LA Chargers!

KDIGGZ

Skipping town and heading north to Los Angeles as per Adam Schefter. Announcement expected tomorrow

Chargers are DOA. L.A. is a Raider town. If the Chargers happen to start winning immediately they will get some people to care for a time. Celebrities will show up to be seen, etc. but it won't last. The only team in L.A. immune from the apathy caused by losing is the Lakers. And outside of the Rams there are two NBA, MLB, NHL and soon to be MLS teams within a thirty mile radius as well as beaches and hiking trails and other entertainment. Good luck Spanos.

Edited by purple haze

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's known since he signed his extension.

I think he held out hope since he bought land in San Diego County just 6 months ago.

Only a 1.5-2 hour drive but still.

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-philip-rivers-rancho-santa-fe-20160617-snap-story.html

Edited by What a Tuel

I didn't say it was a good chance!

Then again, if the Raiders leave the Bills might be on TV a little more often here.

Naw. This is a Raider town. We'll still get a steady diet of the silver & black.

Kronke probably gave a huge "Whew" that it's the Chargers exercising the option, not the Raiders. They'd kill the Rams with their crowds. Maybe even literally. In any case, Vegas is an LA suburb. They'll draw "bigly" from LA.

I was really looking forward to flying down to SD to catch the Bills play next season. LA again?

they are going to be playing at stubhub center which only holds 27k until KronkeWorld is ready. At least they will sell out (maybe) Edited by YoloinOhio

Despite what the NFL may want, LA can't support 1 team, 2 will be a disaster.

The demographics do not support the NFL. They'd have more success with bull fighting, and MMA.

It's about TV and one of the largest markets in the country...Tickets sales won't mean much

So he moves the Chargers to a foreign land where they will play among strangers so his team can play for one dollar a year — seriously — in a $2.6 -billion stadium that Kroenke is building with no public money.

Could that be right ?

Terrible news for one of the greatest cities in the world.

Maybe. Has fantastic weather. I know lived out there

Sad that a deal couldn't get done. The Padres who are a joke of franchise have petco park in the city. The chargers should be down there. How many times have the Padres changed owners many times.

@TalesfromtheAFL

1960 #LAChargers game action. Note the empty stands. Will it be different this time? @SDUTKrasovic @sdutCanepa @clarkjudgeTOF #chargersNFL_Season_2016_SD.png

Balboa park right off the 5 freeway

C18ly2cVQAEWydy.jpg

they are going to be playing at stubhub center which only holds 27k until KronkeWorld is ready. At least they will sell out (maybe)

I just read that....ugh. That's gotta suck for them. They couldn't swing the Rose Bowl? Tickets will may be hard to come by and may be at a premium. On a positive note, they did want to move to Carson...now they'll be there.

Makes me smile knowing the owner of my team wasn't a jackass like that. He threatened to move to RI if the state of Massachusetts did not improve the Infrastructure around the Razor but he paid for the stadium 100% on his own. Sad that is rare amongs all these BILLIONAIRES.

The team only put one stadium measure on the ballot in the last 15 years and it was kind of hastily thrown together and destined to fail. I initially thought it made sense to tax the tourists and not the residents but it is also true that with those types of taxes it will end up impacting residents down the line. Spanos family is worth 2.4 billion and needed to pony up the cash. Qualcomm is the crappiest stadium in the league too, they've made no improvements. I've seen nicer HS football stadiums.

Makes me smile knowing the owner of my team wasn't a jackass like that. He threatened to move to RI if the state of Massachusetts did not improve the Infrastructure around the Razor but he paid for the stadium 100% on his own. Sad that is rare amongs all these BILLIONAIRES.

Yeah Kraft is a real gem. There is a special place in hell for Kraft when he finally meets his maker.

Maybe he was too drunk again and forgot. Or maybe he got too busy counting his wife's money. Or planning on getting the Bills moved out of Buffalo. Don't worry though, most of his plans have worked and the LA Chargers is his latest success.

How is this "stunning" news.

The death of the NFL in SD has been ongoing since at least the time Kroenke announced he was moving and the Chargers or the Raiders would be his tenants.

It's really been dying since the fat drunk owner of your team became one of the prime NFL power brokers.