Mike Williams

Sorry if there's a thread did a quick search and found nothing on just him.

I don't know much about the players coming out this year but this kid sounds like he could be a stud. I've seen him in a few mocks going to us. I'd love to have two very good WR's and it sounds like the QBs are better next year. What's everyone's thoughts on picking Williams at 10?

Love him and Corey Davis. Both could be good #1s and would be amazing #2.

But can you name a team that has spent multiple top 10 picks on WRs that was completely terrible? The Lions had this philosophy and didn't win a game for an entire season. Drafting WRs high is a terrible way to build a team.

Turbo is right, Davis is the stud. Williams struggles to get separation and relies too heavily on his size to outmuscle smaller college DBs. Wont work as well at the next level. Really needs to work on his route tree according to Donald Jones.

I would rank Davis higher, but MW is a really good player. As first round pass catchers go, I might take OJ Howard before him, though technically not a WR. MW will go in the 1st and be a good pro imo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Love him and Corey Davis. Both could be good #1s and would be amazing #2.

But can you name a team that has spent multiple top 10 picks on WRs that was completely terrible? The Lions had this philosophy and didn't win a game for an entire season. Drafting WRs high is a terrible way to build a team.

Atlanta trading away a ton of picks to move up in Cleveland's spot and get Julio Jones was one of the best moves in recent history. The guy has led them to the playoffs multiple times and would have been responsible for them winning the championship this year if Shanahan knew how to game manage better.

Watch the Corey Davis highlights he is as close to Julio as I've seen. 6'3 but sturdy build, incredible hands, has Andre Reed YAC skills. Completes the skill positions on our offense from a personnel standpoint. The only way we don't take that guy is if Adams, Hooker or Trubisky fall or we get an attractive trade-down offer.

Atlanta trading away a ton of picks to move up in Cleveland's spot and get Julio Jones was one of the best moves in recent history. The guy has led them to the playoffs multiple times and would have been responsible for them winning the championship this year if Shanahan knew how to game manage better.

Watch the Corey Davis highlights he is as close to Julio as I've seen. 6'3 but sturdy build, incredible hands, has Andre Reed YAC skills. Completes the skill positions on our offense from a personnel standpoint. The only way we don't take that guy is if Adams, Hooker or Trubisky fall or we get an attractive trade-down offer.

Tyrod, Shady, Sammy, Clay and Corey Davis would be one of the top offenses in the NFL and damn fun to watch!

We did that already with Sammy Watkins. No good franchise spends multiple top 10 picks on a dependent position like receiver. It's simply not smart.

Tyrod, Shady, Sammy, Clay and Corey Davis would be one of the top offenses in the NFL and damn fun to watch!

I think Tyrod definitely needs another weapon not to be able to get the ball to.

Clemson's Mike Williams, a top WR prospect who intends to enter the 2017 NFL Draft. His coach, Dabo Swinney, says he's a more complete prospect than ex-CU WRs DeAndre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000748406/article/dare-to-compare-nfl-comp-for-clemson-wr-mike-williams

If the Bills got Williams he would become the prototype #1 WCO WR while Sammy would be moved around more and used to create mismatches.

I don't have a 1st round grade on him. I'm suffering from LaQuon Treadwell hangover syndrome.

Haha yeah maybe you're right. WR's can be almost as tough as qb's to predict in the draft but I have a feeling Davis is going to light it up no matter where he goes.

Haha yeah maybe you're right. WR's can be almost as tough as qb's to predict in the draft but I have a feeling Davis is going to light it up no matter where he goes.

Davis is the clear #1 for me. Williams is still #2 with a high 2nd grade but I'm a little worried about his vertical game not working against NFL-level CB's. At Clemson, he could stack them nicely and create that half-step for himself. Against stronger players, or guys with better recovery speed, does he replicate?

At the very least, he's a great slant/comeback type of WR and a high level possession receiver. Not a knock on him that he's not a 1st rounder for me, still appreciate his game.

Davis is the clear #1 for me. Williams is still #2 with a high 2nd grade but I'm a little worried about his vertical game not working against NFL-level CB's. At Clemson, he could stack them nicely and create that half-step for himself. Against stronger players, or guys with better recovery speed, does he replicate?

At the very least, he's a great slant/comeback type of WR and a high level possession receiver. Not a knock on him that he's not a 1st rounder for me, still appreciate his game.

Yes, it seems scouting community is split on Davis vs Williams. I favor Mike but won't cry if the Bills get Davis.

Come on Blokes push Dupre up your board! Still like what you see in him?

The more I watched, the lower the grade got. I'll cut him some slack because of that god-awful passing attack but I think he ended up being a 4th rounder.

Yes, it seems scouting community is split on Davis vs Williams. I favor Mike but won't cry if the Bills get Davis.

The second I started making comparisons between Corey and TO, I couldn't do anything but call him WR1. The scary thing is, I think Corey can get better. Clean up those idiotic drops etc.

I don't have a 1st round grade on him. I'm suffering from LaQuon Treadwell hangover syndrome.

Bad bad comparison.

The more I watched, the lower the grade got. I'll cut him some slack because of that god-awful passing attack but I think he ended up being a 4th rounder.

The second I started making comparisons between Corey and TO, I couldn't do anything but call him WR1. The scary thing is, I think Corey can get better. Clean up those idiotic drops etc.

He reminds me of Landry but faster.

We did that already with Sammy Watkins. No good franchise spends multiple top 10 picks on a dependent position like receiver. It's simply not smart.

I think Tyrod definitely needs another weapon not to be able to get the ball to.

Typically I would agree with your thoughts. Part of our issue over the years has been the constant drafting of the same positions over and over. You can't build a quality franchise by using first round picks in the same spot in years close together. This may be different thought. We have absolutely no depth at the WR position. We definitely need a number two receiver at the least.

The other problem is that Sammy hasn't been able to stay on the field. We have no idea how often he is going to be on the field in the future. There is no telling that his injury issues won't be career altering. I don't think it is unreasonable to draft a first round WR to have insurance for life without Sammy. Ultimately we need to draft a WR this year regardless. I wouldn't have a problem with it being in the first round.

Right now most mocks by folks who tend to get it right say Williams will go anywhere from #5 to #13 and some have our Bills taking him

Davis on the other hand seems to be going anywhere from #12 to early 2nd round

And just everybody has Williams being the first WR picked

And some don't even have Davis going next cos Macafrrey is a unique dual RB-WR thread

Its so far from the draft, this is all bound to change multiple times between now and end of April

jc

I disagree, you don't draft anyone, especially in the first round, on the basis of need for the the current season, or who will be the 2017 QB

You draft a player with the hope that he will have an overall impact over the next 5 years

Besides, a 1st round WR that make plays is always a big need

jc