Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

Here we go again. Romo picks where he wants to go this off-season. If you were in his shoes and you could go to Denver, SF, Chicago, or Arizona are you really picking Buffalo? Get over it. It will NEVER HAPPEN. Romo wants to compete and Houston and Denver are ahead of Buffalo by a lot.

This also. La Conjecture usually full of crap.

SF and Chicago are better landing spots than Buffalo?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romo will be 37 in April

$14M in 2017
$19.5M in 2018
$20.5M in 2019
$54M total contract left , I just don't trust his health
La Canfora wrote. "Romo prefers to be moved to a contending team -- specifically, the Texans, Cardinals, Broncos or Chiefs."
La Canfora said the Bills are also interested in Romo, but a trade with Buffalo "might be a tough sell."

If you could get him for that it is a bargain. There is zero guaranteed money. The issue is Dallas can't trade him because it screws up their cap

Romo will be 37 in April

$14M in 2017
$19.5M in 2018
$20.5M in 2019
$54M total contract left , I just don't trust his health
La Canfora wrote. "Romo prefers to be moved to a contending team -- specifically, the Texans, Cardinals, Broncos or Chiefs."
La Canfora said the Bills are also interested in Romo, but a trade with Buffalo "might be a tough sell."

Chiefs, hmmm that would ake Alex Smith available .

If the Bills really wanted to part ways with Tyrod they probably would have done it already. No reason to keep him hanging on. Can't trade a guy who isn't under contract for next year. Coaches must want him. Probably holding out in case something crazy comes available.

why would they part ways a second earlier then they have to ?

You just might be on to something with Bledsoe Part II analogy.

It isn;t Bledsoe part 2 if they don't have to give up anything .

Romo's Clavicle is hanging on by duct tape, and our FO thinks that's a GOOD look? :lol:

I'm skeptical of this story... LaCrock-for-ya has priors for bulls#!*

Still, I wonder who'll get canned if this ridiculous notion comes to life?

McDone-for might get a pass if the defense shows improvement... But Whaley??? -FIRED for sure.

Duct tape is awesome stuff. Mythbusters proved it works and repairs anything. :)

Hypothetical -

Trade a 3 for romo

Trade tyrod for a 2

Have a higher pick, lower cap hit and less dead money for any future cuts if you find a guy in the near term

Use a high pick (and maybe some of that value gained via trade) to get a rookie of your choosing to replace romo asap

Crazy?

Very crazy . Nobody is giving a 2 for Tyrod . Dallas will have to Sacrifice a good chuck of cap room to trade him rather then release him

This would be a no-brainer for the Bills. Romo would be the best QB that we have had since J. Kelly.

The problem is that Romo would most likely not be interested or would prefer other perceived "contenders" over the Bills.

The injury issue: Many of Romo's injuries have just been bad luck. I would not let that stop us from trying to acquire Romo.

With Romo at QB the Bills automatically become legitimate playoff contenders.

Romo is said to have 3-5 good playing years left. That could certainly make things interesting around here.

BTW, I do think the Bills will have to seriously consider keeping Taylor if they can't obtain Romo, but I don't see any way that they can manage to have both of them on the roster because of the salary cap. It would likely be Romo/2017 draft pick (possibly Mahomes)/C. Jones or Taylor/2017 draft pick/C. Jones at QB in 2017.

I think you have your cap numbers wrong dude.

Dead cap hit is the same whether he is traded or cut.

If Romo stays on the team in 2017 he costs $24.7 million against the cap for year 2017.

If he is traded or cut he will cost - $19.6 million against the cap for year 2017.

Info found here.

You get the same info here too.

but if he is cut they can spread the dead money over two years. When you are contending for at title . Ten million dollars is a lot of cap room to play with

I don't buy either part of this story. I don't think the Cowboys will release or trade Romo and I don't think the Bills are interested in him even if available.

Romo is Jerry's successor as GM of the Cowboys. The guy is like an adopted son to Jones.

Taylor is a FA 9 March @4PM if the option is not exercised before then

If no other team signs him the option kicks in 11 March and he stays here unless the Bills cut him first

I could be wrong and usually am

Okay after much searching on the internet :wallbash: I have found the definitive data.

Here it is.

You are correct. Well except for the option automatically kicking in.

Buffalo must exercise the option before March 9th at 4PM not March 11 as a couple of articles stated.

Therefore, they cannot trade him without picking up option which means he isn't going to be traded because of the massive and unavoidable dead cap hit totaling about $53 million.

