Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More agent leaks. ANY team looking to upgrade the position will have an interest in Romo. Glad we are looking to upgrade but it's too bad that TT has to hear this kind of noise just because an agent wants to start playing the leverage game in the media.

Romo's agent or TT's?

Driving up Romo demand may get the Bills to stick with TT.

Edited by FireChan

Romo's agent or TT's?

Driving up Romo demand may get the Bills to stick with TT.

If the Bills really wanted to part ways with Tyrod they probably would have done it already. No reason to keep him hanging on. Can't trade a guy who isn't under contract for next year. Coaches must want him. Probably holding out in case something crazy comes available.

More agent leaks. ANY team looking to upgrade the position will have an interest in Romo. Glad we are looking to upgrade but it's too bad that TT has to hear this kind of noise just because an agent wants to start playing the leverage game in the media.

Hypothetical -

Trade a 3 for romo

Trade tyrod for a 2

Have a higher pick, lower cap hit and less dead money for any future cuts if you find a guy in the near term

Use a high pick (and maybe some of that value gained via trade) to get a rookie of your choosing to replace romo asap

Crazy?

Almost always the agents.

Absolutely. Trying to drive up the market. I have no doubt Whaley made a call. I don't know if that means they are going to go all out to get him.

If the Bills really wanted to part ways with Tyrod they probably would have done it already. No reason to keep him hanging on. Can't trade a guy who isn't under contract for next year. Coaches must want him. Probably holding out in case something crazy comes available.

Well no, you wait till the league year starts just to see what you can get for Taylor if you are indeed moving on.

Hypothetical -

Trade a 3 for romo

Trade tyrod for a 2

Have a higher pick, lower cap hit and less dead money for any future cuts if you find a guy in the near term

Use a high pick (and maybe some of that value gained via trade) to get a rookie of your choosing to replace romo asap

Crazy?

Not crazy. But If we pick up the option on TT and trade him for a 2 how would TT's cap hit affect us?

In the end if you think someone would give you a 2nd round pick for TT then maybe reasses why it is your trading a 27yr old QB entering his prime to begin with?

Absolutely. Trying to drive up the market. I have no doubt Whaley made a call. I don't know if that means they are going to go all out to get him.

Well no, you wait till the league year starts just to see what you can get for Taylor if you are indeed moving on.

A team wont trade you anything for Taylor now bc they know hes a FA if we dont pick up the option. We have zero leverage.

Not crazy. But If we pick up the option on TT and trade him for a 2 how would TT's cap hit affect us?

In the end if you think someone would give you a 2nd round pick for TT then maybe reasses why it is your trading a 27yr old QB entering his prime to begin with?

A team wont trade you anything for Taylor now bc they know hes a FA if we dont pick up the option. We have zero leverage.

You do it before the option is picked up so that acts as the new team handing him a modest signing bonus/guaranteed dollars for the start of this contract. Getting your guy locked in without competition ala osweiler has value

As for the other half-- lots of qbs have moved for premium picks. Some have been worth it but many have not. Just because a team wants him by itself doesn't mean we are losing anything. It would be a bold move that could backfire... or it could get you a guy like romo as a 1 year bridge to a 1st rounder taking over instead of 2-3 years of TT. If he lasts the better part of the season before the rookie steps up you've done fine transitioning - if he lasts the whole season your likely in the playoffs

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bills have "significant interest" in Tony Romo.

Source: CBS Sports Feb 2 - 3:28 PM

It's my first post and I hope this was done right! Woo hoo.

Link: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/354126/report-bills-have-significant-romo-interest?ls=roto:DAL:topheadlines

Hell yeah, about time Whaley started reading my posts, now we will start winning, woohoo!!!

I don't know what to think. Romo is the only upgrade on the market IMO. He obviously has some health concerns but he has been a franchise QB for a while.

I also wish it came from ANYONE but La Conjecture. He has less insight into OBD than every single reporter.

coming from lala is a concern.

getting Hoyer as a backup would be ideal.

I will have to redo my sig if we sign him, first three picks all offense.

I see him as Bledsoe Part II. This is the type of bone headed move Rex would be for, therefore NO! :doh:

actually it is not, TT was Rex's bone head move. Romo would finally be a step in the right direction of fixing our QB draught and hopefully we draft a suitable replacement to groom behind him.

we can trade em TT, our starter for their backup sounds fair