NFL Network has us as a AFCE contender

NFLN lol too many ex- patriots on their staff for my liking. That aside, it's in the NFLs best interest to keep fans paying attention. Calling the AFCE anything but a one-horse race is laughable.

I don't think he says we're beating NE...but he thinks we're the 2nd best in the division....that is a good sign if we're hoping for a WC this year....

I'm keeping my expectations very low. I'll be thrilled if none of our draft picks get injured. I'll be ecstatic if Sammy can heal and play 16 games. Sweeping NYJ/Mia would be nice. I'm cautiously optimistic about TyRod but realize he's probably not our long term franchise qb. Just a guy with the "wind at his back" could lead this team to 10 wins max! The true excitement for Bills fans will come when B&B retire....

Why not? The Bills have only had 1 losing season in the last 3. We are exactly .500 get those 3 seasons. That sounds like a team that's not far off to me.

Maybe a new coach and a better defense can ish us over the top?

Anyway, I sure hope so.

Better D, Taylor in a better system, why not red,

I hope so to buddy

NFL Network had us ...

When Trump says something, is it reported, "Today, the United States said, "Yadda yadda yadda."

That's not the NFL Network. It's a guy named Adam Schein. Who is employed by the NFL Network but is not the network itself.

It's nice, but ...

If we somehow have a better record than 8-8 with losing so much of the roster I will be amazed. We lost Woods and Gilmore and a few other solid contributors, add in the schedule and Taylor's limitations as a passer and I will be amazed if we are 8-8. Eric Wood, Kyle Williams and Taylor should've been released for cap purposes. Then draft your rookie QB in 2018 and over pay the top FA WR to play with Sammy.

This should've been a rebuilding year and a chance at a top QB in 2018, 8-8 forever.

Schedule is always hard to tell what it really is. We have had years we expected a tough schedule and it was easy and vise versa. I remember in 2015 thinking the Eagles and Skins would be cake walk games ..and both beat us with the Skins winning the division.

The QBs on the schedule do concern me and the defense not rebounding last year makes it hard to believe that is a strength of the team. That said you really don't know much about the schedule until halfway through the year if at all..

If the schedule was somehow playing New England 16 times I'd hope you would admit that would be tougher than playing Cleveland 16 times.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645943/article/nfls-sweet-16-for-16-each-divisions-favorite-top-contender

I guess nobody saw THIS! He's giving us a top 5 pick next year! yay!

New York is still better than Miami and Buffalo. Say what? I want what he's smoking!

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

...above the Dolphins....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793923/article/sixteen-teams-to-watch-each-divisions-favorite-top-contender

It's a nice surprise for me...they usually tend to ignore the Bills....nice to see that someone there is paying attention.

The NFL Network does not have the Bills "as an AFCE contender." The article lists a team in everyone division for the sake of the article; nowhere does it assert that the Bills have a legitimate chance of taking the division from the Patriots.

They cant be serious. A contender to new england is worthless. With Gilmore and now ealy they are ready for a second run

As if Gilmore is some great addition to bolster their chances. This just in, they would win just as many games in 2017 without SG as they would with him.

The NFL Network does not have the Bills "as an AFCE contender." The article lists a team in everyone division for the sake of the article; nowhere does it assert that the Bills have a legitimate chance of taking the division from the Patriots.

It's literally in the article...listed as the top contender.....ahead of the fish and the Jets...

Top contender: Buffalo Bills

Before Dolphins fans go nuts, it was close. And it's March. And I still wanna see Ryan Tannehill take the next step. But I love that Buffalo retained Tyrod Taylor. He's a good quarterback who will get even better now that he's no longer a pawn in a corrosive game between the coach, GM and owner. New head coach Sean McDermott is a gem, a buttoned-up guy who's a true workaholic. He's just the kind of guy this organization needed: the antithesis of Rex Ryan. The defense will take a major step forward. And the penalties will go down.

Edited by Iron Maiden

It's literally in the article...listed as the top contender.....ahead of the fish and the Jets...

Top contender: Buffalo Bills

Before Dolphins fans go nuts, it was close. And it's March. And I still wanna see Ryan Tannehill take the next step. But I love that Buffalo retained Tyrod Taylor. He's a good quarterback who will get even better now that he's no longer a pawn in a corrosive game between the coach, GM and owner. New head coach Sean McDermott is a gem, a buttoned-up guy who's a true workaholic. He's just the kind of guy this organization needed: the antithesis of Rex Ryan. The defense will take a major step forward. And the penalties will go down.

There is a "top contender" listed for every division. That does not mean that the Bills are listed as a legitimate contender for the division title; it means that, for the purpose of an article at a slow point of the offseason, Schein is positioning the Bills ahead of the Jets and the Dolphins. You are conflating what the author means by "top contender." Either way; well done on falling for clickbait. Edited by ny33

Why shouldn't they? A healthy Watkins, no O-line losses, and Rex is gone. If the defensive backfield can be improved in the draft, this is a 10 or 11 win team.

Getting rid of Rex is 2 or 3 win improvement by itself.

If Darby regresses further and the DB they draft can not start, it could be disaster.

There is a "top contender" listed for every division. That does not mean that the Bills are listed as a legitimate contender for the division title; it means that, for the purpose of an article at a slow point of the offseason, Schein is positioning the Bills ahead of the Jets and the Dolphins. You are conflating what the author means by "top contender." Either way; well done on falling for clickbait.

Wow...someone pissed in your cheerios ? I fully understand that he's not claiming we'll take over the division....I am simply pointing out that he's putting us ahead of Miami and the Jets as the top contender besides NE.....and that is a good thing....

Wow...someone pissed in your cheerios ? I fully understand that he's not claiming we'll take over the division....I am simply pointing out that he's putting us ahead of Miami and the Jets as the top contender besides NE.....and that is a good thing....

Your thread title says "AFCE contender." The board is becoming increasingly filled with unnecessary, redundant, and often duplicate posts (there were three threads on Zach Brown on the front page this morning, for example). Given how few moderators there are and how overwhelmed they have been with the influx of new registrants, it's not too much to ask for posters to give some thought to and avoid hyperbole in their posts. Otherwise, the board will be largely unreadable. No one wants to sift through pages of unnecessary posts.

Your thread title says "AFCE contender." The board is becoming increasingly filled with unnecessary, redundant, and often duplicate posts (there were three threads on Zach Brown on the front page this morning, for example). Given how few moderators there are and how overwhelmed they have been with the influx of new registrants, it's not too much to ask for posters to give some thought to and avoid hyperbole in their posts. Otherwise, the board will be largely unreadable. No one wants to sift through pages of unnecessary posts.

I didn't see any other thread about this particular article....Don't blame me for the repetitive threads....the article is putting the Bills in a positive light and I like that....I'm not looking for your approval buddy....if you don't like the thread, just ignore it.....