New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

Why does anyone really think that Pegula will go against Whaley?

All you have to do is look at his history with the Sabres. GMTM recommended the coaches, Pegula hired said coach (granted the second option on the list, but that is because the first option screwed them over and went to Toronto)

Because "oh boy..."

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All is not so rosy in Sabreland. Go on StubHub and look at the secondary market prices. Some games in the low teens. Season ticket holders are taking a beating in a year they were supposed to be improving.

that's like a 1300% improvement from what tickets to the last 2 Bills games were going for....

If I am wawrow I tweet "holy cow that came out fast."

An hour later tweet it was a fart.

Or

"Wow I never expected this..."

"Macguyver rerun, he broke out of the prison cell with dental floss and an orange peel."

Edited by Boyst62

Because "oh boy..."

So he likes McDermott or whoever. I am sure there were coaches other than Bylsma he liked in Hockey (something he knows ALOT more about), but still sided with his GM and hired Bylsma after Babcock pulled the ole on them

Thanks, good sir.

jw

John, What's the latest exotic beer you are infatuated with?

While idling around waiting for a morsel of news from OBD do you sometimes sneak out to your car and drink some of your fine stash? I've noticed that some of your recent postings are not as sober as they usually are. Do you share any of your good stuff with your colleagues? :D

Why would everyone be surprised Pegula is stepping over Whaley? Whaley said it himself, "I am leading the search, the Pegula's have the final say."

He's likely frustrated that they have the guy they want to hire without him completing the search. IMO

If I am wawrow I tweet "holy cow that came out fast."

An hour later tweet it was a fart.

Or

"Wow I never expected this..."

"Macguyver rerun, he broke out of the prison cell with dental floss and an orange peel."

these things take time, is all I'm saying.

people want answers now.

there aren't any.

that doesn't prevent me from saying things are afoot and/or fluid, or outline the landscape.

jw

Why would everyone be surprised Pegula is stepping over Whaley? Whaley said it himself, "I am leading the search, the Pegula's have the final say."

He's likely frustrated that they have the guy they want to hire without him completing the search. IMO

I would be surprised because their history says otherwise

Because that's what a few reports are insinuating.

Again their history shows otherwise.

But people are connecting the dots based off the underlying TBN article, an organization that has no access anymore.

Now the AP does, so is it so hard to imagine that yes the Pegulas have a guy that they like, but will still side with the GM.

You think there want any other Coach that they liked and GMTM didn't with the Sabres.

Pegulas are not an unknown just look to the Hockey team and you can see their history.

That even goes down to how many ***** they care about season ending pressers that TBN needs so much because they have no access

Edited by MAJBobby

John, as long as you are out searching for answers there's something that has been bothering me for years that hopefully you can get to the bottom of? Rocky IV ends with Rocky in the ring talking about how "if you can change and I can change, EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE." His son was watching the fight and was roughly 5 years-old. Rocky V begins after the fight in Russia with Rocky in the shower. He returns to the US and his son is a teenager!! How did this happen?!?

Haha. In my Rocky universe there is no Rocky V. Better that way.

I would be surprised because their history says otherwise

Because that's what a few reports are insinuating.

Is the above sarcasm? If not, they did it with Rex Ryan. Granted, Brandon was the mouth piece for the hiring.....but they listened.

BTW what if the issue is that Lynn has decided against staying here, HC or not?

That gets confused with "Pegula wants ___________ Whaley wants ______________"

The list of people privy to those discussions is pretty short, so whoever is leaking the info is someone high up in the organization.

Again their history shows otherwise.

But people are connecting the dots based off the underlying TBN article, an organization that has no access anymore.

Now the AP does, so is it so hard to imagine that yes the Pegulas have a guy that they like, but will still side with the GM.

You think there want any other Coach that they liked and GMTM didn't with the Sabres.

Pegulas are not an unknown just look to the Hockey team and you can see their history

Which history of the Sabres is that?

If anything, Pegulas are not afraid to quickly part ways with people they don't believe are furthering their franchise or the OneBuffalo image, despite what the contract says, when that contract was signed, or how long is left on that contract.

Is the above sarcasm? If not, they did it with Rex Ryan. Granted, Brandon was the mouth piece for the hiring.....but they listened.

They didn't really overrule the GM, They were left in a lurch when the coach quit. went to the guy they trusted and took his recommendation over a guy they didn't know yet seeing they just bought the team

Which history of the Sabres is that?

If anything, Pegulas are not afraid to quickly part ways with people they don't believe are furthering their franchise or the OneBuffalo image, despite what the contract says, when that contract was signed, or how long is left on that contract.

Yup and they can go from crying over your very presence to parting ways with you in an ugly fashion just months later. (Pat L)

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/3/1/5460758/buffalo-sabres-president-pat-lafontaine-resigns-tim-murray-ryan-miller

Anything sound familiar?

Front office dysfunction. Two totally different visions. Tank vs. contend.

Now, Pat L is notoriously a jerk to work with, but still. That's an abrupt change hiring a new team president who is gone months later.

Point being that Whaley is safe. Until he's not. which could be 10 years from now or tomorrow. Terry and Kim are unpredictable.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I don't post on Sabres Forums, because I only recently got back into Hockey but are Sabres fans always searching for some conspiracy and conflict as well?

I don't post on Sabres Forums, because I only recently got back into Hockey but are Sabres fans always searching for some conspiracy and conflict as well?

Not that I've seen. Maybe I'd better look around for the "icy knoll theory"