Gilmore to be...a patriot

You new bro?

No, I've known that the Gilmore megadeal was coming for a very long time. I'm not the least bit upset about that.

I do, however, find it astonishing when folks massively misrepresent situations with players.

As I said earlier in the thread, I really need to work on caring less about accuracy with regard to takes.

Lol @ you new? "im a big bad message board veteran." haha, Yea, guess you can say I'm a new member to this particular message board, but not new to know how aweful Gilmore was this past season. Not misrepresenting anything, I know what I saw with Gilmore and it was just plain bad. You can say what you want but he gets a lot of penalties, scared of contact, and got beat pretty bad this past season.

Also coming from a player like Gilmore who wanted to play more man to man because he thought he was that good. That clearly wasn't the case. Obviously it hurt your feelings in some sort of way to see him go since your so angry.

Oh and LOL @ "you new bro" again. Lame.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what we all hope.

I just don't think it'll be easy, though there's supposed to be some good DBs in this draft.

It's kinda embarrassing how bad Bills fan have underestimated Gilmore his entire career. If he only smiled when he got drafted!

But it has to be awful to play for NE for a lot of money.

Another guy who might go to find success on a Super Bowl caliber team year in and out, and HOW COULD WE LET HIM GO?!?!?!?!

Singing him to big money here here wasn't going to make him better. Playing for NE will.

Edited by KermitMcDermott

Lol @ you new? "im a big bad message board veteran." haha, Yea, guess you can say I'm a new member to this particular message board, but not new to know how aweful Gilmore was this past season. Not misrepresenting anything, I know what I saw with Gilmore and it was just plain bad. You can say what you want but he gets a lot of penalties, scared of contact, and got beat pretty bad this past season.

Also coming from a player like Gilmore who wanted to play more man to man because he thought he was that good. That clearly wasn't the case. Obviously it hurt your feelings in some sort of way to see him go since your so angry.

I'm starting to like you...anyone that gets this defensive about being blatantly wrong is okay with me :thumbsup:

Gilmore stats for the 2016 season: 69 targets, 40 receptions, 627 yards, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 67.7 passer rating against

Sherman stats for the 2016 season: 85 targets, 44 receptions, 624 yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs, 64.0 passer rating against

Sources:

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/11/why-bills-cb-stephon-gilmore-wasnt-as-bad-as-you-thought-in-2016/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769950/article/yearend-cornerback-rankings-richard-sherman-lands-at-no-1

If you can call that terrible, then I guess Sherman is terrible too...worse than Gilmore actually.

Either that, or you have no clue what you're talking about....but hey, keep calling me "mad" because it bolsters your point :lol:

And please don't stop posting...I come here for entertainment and you're a real gas!

Control your anger. It will be ok. Gilmore can be replaced with another CB who's cheaper, hungrier, and will actually tackle. He's gone, deal with it...

As I said, I came to terms with his departure long ago.

You new guys are funny: anyone that doesn't let you post whatever you want regardless of reality is apparently "mad".

Lol what a backstabber. But then again, OBD messed up by letting this happen

Backstabber??? A lot of fans couldn't past him not smiling on draft day and trashed everything he did here.

Matter of fact, this might be the ultimate Pats troll job against Bills fans. First, they get Hogan, who wasn't as good as D'Rick Rogers. Now, Gilmore, who will be easily replaced by some rookie who will be better.

People are going to learn their minds when they sign EJ and flip him for a 1st rounder haha!

It's shocking from a Patriots stand point. When is the last time they went out and signed a free agent for top dollar? That is not there thing.

does Darelle Revis ring a bell?

i'm still not convinced he is worth what he will be getting.

I hope I wind up being wrong , but I think Gilmore is going to be a better player in NE for 3 important reasons that Buffalo doesn't have.

1. better coaching, starting with BB

2. he'll have better talent around him on the field, that always helps.

3. the Patriots come into each season expecting to get to, and win the superbowl!

Within the first 5 minutes of the first OTA this spring let alone during training camp, he'll know he's no longer in Kansas with toto.

Throughout his career he's been with a franchise that hopes to get above 500% and has never made it but one time.

The 3 points above are huge motivators for any athlete.

The only drawback I see for him is that he's a bit fragil and may miss some games each season.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

+1

Patrick, Bandit is by far the biggest Gilmore homer on here. Anytime someone says some negative about Gilmore, he's quick to respond. It's true, Bills fans over-value certain players and this guy thinks Gilmore is the best CB to ever play the game.

NE rarely make FA mistakes. Buffalo fans do not see Gilmore like those outside WNY. The guy is talented and I see him haunting the Bills for years to come. Bills continue to let first round draft picks, that are not busts, walk in Free Agency.

