Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Where are the Josh Allen lovers today? Against the two semi competent teams he has played he has looked awful.

I think he may even have blown his chance to be a 1st round QB if he comes out this year.

Rudolph seems like the guy for me. Just huge and slings it and hardly any picks. Load the defense and run game up and let him developSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is the biggest arrow up guy through 3 weeks for me and he is a senior so he is definitely coming out. I think he is probably at this moment that "3rd guy" behind Darnold and Rosen.

A bit concerning how little the USC coaches trust their passing game when they have the supposed top NFL prospect at QB. Texas is daring them to pass the ball and USC keeps running the ball for 1 yard.

Can't throw on every play, them not being able to run is why they had a hard time passing and Darnold still pulled them through.

We're all stepping off the Allen train now, correct?

DJ5FqLHVoAABDbN.jpg

Yep, wanted him to be good but just isn't, maybe take a late round flyer on him and see if he develops.

@SInow

Despite a dud vs. Oregon, why NFL evaluators aren’t down on Josh Allen. Quarterback Stock Watch for 2018 NFL Draft

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/19/mason-rudolph-nfl-draft-2018-scouting-report

Top of the Class

1. Sam Darnold, USC (28-49, 397 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT vs. Texas): One of the interceptions clanged off his receiver’s hands, and a dime that receiver Tyler Vaughns dropped in double overtime would’ve served as the game-winner (before a 43-yard field goal did). All that is to say: Darnold was even better than his numbers showed in an epic win.

2. Josh Rosen, UCLA (34-56, 463, 4 TD, 2 INT vs. Memphis): Rosen’s talent was again on display, but his warts were too. Too often he put the ball in harm’s way, and he wound up paying for it with a fourth-quarter pick that effectively clinched the Tigers’ upset win over the Bruins.

3. Josh Allen, Wyoming (9-24, 64 yards, 0 TD, INT vs. Oregon): The numbers speak for themselves, and this means Allen will finish the regular season 0-2 against FBS opponents, with the QB losing those games by a cumulative score of 73-16 and posting a 0-to-3 TD/INT ratio. Obviously, given that level of competition is an issue on his résumé, you can bet these performances will come up in the spring. And yet, the major takeaway I got from NFL evaluators when I asked around about it: how little help Allen has around him.

@OptimumScouting

To preface, I in no way consider myself any kind of talent evaluator...but just for fun:

My take so far watching some of the games and all of the highlights I can find, Rosen is the guy I would take first. It's close with Darnold, but Rosen just seems to have the NFL QB feel to him when I watch him play. I think Darnold has the better arm (odd throwing motion aside), but Rosen seems to be a better NFL fit (again, this is just a general observation, not a scouting breakdown of their play).

Allen is the kind of QB a team like Pittsburgh should take a flyer on in the late first round (unless Ben decides to retire after this season). He's got the potential, but rushing him on a bad team would likely be a disaster.

Edited by Acantha

Here is how PFF has them.

Josh Allen ranked dead last of of the 8 draft eligible QBs ranked in every category

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-week-3-qb-overview/?utm_content=bufferf678b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

It's interesting to see Mayfield and Rudolph ahead of Darnold. Who da thunk? I'm watching more college football than ever this year.

Here is how PFF has them.

Josh Allen ranked dead last of of the 8 draft eligible QBs ranked in every category

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-week-3-qb-overview/?utm_content=bufferf678b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=college

Thanks for the info. If I was drafting a "franchise" QB, there are some attributes that I would want to see in a QB and that's the QB rating vs pressure, vs blitz and completion pct. I'm amazed that Baker Mayfield is ranked high in all those categories, so far.

MAJ, that's what scares me about Rosen. His passer rating vs pressure is not that impressive and gives me that Jay Cutler vibe

Edited by the skycap

@SInow

Despite a dud vs. Oregon, why NFL evaluators aren’t down on Josh Allen. Quarterback Stock Watch for 2018 NFL Draft

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/19/mason-rudolph-nfl-draft-2018-scouting-report

@OptimumScouting

Mason Rudolph had an easy day vs. Pitt. But this play is why he's a top NFL QB, legit Heisman contender. #OKState: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/heisman-trophy-breakdown-baker-mayfield-lamar-jackson-sam-darnold-josh-rosen/1axb32sbe32xl1nnjwkhmq6eqo

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/910170513716150272

Allen does have NOBODY around him, but a lot of his throws are way off. Unless the hype machine gets going I probably won't watch him anymore.

@Rotoworld_Draft

@JoshNorris

Josh Norris Retweeted Rotoworld NFL Draft

"If he played for USC, Clemson or Oklahoma... they'd all be talking like there hasn't been a better passer in years." it's happening again

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.