks. Colts will be trash if Luck doesnt come back.

There will be trade partners at the top of the draft.

And you very well could see a QB,QB,QB draft in the 1st three picks

I'm praying for both of them to be in the top 3 so we have a trade partner, and maybe not have to give up the farm because they have slightly less leverage and we are slightly less desperate. I don't mind paying, but there are limits.

Chris Trapasso, local guy, writes for CBS on the draft and has the Bills taking Rudolph at pick #10, who he has as the #1 overall player on his big board

Mock Draft: https://www.cbssport...ll-replacement/

Big Board: https://www.cbssport...reakish-talent/

I can live with Rudolph

Walter Football has moved Clayton Thurston from Northwestern up to their 5th ranked QB. The rankings are likely to change a lot by next year's draft. I think there will be a quality QB when the Bills have their first pick.

Thorson

And a devout Christian, the bills already drafted him :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.