New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

OK Cool then I come to work everyday and DO NOTHING. Think I am going to prep for your draft when you don't trust me enough to pick a coach

If Whaley does that, the Bills could fire HIM for breach of contract and he would get nothing, AND he would not be free to work for another team during the prescribed term of the contract. Not a good strategy.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I guess this is the concrete info that is appreciated. It's like a mystery novel and you're helping us sleuth. As many times as I've disagreed with your twitter- I always click your articles. Truth, without agenda, in the modern media is appreciated.

thanks.

i think. (i kid, i kid).

the reason i've resisted floating what i've been told this morning is whether there might be someone else entering the mix out of left field, perhaps.

sure, i can be accused of stirring things up unnecessarily, but i was confident at the time, things might be winding down. now, unsure.

and by saying, unsure, i'm not saying there is another candidate or not still out there.

i do stick with what my initial tweets were in being curious how this all plays out in regards to who is recommended and who is hired.

jw

If Whaley does that, the Bills could fire HIM for breach of contract and he would get nothing, AND he would not be free to work for another team during the prescribed term of the contract. Not a good strategy.

OK Fine

Go into work, and build the worst draft board ever. Better

But no one has the contract so we don't know

Edited by MAJBobby

thanks.

i think. (i kid, i kid).

the reason i've resisted floating what i've been told this morning is whether there might be someone else entering the mix out of left field, perhaps.

sure, i can be accused of stirring things up unnecessarily, but i was confident at the time, things might be winding down. now, unsure.

and by saying, unsure, i'm not saying there is another candidate or not still out there.

i do stick with what my initial tweets were in being curious how this all plays out in regards to who is recommended and who is hired.

jw

Would this be a high profile name? Does it rhyme with Rabo Winney?!? He's one guy that you wouldn't have spoken with yet....

Edited by Kirby Jackson

OOO yeah Supportive of a tank coach. that come up from the Minors little different don't you think.

Yeah Rumors.... Cant be that 1 or 2. Has to be Whaley PUSHING EJ to be starter.

You asked if Regier was given authority to hire a coach. I gave you an answer. You don't like the answer, so you deflect. BTW, Nolan was the tank coach, not Rolston. Rolston still had a semblance of NHL talent.

As for the other point, you seem to have a problem ignoring the operative "IF" statement.

So you'd rather have LaFintaine as GM them Murray? Thats crazy and Russ doesn't have schit to do with hockey operations (or football)

Considering the amount of stagnation that has existed, I think that layer of team president is sorely missing with both franchises. LaFontaine, publicly said a lot of extremely prudent/intelligent things on the state of the Sabres and his vision. I was behind him 100%.

Not sure about the full body of work as GM, but I would trust him with decisions... or at least the power of signing off.

His job certainly wasn't supposed to be 'find a GM' then sit there.

I think that this is the $20M question. I am trying to take an open mind in this coaching search. A lot of the names that I had hoped to see, I haven't seen. With that being said Doug Whaley knows 20,000,000,000 x more than me and I trust his judgment. I do not agree necessarily with what these rumors are indicating but I think that he understands the landscape of the league well. I know that the top people in Pittsburgh think the world of him. I trust him to identify a successful NFL HC more than anyone else in that building.

I get where the Pegulas are coming from too. They have a vision and an expectation of where this team will be next year. I'm not at all surprised at the rumors that they lean towards TT being back. He gives the Bills the best chance to win in 2017. At the end of the day, the owner makes the final decision on what happens. It is a little frustrating that the owners and the leader of their football operations department don't see eye-to-eye. Hopefully whatever they decide, regardless of how it sounds now, will be the right decision.

I'm not confident in Whaley because of his QBs, difficulty of working with the last two HCs and not interviewing any candidates that have HC experience.

So until we actually have a winning product on the field I will have my doubts.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

News flash his drafts are pretty good, better than most

I think his drafts are pretty good, but he takes more character/injury risks than I like. (But I actually think a GM needs some river boat gambler.) Whoever is on the Lynn, keeping TT side is not the one I prefer. Whatever the choice, I always hope for the best. Too old to change teams to root for.

Aside from the new development in the hiring 'process,' I think the issue Whaley is going to end up getting the boot for is his choice of words at the presser. No, it's not about being 'privy,' but saying - twice - that he thinks the Bills are close. If he has the Pegulas sold on that idea, then it could be Doug's last year at OBD.

You have a new coach to hire, a few key pieces about to test free agency, a possible retirement or two and a question mark at the most important position on the team...and you're close? This recipe seems more like 3-13 than 11-5.

Edited by HansLanda

If there's any validity in the specualtion that the Pegula's favor a different candidate from the one Whaley prefers, they just need to fire Whaley and be done with it. He's a snake and not to be trusted anyhow- get him out of here before he sets this franchise back another number of years. He wants a coach he can control, not the most qualified. This is after having undermined the last two- leaking dirt on them, etc..

Oh, Lord make it stop...

Aside from the new development in the hiring 'process,' I think the issue Whaley is going to end up getting the boot for is his choice of words at the presser. No, it's not about being 'privy,' but saying - twice - that he thinks the Bills are close. If he has the Pegulas sold on that idea, then it could be Doug's last year at OBD.

You have a new coach to hire, a few key pieces about to test free agency, a possible retirement or two and a question mark at the most important position on the team...and you're close? This recipe seems more like 3-13 than 11-5.

The Bills have been "all-in" for 3 seasons running. It may time to take a step back and build properly.

I'm not confident in Whaley because of his QBs, difficulty of working with the last two HCs and not interviewing any candidates that have HC experience.

So until we actually have a winning product on the field I will have my doubts.

I can only speak to Kevin Colbert and company. Whaley has built a pretty good roster and has excelled in the "bargain bin." They just can't seem to put everything together. It's like the offense and defense are on a seesaw. Over the last 2 years their DVOA rankings basically flip flopped. There is a problem on one side of the ball and it improves while the other side fails and vice versa.

I believe that the offense today is good enough to compete. They were 7th in points (through week 16) with Watkins missing half the year. They will need a new RT and #2 WR but think that can be done pretty easily. The defense is going to have some holes as they transition again. With that being said, I believe that the coaching on that side of the ball was incompetent. I think that they can get better by just getting rid of Rex and Rob. If they hit in the draft and Ragland is a player all of a sudden they've plugged a few holes. We will see though.

They lost their best CB by far. Players matter!

And they drafted three new CB's with a #2, #3, #5 and there was also free agency. Josh Norman was let go because the team thought of him as a system CB and he wouldn't do as well in Washington. Losing one player shouldn't drop the team that far, JMO.

The Panthers were 29th in passing yards allowed and 26th in overall points allowed, 21st in overall yards allowed. Every other HC candidate had their area of the team in the top ten or better.

Considering the amount of stagnation that has existed, I think that layer of team president is sorely missing with both franchises. LaFontaine, publicly said a lot of extremely prudent/intelligent things on the state of the Sabres and his vision. I was behind him 100%.

Not sure about the full body of work as GM, but I would trust him with decisions... or at least the power of signing off.

His job certainly wasn't supposed to be 'find a GM' then sit there.

Then what is the president and GM supposed to do?