Bills Big Board, as per Leroi

Estro

What exactly is stupid and or cute about adding a player of Thomas caliber?

I'm just not a fan. Especially when we lack depth in so many areas and already have Hughes and Lawson. That is why I'd view the pick as a typical cute Bills pick. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's all on our current staff, but i can't expect the Browns to continue to make crappy picks because it's a newer staff? Psh.

Yeah, I don't get the 20 years argument. You can't hang the successes of failures of others on these guys. It is different ownership, players, coaches, GM, strength staff, etc... I'm waiting for someone to get mad at Whaley for the Dockery signing (same old Bills).

Yeah, I don't get the 20 years argument. You can't hang the successes of failures of others on these guys. It is different ownership, players, coaches, GM, strength staff, etc... I'm waiting for someone to get mad at Whaley for the Dockery signing (same old Bills).

This is about the fan experience. As a fan I have waited and waited. Now we hire a defensive coach that brings back the veteran QB and looks like this will never end. I know so many people that gave up or have lost interest.

I used to call my Dad to talk Bills football. Now he has no interest in the team. This is how you lose people.

Edited by jeffismagic

Apples and Oranges.

I am not talking about staff but my experience following this team. More than 15 years is more than enough time.

And Whaley has been here since 2010.

It's not apples and oranges. We picked a QB in the 1st in '13 and one in the 4th in '16. We've also brought in multiple FAs in that same time span. You're placing prior failure on the current staff. It's identical.

I'm just not a fan. Especially when we lack depth in so many areas and already have Hughes and Lawson.

Hughes hasn't been super productive the past two years. Lawson, while we are banking on him becoming a top talent, still to early to tell.

You can never ever have enough pass rushers in a pass happy league. Only way to slow down Brady and the Pats is to create consistent pressure. It's how the Giants beat them twice for a Lombardi.

I mean, the day you draft for need and not best player on the board is the day you find your self missing the playoffs yet again.

This is about the fan experience. As a fan I have waited and waited. Now we hire a defensive coach that brings back the veteran QB and looks like this will never end. I know so many people that gave up or have lost interest.

I used to call my Dad and talk football. Now he has no interest in the team. This is how you lose people.

I don't disagree but it doesn't change the fact that this group isn't responsible for all (or even most) but is held accountable for all of it by some.

We are POSITIVE that the QB with a winning record can't win? I just don't get it. He has limitations and the team has limitations but all isn't bad. They are .500 over the last 3 years. They have been an average football team. If you listen to WGR, or read this board you would think that they are CURRENTLY the Browns.

Hughes hasn't been super productive the past two years. Lawson, while we are banking on him becoming a top talent, still to early to tell.

You can never ever have enough pass rushers in a pass happy league. Only way to slow down Brady and the Pats is to create consistent pressure. It's how the Giants beat them twice for a Lombardi.

I mean, the day you draft for need and not best player on the board is the day you find your self missing the playoffs yet again.

I hear you, but I'm just more in favor of drafting for need this year. We have enough needs where we could still get a great player. Lawson is no guarantee, but neither is Thomas. You don't ldraft Lawson last year if you didn't have confidence in him.

See my post above.

See my post above. I'm not taking issue with your 20 year statement. I am taking issue with that in conjunction with your defense of the Browns 'building something' because they have a bunch of picks despite the fact that they have had plenty of picks lately and they all suck.

I really hope we don't go Ross. He had an impressive collegiate career. He's just too short and small. 5' 11" 188 lbs. Roscoe is 5' 9" 177 lbs and Graham is exactly the same size at 5' 11" 188 lbs.

I thought when Coach Gailey left we didn't have to deal with ater bug guys anymore.

Say it ain't so McCoach.

I don't disagree but it doesn't change the fact that this group isn't responsible for all (or even most) but is held accountable for all of it by some.

We are POSITIVE that the QB with a winning record can't win? I just don't get it. He has limitations and the team has limitations but all isn't bad. They are .500 over the last 3 years. They have been an average football team. If you listen to WGR, or read this board you would think that they are CURRENTLY the Browns.

Kirby, I'm not asking you to join me. But I will say many fans had no interest in bringing back Tyrod and doing last year over. I wanted a clean slate and I want my team to be smart. Impress me! I used to be easy to please but the idiotic moves over and over have made me skeptical.

Bills and Sabres under Terry Pegula and Russ Brandon's One Buffalo are boring AND they lose. That's a deadly combination.

I really hope we don't go Ross. He had an impressive collegiate career. He's just too short and small. 5' 11" 188 lbs. Roscoe is 5' 9" 177 lbs and Graham is exactly the same size at 5' 11" 188 lbs.

I thought when Coach Gailey left we didn't have to deal with ater bug guys anymore.

Say it ain't so McCoach.

So Antonio Brown and ODB basically being the same size doesn't matter? Two of the best WRS in the business.

Say it ain't so McCoach.

Think of Ross as Brandin Cooks and not Roscoe. His production dwarfs that of Roscoe. He's a complete receiver just smaller. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Think of Ross as Brandon Cooks and not Roscoe. His production dwarfs that of Roscoe. He's a complete receiver just smaller.

Good call. The dude has great body control and ball tracking, runs good routes. I am concerned about the medical stuff, but the skill alone is top tier.

If they pick Ross I quit. Seriously. The problem we already have is Sammy isn't a physical wide receiver. He isn't a guy that's open even when he's not. Mike Williams. OJ Howard. Corey Davis. That should really be the only thing the front office is talking about. Because no matter what the pundits think of the back end of the defense, it's no where near the level of atrociousness of the wideout situation. Watkins is a 1B kind of guy, he isn't versatile. We have to make strides in that 8-15 yard range, right in the middle of the field.

Kirby, I'm not asking you to join me. But I will say many fans had no interest in bringing back Tyrod and doing last year over. I wanted a clean slate and I want my team to be smart. Impress me! I used to be easy to please but the idiotic moves over and over have made me skeptical.

Bills and Sabres under Terry Pegula and Russ Brandon's One Buffalo are boring AND they lose. That's a deadly combination.

I don't disagree on any of that. I'm just trying to add some perspective and where I am coming from. It isn't just you, I totally agree that people feel that way. When I look at the Bills teams of the present, I see an average football team that missed some opportunities (primarily from Rex's coaching). I don't care about 2006. It's totally irrelevant. For me, I am looking at an average football team that needs to plug some holes and get better coaching. If things go well they can win 10 games. They aren't a Super Bowl contender but they aren't the Browns either.