New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

I hate this crap, because every time the Bills start a HC search I have no preference and no idea who the candidates are...and then, rather than ignoring everything and waiting for the process to finish I become enamored with a candidate and am then disappointed in who they hire -- even though I have no real reason to be.

The choice to continue being a Bills fan is a complicated, perplexing decision.

I feel the same way...

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the very least it's encouraging we don't have a "don't let him get out of the building" mentality. Impulse shopping is rarely a good idea. I imagine Russ would have been a great used car salesman "I understand the pinto doesn't have a working engine and there's a rusty spring popping out in the middle of the driver's seat, but trust me when I say this is a highly desirable car and I have 3 people coming in this afternoon to look at it. If wouldn't walk out of the building without paying cash."

n

So can I speculate for a moment:

No interviews scheduled, day off tomorrow , debate going on.

Either Whaley of Pegs like a guy still in the playoffs-

Kris Richard perhaps?

That's my guess. Either there is someone they like in the playoffs, and they are waiting to see if they can get a bite at the apple

OR

They really like one of the two DC's (Kris Richard or McDermott) but they also like Lynn. Lynn's problem is that, even if Bradley were to come here, I don't think he is a good fit for our defense. If no one wants Lynn as HC, he is under contract still for us. Out of the 6 teams that had HC vacancies, Jax has already filled theirs and Denver is going to get the cream of the crop so they could wait it out and see the dominoes fall.

The Pinto is not for sale and Kenny drives it to Hammers ea h home game.

At the very least it's encouraging we don't have a "don't let him get out of the building" mentality. Impulse shopping is rarely a good idea. I imagine Russ would have been a great used car salesman "I understand the pinto doesn't have a working engine and there's a rusty spring popping out in the middle of the driver's seat, but trust me when I say this is a highly desirable car and I have 3 people coming in this afternoon to look at it. If wouldn't walk out of the building without paying cash."

n

That's my guess. Either there is someone they like in the playoffs, and they are waiting to see if they can get a bite at the apple

OR

They really like one of the two DC's (Kris Richard or McDermott) but they also like Lynn. Lynn's problem is that, even if Bradley were to come here, I don't think he is a good fit for our defense. If no one wants Lynn as HC, he is under contract still for us. Out of the 6 teams that had HC vacancies, Jax has already filled theirs and Denver is going to get the cream of the crop so they could wait it out and see the dominoes fall.

I'd love Richard HC Lynn OC Bradley DC.

i agree but I just think that these guys have egos.

Sure. I totally agree with what you said. I just don't think that he is going to get the best opportunity, unless maybe Lynn gets a HC job. The next best thing would be to get a job where you already know and agree with the defense you're taking over, and it helps if they are not bereft of talent like most teams that have big openings do. So the Buff job, despite it's glaring downside - being the DC to the guy who used to be one of your proteges - might be the very best job for him not the worst.

Obviously Washington is a better spot.

Sure. I totally agree with what you said. I just don't think that he is going to get the best opportunity, unless maybe Lynn gets a HC job. The next best thing would be to get a job where you already know and agree with the defense you're taking over, and it helps if they are not bereft of talent like most teams that have big openings do. So the Buff job, despite it's glaring downside - being the DC to the guy who used to be one of your proteges - might be the very best job for him not the worst.

i hope he comes here because I would love those 3 coaches together. So much energy and the combination of winning culture (Richard), continuity on offense (Lynn) and successful DC experience (Bradley) might finally put us over the edge.

Yet I fully expect this won't happen because... you know.

Yes I'm a NNN but it's been a bad sports month for yolo

Edited by YoloinOhio

So we've interviewed 4 or 5 guys for Head Coach....that doesn't seem right. As a billionaire, Pegula (and Whaley) should be interviewing 20-30 guys. No stone unturned. At least show families that spend $3000-$6000 on season tix that you are doing due diligence. I understand there are no guarantees in life, but after 17 years, I would hope we would hit on one of these slugs....errrrr....I mean pieces of crap.....errrrrr....I mean a coach who can actually lead players and groom a franchise QB.

some thing's afoot, based on my round of calls this morning. but still no word on second interviews just yet.

need more.

jw

John,

You are the one person I enjoy reading and listening to about the Bills. Always professional, always on point, never injecting your own views and/or petty grievances like these jokesters at TBN that should be ashamed at themselves for acting like spoiled brats who aren't getting their way...

Is it any wonder you are the ones getting the interviews with the owner??

I'm really hoping they get Kris Richard...this dude is Mike Tomlin 2.0

Edited by matter2003