Gilmore to be...a patriot

3 million is a good reason to not want to be on a losing franchise. Sign me up.

Yeah absolutely, I'm not hating on him for going to NE. I just simply don't care either way. We weren't going to the playoffs because we do or don't have Stephon Gilmore. I just think that when you're a fan of a losing franchise like we are then we get so caught up with certain players. Honestly I thought it was a bigger deal when Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements left. They were a lot better CB's IMO. Gilmore is good we'll miss him but he had an opportunity to stay in Buffalo he wasn't forced out. Good luck to him, he'll be missed but we can't afford to pay a CB $14mil a year right now. That's just what it is.

Edited by Big Homie

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep my name out of your mouth unless you're going to address me directly.

It's ironic, on the very day that the very coach whose team witnessed that play from the opposing sideline breaks the bank for Gilmore, that you would choose to die on this hill.

What's been obvious to some of us all along--that Gilmore is an elite player who just about any coach would love to have--has been confirmed: the best coach in the NFL, who faced the player 2x per year for half a decade, decided that he deserves to be one of the two highest-paid corners in the NFL.

Why? Because he watched 5 years of tape and didn't decide to pigeon-hole the guy's entire career based on a single play.

Unlike you.

You're dismissed now.

giphy.gif

Hes a good CB. But many people around the league feel hes not great. Hes about to be paid top 2-3 CB $ by a team with the geeatest QB in the history of the NFL and the greatest HC in the history of the NFL.

That team can afford to carry a roster that would probably go 4-12 without said HC and QB and thus they can afford to make a big splash and overpay a good CB by paying him as if he was patrick peterson. Hes not patrick peterson. We're better for it. Move on.

I wanted to move on from Gilmore because I wanted to rebuild.

If you are trying to make the playoffs losing Gilmore is not the correct move. Bills have no clue what they are doing. You have to tag him if you are going for it.

whats changed?

The Patriots are still heads and shoulders above the rest of the shitboxes in AFC East. The margin only got larger.

Laughing at people justifying Bills Front Office with 2 FB's and a K as their first needs. It's a passing league. QB/WR/blocking. CB/Pass Rush are the keys to the league.

Bills will always be the best at LB's and FB's

If you are trying to make the playoffs losing Gilmore is not the correct move. Bills have no clue what they are doing. You have to tag him if you are going for it.

Not with so many good corners coming out in the draft and the switch to a zone coverage scheme.

Keep my name out of your mouth unless you're going to address me directly.

It's ironic, on the very day that the very coach whose team witnessed that play from the opposing sideline breaks the bank for Gilmore, that you would choose to die on this hill.

What's been obvious to some of us all along--that Gilmore is an elite player who just about any coach would love to have--has been confirmed: the best coach in the NFL, who faced the player 2x per year for half a decade, decided that he deserves to be one of the two highest-paid corners in the NFL.

Why? Because he watched 5 years of tape and didn't decide to pigeon-hole the guy's entire career based on a single play.

Unlike you.

You're dismissed now.

😂🤣😅

You're funny! Keep the comedy going!

The guy can't tackle and gets burned, but you keep going on like he's the best CB in the league. You sir are delusional!

We were trying to make the playoffs last year and Gilmore's defense averaged giving up 33 points a game in 5 games vs the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats. 33 points per game against. Let that sink in, and then move on.

While I hate losing Gilmore, and even MORE hate losing him to the Pats - I can't fault Whaley here.

I think he's a great CB, but too much $$$ to keep him.

Well, top rated CB's usually hit the jackpot in free agency. This has been going on for two decades and the Bills continually pick these guys in the first round....only to see them walk.

To me, that is a waste. If your philosophy is to not pay a top corner top money, stop using first round draft picks on them.

If the Bills select another corner in the first this year, how will you feel?

We were trying to make the playoffs last year and Gilmore's defense averaged giving up 33 points a game in 5 games vs the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats. 33 points per game against. Let that sink in, and then move on.

It's all Gilmore's fault? OK, watch him in New England. Bills had crap safeties and linebackers.

Not with so many good corners coming out in the draft and the switch to a zone coverage scheme.

and other holes to fill on the roster and other upgrades to make on the roster. This is one more reason why we are stuck in mediocrity; we let our better players walk and have to replace them with picks instead of improving positions and drafting players to push them. I know that changing coaches and changing schemes really drive this, but between him and TT - Gilmore should win hands down...

If they get Gilmore and lose Butler it's a push

Agreed. But honestly why are we even giving so much attention to the pats? Nothing is changing. Theeyre going 13-3 regardless of what they do. Its BB and Brady everything else is just noise.

Let them get every single player i say. Makes the rest of the league easier to beat

@diannaESPN

The New England Patriots are considering trading Malcolm Butler to the New Orleans Saints for Brandin Cooks per sources

So before everyone freaks out, it looks like Gilmore could end up being a more expensive lateral move from what they are already had. As usual it's the offense we need to be afraid of.

Gilmore is a poor tackler - will not go over well in NE....

I distinctly remember Kyle Williams missing on BOTH gut punch big Ajayi runs that more or less lost us both of those games. We didn't like to talk about that at the BBMB and probably won't here either.

He also ate dirt trying to take Jeremy Hill against the Bengals. We forgot because we win that game.

Edited by Elite Poster

I would love to know how people are going to use our 3 picks in the top 155 to get a QB to groom, a WR- 2, a day 1 starting corner, 2 safeties to replace Williams & Graham long term, a linebacker that fits McD's scheme and a RT. The answer in every single FA thread is "the draft is loaded at that position", but we've proven ourselves to be one of the worst franchises at building draft pick capital and we simply don't have enough to it to fill every hole. Losing Gilmore opened up another one. We used cap space that easily could have retained him to fill luxury positions that are usually filled by undrafted players. How people are rationalizing this over his inability to tackle (its a corner, who cares) or willingness to pay him $12 mil but not $14 is amazing.

I would love to know how people are going to use our 3 picks in the top 155 to get a QB to groom, a WR- 2, a day 1 starting corner, 2 safeties to replace Williams & Graham long term, a linebacker that fits McD's scheme and a RT. The answer in every single FA thread is "the draft is loaded at that position", but we've proven ourselves to be one of the worst franchises at building draft pick capital and we simply don't have enough to it to fill every hole. Losing Gilmore opened up another one. We used cap space that easily could have retained him to fill luxury positions that are usually filled by undrafted players. How people are rationalizing this over his inability to tackle (its a corner, who cares) or willingness to pay him $12 mil but not $14 is amazing.

Yep

Again, the pats were going 13-3 with or without Gilmore. Who cares. At least Gilmore didnt go to the dolphins. Im not phased at all by it.

This is a good point. Strange move for them. Their big money defensive FA signings aren't historically good moves.