I feel like NE makes a lot of bad FA mistakes. This is another one. Is anyone actually worried about playing against Gilmore twice per year?

+1

Patrick, Bandit is by far the biggest Gilmore homer on here. Anytime someone says some negative about Gilmore, he's quick to respond. It's true, Bills fans over-value certain players and this guy thinks Gilmore is the best CB to ever play the game.

I think I would tend to take belichick's side of this particular debate

I hope I wind up being wrong , but I think Gilmore is going to be a better player in NE for 3 important reasons that Buffalo doesn't have.

1. better coaching, starting with BB

2. he'll have better talent around him on the field, that always helps.

3. the Patriots come into each season expecting to get to, and win the superbowl!

Within the first 5 minutes of the first OTA this spring let alone during training camp, he'll know he's no longer in Kansas with toto.

Throughout his career he's been with a franchise that hopes to get above 500% and has never made it but one time.

The 3 points above are huge motivators for any athlete.

The only drawback I see for him is that he's a bit fragil and may miss some games each season.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Im curious at what better defensive talent you think he has around him (the pats are also losing free agents)

everything....EVERYTHING that the patriots do that has to do with winning is put around their Hall of Fame QB and Bill B.

you take Brady off this team and watch the losses start to come in

+1

And as I've told you before, you're dead wrong.

Again.

I call 'Em down the middle.

Go see my comments about his performances against the Jets and Pats from 2016.

Or don't.

I honestly don't care, but you look silly when you chalk up facts to homerism and choose instead to lend credence to nebulous, unsupported opinion.

The "eye test" is what folks claim when their agenda doesn't mesh with facts.

Case-in-point: I claim he's an excellent corner, some claim he's lousy.

The stats, the money, and the opinion of the guy that many call the greatest coach of his generation support my stance.

Abstract statements support the opposite.

A little common sense should indicate which side of the fence is grounded in reality, and which is simply agenda-driven nonsense.

I'm now ready for Jerry's oh-so-predictable reply:

"Yeah but the Jets game!!!1!1!1!111!!!"

Edited by thebandit27

+1

lol, I can certainly tell. Pretty funny to me. But anyways, whatever floats his boat I guess. Sometimes fans have a hard time getting over certain players leaving and/or getting benched. I have seen a few people get all mad and defensive about EJ when he was benched also, lol so nothing new for me. I find it quite comical.

Im curious at what better defensive talent you think he has around him (the pats are also losing free agents)

everything....EVERYTHING that the patriots do that has to do with winning is put around their Hall of Fame QB and Bill B.

you take Brady off this team and watch the losses start to come in

John, of course if you take B & B away they're a different team. But an offense that makes lots of plays & scores points motivates a defense. No, the Pats D is not the Steel Curtain, but they were good enough to help get them to the SB and win it(again) a few months ago. Offense helps defense & vice versa.

I think I would tend to take belichick's side of this particular debate

Not all of the great Belichek's choices workout. I think it's great that Bill is now devoting $15M to a player on the secondary as it could impact other areas on the Patriots.

lol, I can certainly tell. Pretty funny to me. But anyways, whatever floats his boat I guess. Sometimes fans have a hard time getting over certain players leaving and/or getting benched. I have seen a few people get all mad and defensive about EJ when he was benched also, lol so nothing new for me. I find it quite comical.

I get that fans love certain players, but they need to get over when the team either cuts/trades or does not resign that player. Lee Evans is another one I can think of that Bills fans being butt hurt over. You're right, Bandits man-crush on Gilmore is comical. I wonder what Gilmore's excuses are going to be when he blows coverage and fails to tackle in NE? Is Gilmore going to blame others again like he did in Buffalo?

Congrats on missing the boat right along with Jerry!

:lol:

Where you may eventually advance beyond Jer is you may discover that I'm beholden to the facts.

Not emotion

Not preconceived ideas

Not company lines

Facts.

If you post an opinion that flies in the face of literally all relevant data, odds are that I will call you out on it.

Be prepared to defend it with more than just an extra helping of opinion if you want to be taken seriously.

Or don't.

Your call.

Malcolm Butler and Stephon Gilmore, unreal freaking real how a team continues to win SB rings and still gets a talent like Gilmore who wont even be the #1 in NE.

Guy's want to win and unfortunately for us, the best odds they have of getting a ring are in Foxboro.

+1

Bandit is probably one of the best, most level headed posters on this board. But I guess if you don't follow the mob mentality of Gilmore sucks, you're a homer!

Bill Belichick = Gilmore homer

Congrats on missing the boat right along with Jerry!

:lol:

Where you may eventually advance beyond Jer is you may discover that I'm beholden to the facts.

Not emotion

Not preconceived ideas

Not company lines

Facts.

