Florida DT prospect Caleb Brantley had one job...

Florida Gators star, future NFL Draft pick Caleb Brantley involved in a fight with a female: http://www.wtsp.com/mb/sports/future-nfl-draft-pick-gators-star-brantley-involved-in-fight-with-female/430994826

The story said that police said the woman struck him and he pushed her away. No charges filed.

He should not be putting himself in position for even the possibility of trouble this close to a big payday, but these are big guys on campus and I am sure are used to going out for "a good time"

Florida Gators star, future NFL Draft pick Caleb Brantley involved in a fight with a female: http://www.wtsp.com/mb/sports/future-nfl-draft-pick-gators-star-brantley-involved-in-fight-with-female/430994826

There is nothing wrong with either pushing away, or physically restraining, a woman who is attacking you.

Or, shooting her if she looks at you in a menacing manner.

if a woman was assaulting me and I had a gun I would be well within my right and highly likely to shoot her.

Yeah that's always a great looking move! :doh:

if a woman attacked you would you sit there and take it? What does it matter if a woman or man does this. They're both equally likely to be dangerous.

That she is a woman has nothing to do with this story at all. The guy was attacked and he defended himself. Is that a problem? Is it wrong to defend yourself from attack?

if a woman was assaulting me and I had a gun I would be well within my right and highly likely to shoot her.

if a woman attacked you would you sit there and take it? What does it matter if a woman or man does this. They're both equally likely to be dangerous.

That she is a woman has nothing to do with this story at all. The guy was attacked and he defended himself. Is that a problem? Is it wrong to defend yourself from attack?

I do think it's a bit more complicated than I was assaulted so I shot in terms of whether that's justified by law. I do agree that it shouldn't matter if it's a male or female but I do think their stature also needs to be the same i.e. is it reasonable to believe a 100 lb female vs a 225 lb male could justify the same amount of self defense chosen.

Good luck with your philosophy of dealing .....it won't be mine

Yes, because those are the only two options. Fight, or stay right there and take the beating...

Like the man said

The "stand your ground" crowd is just... loony. I mean the notion that 'merica is losing standing in the world because of namby-pamby liberals afraid to stand up for themselves and more interested in bathrooms, is just laughable to me. There are much bigger, systemic problems in our society than whether we adequately protect self-defense. Talk about a stupid distraction.

Don't be so small minded with your broad stroke. Bigger issues always exist but doesn't mean smaller ones aren't worthy of time.

Just because it frustrates me and I'll spend time/money to fix 1 of the 3 toilets in our house - doesn't mean I can't understand there's hungry people in the City I live in.

We get it. You're a classic beta white knight.

That's fine. It still doesn't change the fact that it's OK to push away, or physically restrain, a woman who is assaulting you.

I have no problem with that statement, although I find it hard to picture myself in such a situation.

We don't know much about this particular situation, but, in your mind, would it have been OK for him to shoot her? I'm sure it is safe to assume that she approached him in an aggressive, threatening manner prior to the assault? He could have been scared, right?

Define "assaulting". Does she have a weapon in your scenario?

Don't be so small minded with your broad stroke. Bigger issues always exist but doesn't mean smaller ones aren't worthy of time.

Just because it frustrates me and I'll spend time/money to fix 1 of the 3 toilets in our house - doesn't mean I can't understand there's hungry people in the City I live in.

It's not a small issue - it's a non-issue. Total waste of time and a distraction (intentionally, perhaps) from actual, important problems.

The story said that police said the woman struck him and he pushed her away. No charges filed.

He should not be putting himself in position for even the possibility of trouble this close to a big payday, but these are big guys on campus and I am sure are used to going out for "a good time"

I agree. How different would Mixon's life be if he had pushed that girl away and left rather than dropping her with a right and fracturing 4 bones in her face before leaving?

Yeah but what if it was Barbara Mandrell? That was an interesting pick you made the other day. I had to look her up for her current looks.

name="horned dogs" post="4326213" timestamp="1492103995"]

Good luck with your philosophy of dealing .....it won't be mine

Like the man said

my life is just fine. I win. Ibdont provoke situations or deal with situations which jeopordoze my safety. I'm not stupid.