If the Bills were going to trade Tyrod, they would have had to do it prior to November 1 2016 - because that was before the trade deadline and they could have avoided picking up the option still.

Nice job Alfy :thumbsup:

Edited by PolishDave

SF and Chicago are better landing spots than Buffalo?

Not if he wants to win

If he wants to win hes gonna go to Denver, Houston (doubtful cuz of cap issues), or Arizona. If he is over winning a chip and just wants a cushy job in a warm place for his family, hes going to SF before the sub zero temps of Buffalo or Chi.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bills have "significant interest" in Tony Romo.

Source: CBS Sports Feb 2 - 3:28 PM

It's my first post and I hope this was done right! Woo hoo.

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/354126/report-bills-have-significant-romo-interest?ls=roto:DAL:topheadl

Getting Romo would certainly change the outlook for 2017 and would allow the Bills to draft a QB to develop without throwing him in right away

Denver seems like a great choice, until you take a hard look at that division. KC will win 12-13 games, even though they can't win a playoff game. Oakland is a young tough team with a QB that is on the rise. IMO Denver's window is closing.

If I'm Romo, my #1 choice is Houston. Incredible defense even without Watt this season. He will be coming back. Dome. Garbage division that virtually guarantees a playoff berth. They made it the past couple years with total garbage QB play.

After that, it drops off quickly. If Palmer stays in Arizona then Buffalo is just as good, or better, than any other option left. The Jets? Chicago?

The Vikings would have been a good fit for Romo but they burned some serious capital on Bradford and I doubt they give up much to trade for another QB.

The Bills do have some weapons, assuming Watkins can stay healthy and McCoy can stay in top form. He would be greeted as a hero riding into save the day (which most players, and especially QBs, like regardless of what they say).

Here it's simple: even get to the wildcard and you're a made man forever. Win a playoff game and we build a statue at this point.

Buffalo's not as bad an idea as the "woe is me" types might think.

If there's one thing the Bills can do it's get in a star player in the backend of his career.

Bledose

Owens

Mario

They've got the $$ and will spent it. Plus there are tickets to be sold. Also, Dallas seems to enjoy trading with Buffalo.

Mario was not backend of his career when we got him. That's a ridiculous statement.

Mario was at the back end of caring when he arrived, then he proceeded on from there. When he arrived he was physically still in or near his prime, imo. He WAS at the back end of his career when he was stealing money from the Dolphins, and I'm OK with that. :)

Let's get this straight

It appears most want to roll with Taylor and not bring in Romo . For the life of me I can't understand the logic . The bills haven't had a qb in 15 years. Now they can get one but they rather keep the player who can't play the position.

Sure Romo gets hurt but the entire qb game is roulette until you find one. At least with Romo there is a lot of tal

He hasn't played a full season since 2014. so three years without a real workload and he still lost out to a rookie. it's a dumb idea, but it's also a super Billsy idea, which is why i'm not surprised people on here are supporting it. don't look for a long-term solution, pick up someone else's short-term scraps, pay him too much, and hope that he someone can now play in bad weather with a sub-par WR corp after being off for three years. so much goodness in that idea.

Forget Romo, just another quarterback we will have to over pay for because no one wants to play here and will just strangle our salary cap! Cardale Jones! Baby, try him don't like him get another one!

Forget Romo, just another quarterback we will have to over pay for because no one wants to play here and will just strangle our salary cap! Cardale Jones! Baby, try him don't like him get another one!

He had 3 good years then suddenly cannot or will not play. Maybe I was a bit harsh, though.

He is at the backend of his career now for sure.... but he was right in his prime those first 3 years in Buffalo and had the best 3 year stretch of his career. Bledsoe and Owens were already on the downslope when they got here.

This x1000

Just say no to the injury prone pocket passer. Cap money will be hard enough to find. Don't spend big bucks on somebody who will be on IR before October.

Thats the same injury prone QB who didnt miss a game last year? That one!

Very crazy . Nobody is giving a 2 for Tyrod . Dallas will have to Sacrifice a good chuck of cap room to trade him rather then release him

Alex smith got two 2s, cassel got a 2, Bradford has gotten how many 1s? Foles a 2 & a 4 and on and on

Not crazy. But If we pick up the option on TT and trade him for a 2 how would TT's cap hit affect us?

In the end if you think someone would give you a 2nd round pick for TT then maybe reasses why it is your trading a 27yr old QB entering his prime to begin with?

A team wont trade you anything for Taylor now bc they know hes a FA if we dont pick up the option. We have zero leverage.

Why? Because LaConjecture said so?