Bills blow out remaining coaches

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little surprised Kathryn Smith wasn't retained considering she was Crossman's assistant and Crossman is still here. Maybe she didn't perform well.

Isn't is obvious? She wasn't qualified for the position. She was hired for the feel good story. Now that we have a new president, these small female feats just don't matter anymore.

Imo

I'm a little surprised Kathryn Smith wasn't retained considering she was Crossman's assistant and Crossman is still here. Maybe she didn't perform well.

I dumped a wife and two girlfriends for that very reason. Got one that's performing well now.

Edited by WotAGuy

I wish they had kept Sanjay Lal as WR coach. He did a solid job.

The Most overrated coach. Our receivers constantly and consistently dropped easy passes, especially Samantha, when he was actually playing and not injured.

Imo

Looks like the Strength & Conditioning guys along with Danny Crossman are the only ones to survive the post Rex era. Should save tons by not having the largest coaching staff in the league. No wonder no one had any idea what was going on.

You do not save money if they were on contract. If their contracts are not renewed that is a different issue.

good riddance to Lee, Palmer, and Thurman

You do not save money if they were on contract. If their contracts are not renewed that is a different issue.

Are the Bills still paying anyone from the Marrone days? We change so often it's possible we have coaches on the books from a few coaches ago... :sick:

Meanwhile...

"Bill Belichick said it took him 4 yrs to get his system in place. 11 other teams have had their coach in place that long. No wonder NFL had a down year."(Link)

Edited by DrDareustein

i wondered that as well, but she was one of Rex's folks that he brought from the Jets so maybe they wanted to just get rid of all of those people.

It does look like everyone from Rex's staff was dumped, baby with bath water.

Maybe that was source of some of the false leaks but most were probably in locker room attendants and sanitation;

an anonymous source told me La Conjecture's source was a towel boy.

S & C team still intact? These guys just don't learn. Injuries will be an issue again this year.

Imo

This. With the amount of soft tissue injuries you would imagine they might bring in a new crew for a look to lower the hammy and groin pulls. pause.

I wish they had kept Sanjay Lal as WR coach. He did a solid job.

His contract was over and he choose to go elsewhere; maybe Sammy should have bought him a Rolex.

:lol::lol::lol:

Dude that is so !@#$ed up! people just lost their jobs!!

but that picture makes me laugh!! o man. going to hell :doh:

When you are paid to not work it is not so bad.

Per Bills app:

The Buffalo Bills today announced that Bobby April, John Blake, Aaron Kromer, David Lee, DAnton Lynn, Tim McDonald, Pat Meyer, Chris Palmer, Ed Reed, Eric Smith, Kathryn Smith, Dennis Thurman, Jason Vrable and Jeff Weeks will not be part of the teams coaching staff for the 2017 season.

Hope they called a bus.

The Most overrated coach. Our receivers constantly and consistently dropped easy passes, especially Samantha, when he was actually playing and not injured.

Imo

I dunno about "most overrated", but watching the performance of WR in the playoffs vs our guys: I did not see the same fight to get both feet down in bounds, the same diving and jumping for passes, or the same fight to make that extra yard and get the first down.

I dunno about "most overrated", but watching the performance of WR in the playoffs vs our guys: I did not see the same fight to get both feet down in bounds, the same diving and jumping for passes, or the same fight to make that extra yard and get the first down.

Right IDK if thats on coaching or the talent of our WR talent but it wasnt good.

Isn't is obvious? She wasn't qualified for the position. She was hired for the feel good story. Now that we have a new president, these small female feats just don't matter anymore.

Imo

Imo

Leroi, feeling a bit salty yesterday?

Amazing, watching EPSN and on their bottom Crawler, one of their "big" stories. "Bills don't retain Kathryn Smith as coach" Nothing mentioned about the others, just her was let go according to the story. I get it, but still makes you shake your head!

Right... the QB coach - all the DB guys, dline guy.

No - they released their ST assistant!

Crossman and the ST unit did perform better in 2014 than the two years under Rex. Maybe Rex meddled in ST (choice of assistants etc) and Crossman would prefer working with other folks.

Right IDK if thats on coaching or the talent of our WR talent but it wasnt good.

IMO there's a large element of talent in getting off the line/getting open/getting position on the DB. But when a guy just doesn't seem to try to dive or try to jump, or when he catches the ball and could run and doesn't put his shoulder down and keep his legs churning, or doesn't stretch his toes back and down, I think that's coaching. It's guys who habitually don't do that in practice and aren't having it dinned into them "finish the play, that's your job, do your job".

Crossman and the ST unit did perform better in 2014 than the two years under Rex. Maybe Rex meddled in ST (choice of assistants etc) and Crossman would prefer working with other folks.

IMO there's a large element of talent in getting off the line/getting open/getting position on the DB. But when a guy just doesn't seem to try to dive or try to jump, or when he catches the ball and could run and doesn't put his shoulder down and keep his legs churning, or doesn't stretch his toes back and down, I think that's coaching. It's guys who habitually don't do that in practice and aren't having it dinned into them "finish the play, that's your job, do your job".

Our coaches drilled that into our thoughts in pee wee. "Practice dont make perfect, Perfect practice makes perfect"

Glad you point this out, but our WRs not fighting for balls/yards has been an issue that goes back a few coaching staffs. I dont know if it's just the atmosphere in that building that brings people down or what.

Edited by DrDareustein