If you post an opinion that flies in the face of literally all relevant data, odds are that I will call you out on it.

Be prepared to defend it with more than just an extra helping of opinion if you want to be taken seriously.

Or don't.

Your call.

It will be alright. Maybe the next CB that takes his place will fill that empty void for you. I sure hope so my friend.

Bandit is probably one of the best, most level headed posters on this board. But I guess if you don't follow the mob mentality of Gilmore sucks, you're a homer!

Bill Belichick = Gilmore homer

I go by exactly what I see in the games. Apparently, thousands of other Bills fans feel the same way about Gilmore.

Bandit loves stats to death and Belichek said it best "Stats are for losers."

Gilmore getting back at Bills fans who don't know **** about football.

I assume you're one of the ones who knows a lot. Well, I think Gilmore is as overrated as Byrd was when we refused to pay him stupid money. Good, but by no means great. Time will tell...

By the way the Patriots aren't known for great personnel moves. Even the Hogan thing got blown out of proportion, he averaged a whopping 2.3 catches per game last year.

Can't wait to see Gilmore get smoked by Corey Davis next year

I assume you're one of the ones who knows a lot. Well, I think Gilmore is as overrated as Byrd was when we refused to pay him stupid money. Good, but by no means great. Time will tell...

By the way the Patriots aren't known for great personnel moves. Even the Hogan thing got blown out of proportion, he averaged a whopping 2.3 catches per game last year.

Can't wait to see Gilmore get smoked by Corey Davis next year

Lol, I like the sound of that. And Corey Davis would, indeed, smoke Gilmore. I love Corey Davis, was posting about him months ago on this board. Hope he's a Bill in a couple of months.

I go by exactly what I see in the games. Apparently, thousands of other Bills fans feel the same way about Gilmore.

Bandit loves stats to death and Belichek said it best "Stats are for losers."

You just quoted the guy who signed Gilmore to a lot of money.

But hey if Bills' fans say it, it must be true. Definitely go with the opinion of some drunk person jumping through a table over BB. :)

Obviously Bill Belicheck believes Gilmore is a good corner.

But many on a Bills message board...

Same crap on the BBMB as well Teef.

Another 1st rd pick wasted. Actually make it 2 as we will spend another 1st round pick on his replacement or typical DB player this year.

So BILLSY!

You just quoted the guy who signed Gilmore to a lot of money.

But hey if Bills' fans say it, it must be true. Definitely go with the opinion of some drunk person jumping through a table over BB. :)

I've been a fan since 1980, based off of 37 years of watching the NFL, Gilmore is not worth $15M a year. IMO, I'd rather have a great front seven that can generate pressure on the QB and LB's that can cover TE's, versus devoting a ton of money to the secondary. Byrd is another example. While I liked Byrd, he wasn't worth what the Saints gave him.

So, you're saying the almighty Belichek never makes a mistake?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I've been a fan since 1980, based off of 37 years of watching the NFL, Gilmore is not worth $15M a year. IMO, I'd rather have a great front seven that can generate pressure on the QB and LB's that can cover TE's, versus devoting a ton of money to the secondary. Byrd is another example. While I liked Byrd, he wasn't worth what the Saints gave him.

So, you're saying the almighty Belichek never makes a mistake?

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

LOL at posters laughing at and second guessing the Pats. 5 SB's and we are 0 for 17

We are so far from contending that SG makes no difference to us. Pats only need to get incrementally better and they could get #6. Good signing for them

The Patriots will be not only remembered as one of the great dynasty's but they will also always have the largest black cloud over the franchise from all time for all of the cheating allegations during their reign. Ultimately all you have after your gone is how you are remembered. They will forever be linked to cheating.

If and when the Bills ever win one we can take solace in the fact I'm sure there will be no such allegations to tarnish our championship.

Ah yes, the old "moral victory will taste so good" argument. Eventually... if you see it before you kick the bucket. Please get real, no one is going to remember all that crap except Bills fans jealous of their supremacy. And before you write me off - I've been a die-hard Bills fan for over 40 years. I also recognize greatness when I see it.

LOL at posters laughing at and second guessing the Pats. 5 SB's and we are 0 for 17

We are so far from contending that SG makes no difference to us. Pats only need to get incrementally better and they could get #6. Good signing for them

Yeah, having the best QB ever in life as your starting QB can win you a lot of SBs. It's true.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Also, without Brady he would just be your everyday average NFL coach. Hell Rex Ryan could have won some SBs with Brady at the helm. probably just about any coach on the league would have a very, VERY good shot at winning it all a few times if Brady is your QB.

You're absolutely right. Belichek was nothing special in Cleveland and also in NE before Brady fell into their laps. Any coach would look like a genius with a HOF QB.