Bills Big Board, as per Leroi

Estro

The myth, the man, the legend. For those of us that have been on the board the last few years, we know to trust Leroi over any of the other pundits....Why? What he says actually happens.

His Bills big board (in order of preference):

1. Solomon Thomas

2. Corey Davis

3. Marshon Lattimore

4. O.J. Howard

5. John Ross

Now let's break this down a little further. I won't go as far as saying S. Thomas is a lock to be picked before #10, but I have trouble envisioning both the Panthers @ #8 and the Bengals @ #9 passing on Thomas. Could the Bills flip a 3rd rounder & #10 to the Chargers if they're enamored w/ Thomas? I guess they could, but if they stay put at #10 I think Thomas is off the board.

Corey Davis, a personal favorite, is sneaky. Most everybody in the "pundit" world would say Davis will be there at #10, but I'm not sold. His game tape is phenomenal, and he plays the most important position in football other than QB, IMO. He's a difference maker & I think the 49ers, Titans, Chargers and Bengals all teams that pick before us would love a WR like C. Davis. I'm particularly nervous about the Bengals. I believe the Bengals would take S. Thomas over Davis, but if Thomas is gone I think Davis will be in serious consideration at #9.

Lattimore.....I thought there was an outside chance he could be there at #10, but with Sidney Jones injury and Conley's legal problem some of that nice CB depth is disappearing. I'm more confident that Lattimore will be gone @10 than I am for either Davis or Thomas.

O.J. Howard. I like the idea of adding Davis because I want to add to our offense. The thought of Sammy Watkins going down and picturing what our offense would look like is scary. Even with Sammy healthy the thought of our WR's and TE's is pretty scary, in the bad way. Some of the draft analysts I really like, really like O.J. Howard & that works for me. Howard is the guy I'd be the most excited for on this list, with the exception of Corey Davis. Might be gone though, both the 49ers & Titans could pull the trigger a lot earlier than expected. Mayock has him going #6.

John Ross would create a meltdown on this board. The injury history coupled with the belief that he could be had a dozen picks later would have most fans upset. This pick would surprise me, but if the 4 guys above him are all gone maybe we're in for a surprise.

Final Analysis:

45% chance Corey Davis (#2 on our board and better than 50/50 chance he's available)

20% chance O.J. Howard (#3 on our board & 50/50 chance he's available)

15% chance Solomon Thomas (#1 on our board, but highly likely he's not available)

12.5% chance John Ross (our #5 guy, should be available. Will everybody above him be gone? I'd bet No, but it is possible)

7.5% chance of Marshon Lattimore (our 3rd ranked guy + least likely to be available = not likely the Bills pick)

I'm hoping for Davis. O.J. Howard would be nice too. We find out in about 24 hours folks! Enjoy!

And shout out to Leroi for adding to the excitement.

Edited by Estro

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a feeling that Watson is going to be the pick. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm guessing Solomon Thomas is 1b and Watson is 1a. Just a hunch. After meeting him in person, Pegs and McDermott would love the kid.

Getting a feeling that Watson is going to be the pick. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm guessing Solomon Thomas is 1b and Watson is 1a. Just a hunch. After meeting him in person, Pegs and McDermott would love the kid.

I'm wondering if the Cardinals have Watson as their guy and will jump ahead of the Bills to make sure they get him. Carson Palmer's brother has been training him for a long time now, Arians said only one QB in this class is ready to start right away (34 starts right?), they haven't been shy about talking up Mahomes which make me think that's been a "head fake" all along. Think the Cardinals starting QB (and the team) doesn't have a huge insight into whether Watson is the real deal as a franchise QB by now?

I don't know why people are questioning Leroi? He cleary knows. What we don't know is the gap between those players on the board. If there is a big gap between Thomas and Davis (for example) we might be looking at a trade up or down. If you are holding out hope that he made those 5 names up, prepare to be disappointed tomorrow.

Yup. Pretty much. Nailed the first thing and I am not sure he has been right since from what I have seen. Who knows, though....

Darby, McDermott amongst others

According to John Wawrow we aren't taking a QB in the first round.

I have posted this in a few different threads, I apologize for the repetition. Just trying to spread the info.

Go ahead who?

Adams

Hooker

Lattimore

Allen

Reddick

Ok cool lets see what happens

I'm not trying to discredit anyone, but we are picking in the top ten. Not overly hard to make a list based on the specs rankings and potential landing spots. Fill in who we might need and you got it covered.

From what I understand Leroi has a lot of clout.

Again, I have asked about Leroi in the past and got conformation, but to say a list of five players can't be thought up of by anyone else isn't really logical.

I'm not trying to discredit anyone, but we are picking in the top ten. Not overly hard to make a list based on the specs rankings and potential landing spots. Fill in who we might need and you got it covered.

From what I understand Leroi has a lot of clout.

Again, I have asked about Leroi in the past and got conformation, but to say a list of five players can't be thought up of by anyone else isn't really logical.

I like what you did- a little skin in the game is good.

He has been wrong too, like EJ is going to be cut tomorrow about 2 years ago.

1 Howard

1A Davis

1B Williams

4 Foster

5 Reddick

I don't think the others fall to us

Now all the other GMs know our board! Good going!

I think that it's strange that he shares this stuff but I'm glad that he does. There are some other good insiders on here but rarely is the intel exchanged on the main board for fear of getting their sources in trouble. There are people on this board that are WAY more plugged in than the national media. The local guys get some info (specifically JW and TG) but they don't necessarily get it before people here. They are also required to confirm and verify before printing. They have to protect that info as well in many cases. Leroi gets the draft board, gives the position and a few days later releases the names.

The information isn't nearly as secretive as people think either. There are A LOT of people in that building (at least 50) that know the board. Anyone that they mention it to can mention to someone else and so on. To knock like the board is one thing but to not believe it off base.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Not doubting Leroi's past contributions but it's hard to believe the new and improved, more leak resistant Bills org lets Leroi divulge the board, or doesn't know he's doing so. And that Leroi is close enough to know, but disloyal enough to share publicly. Sorry L. but I'm not buying it.