Buffalo Bills Community

»

Replying to Florida DT prospect Caleb Brantley had one job...

Topic

I do think it's a bit more complicated than I was assaulted so I shot in terms of whether that's justified by law. I do agree that it shouldn't matter if it's a male or female but I do think their stature also needs to be the same i.e. is it reasonable to believe a 100 lb female vs a 225 lb male could justify the same amount of self defense chosen.

i a going to defend myself in the safest way possible no matter if they are a blind purple midget or a 7 foot tall spaghetti monster. And I have every right to do so. I am not obligated to use my hands or exercise the ability of discretion to defend myself.

Define "assaulting". Does she have a weapon in your scenario?

this is not how an argument works. You don't ask a rhetorically stupid question and get a dignified response.

Poor effort. But its now on you to define assault. Because I can counter by reading the law. Jeeeez weak.

Yeah but what if it was Barbara Mandrell? That was an interesting pick you made the other day. I had to look her up for her current looks.

I don't know if I need to Google her or shutter in fear. I'll choose run and and hide

The problem is when its a 300 pound monster doing the pushing away the woman could end up on the next block.....

Its a slippery slope

One is assuming that it's a defensive push to get her away and not one that deliberately puts her in harms way. Accidents could, of course, happen in such cases, but every person has the right to defend themselves. Even a woman can do damage to a large man. What if she'd caught him across the cornea with her nail? What if she'd had a small weapon, like a knife? A push that gets her away from him certainly would be reasonable IMO.

The problem is when its a 300 pound monster doing the pushing away the woman could end up on the next block.....

Its a slippery slope

hahahahaha. A 300 lbs monster. What if its a 100 lbs monster? If a 300 lbs man attacked a 100 lbs woman we would have wanted her to use ant force possible.

But the double standard is ridiculous. Why can't ya defend yourself without being a monster? Why can't be innocent until he is actually guilty?

I have no problem with that statement, although I find it hard to picture myself in such a situation.

We have this in common.

We don't know much about this particular situation, but, in your mind, would it have been OK for him to shoot her? I'm sure it is safe to assume that she approached him in an aggressive, threatening manner prior to the assault? He could have been scared, right?

Depends on the details of the situation. There are certainly situations in which it is reasonable to shoot anyone, man or woman, given a reasonable person could believe the shooters life was in danger. Like, say in a road rage incident where the other driver stalked you, exited their vehicle, ran up to yours and threatened your life while exhibiting menacing anti-social behavior.

This doesn't seem to be such a case on the surface though. Do you believe it is?

Given your clear intentions, I think this thread should be moved to PPP where we can discuss the laws and politics you're alluding to if you wish to continue along these lines.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

We have this in common.

Depends on the details of the situation. There are certainly situations in which it is reasonable to shoot anyone, man or woman, given a reasonable person could believe the shooters life was in danger. Like, say in a road rage incident where the other driver stalked you, exited their vehicle, ran up to yours and threatened your life while exhibiting menacing anti-social behavior.

This doesn't seem to be such a case on the surface though. Do you believe it is?

Given your clear intentions, I think this thread should be moved to PPP where we can discuss the laws and politics you're alluding to if you wish to continue along these lines.

i concur with the ppp aspect should it need to go there, but if it can be respectfully addressed here whilst remaining on this topic i'd hope it can stay here. but, people here generally don't do well at behaving and than are too scared to actually carry an intelligent argument to PPP where it belongs resting on their laurels of naming calling. it's frustrating and sad.

still, there are a few threads that this could be brought up in with ppp.

I guess it depends on how his hand technique was with the push, did he have good placement? did he maintain leverage?

:lol:

Sorry, but this sound like a classic case of drunk, mouthy, b---h thinking she can say or do anything she wants without repercussions because she has a vagina.

• 2 weeks later...

@rapsheet

5 days pre-draft, #Florida DT prospect Caleb Brantley was charged in a 4/13 incident with misdemeanor assault, knocking a woman's tooth out

3rd one of "my guys" that I've dropped off my board this year. I believe that's a record.

!@#$ you, Caleb Brantley. It's not hard to avoid punching a woman.