New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

i'm on board with this.

and gus bradley as DC

and george seifert as czar

and ford taurus the official shuttle of the buffalo bills.

edit. i am honestly thinking anthony lynn gets shut out this year at HC.

No George Seifert...no czar...let your GM do what he is supposed to do

And then it will become history with people quoting it as fact 2 and 3 years from now.

Oh you mean like the guy going around saying the Pegulas got rid of Marrone?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess? Whaley wants to give Lynn the nod and the Pegulas are being pragmatic and saying, "Lynn is under contract, let's hire McDermott and keep Lynn as OC and we get both guys that way." Whereas DW is saying, "Lynn deserves to get the promotion."

Just a hunch...,

I can't see Lynn staying here after he gets passed over.

They won't make him stay. He will ask for his release and get it. Similar to when Schwartz left.

Could be but maybe they don't think he's ready to make the jump yet. He may leave but can't give him the job just because it's his turn. He was only a one year OC. No great loss if he goes. The offense wasn't balanced anyway

He's a military type. I very much doubt he pulls a power play. Schwartz situation was way different with Rex being an opinionated defensive guy.

Exactly. Schwartz D and Rex philosophy were oil and water. Could be the same with McDermotts thoughts on offense , but he may just want to leave that side alone. If he goes it's just a bruised ego more than likely

They won't make him stay. He will ask for his release and get it. Similar to when Schwartz left.

That's possible, but Schwartz was released because Rex Ryan didn't want his services. If Lynn was unhappy and really wanted to go, I'm sure they would release him, but if they want his services and he's under contract, both sides have a motivation to try to work it out.

He's a military type. I very much doubt he pulls a power play. Schwartz situation was way different with Rex being an opinionated defensive guy.

I've heard others say "military" about Lynn, but what's his military connection, exactly? He went to college, played pro football, and started coaching, near's I can tell.

That's possible, but Schwartz was released because Rex Ryan didn't want his services. If Lynn was unhappy and really wanted to go, I'm sure they would release him, but if they want his services and he's under contract, both sides have a motivation to try to work it out.

I've heard others say "military" about Lynn, but what's his military connection, exactly? He went to college, played pro football, and started coaching, near's I can tell.

It's like a style or archetype more than a direct experience. He's like a disciplinarian but will take a buck stops here and do not throw a superior officer under a bus. His father may have been a military guy.

If they were to hire an offensive coach who is the de facto OC similar to the situation with Schwartz, I agree, but if Lynn has no HC options and the incoming HC is a defensive coach interested in maintaining some continuity, I presume he will be given the option of retaining the staff under contract. Lynn doesn't even have a full season as an OC, and there's no guarantee that other options, assuming they materialize, would be better.

i hope he comes here because I would love those 3 coaches together. So much energy and the combination of winning culture (Richard), continuity on offense (Lynn) and successful DC experience (Bradley) might finally put us over the edge.

Yet I fully expect this won't happen because... you know.

Yes I'm a NNN but it's been a bad sports month for yolo

In my view, this might be the best scenario going forward with Kris Richard (Seahawks DC) as HC, Anthony Lynn (Bills OC) as OC and Gus Bradley (Ex-Jags HC, Seahawk DC) as DC. Also keeping Tyrod Taylor at QB.

As far as Panthers DC Sean McDermott goes, to me this is like hiring another Rex Ryan as his defense had a very bad year in 2016 and has been up, then down every other year. The team loses one CB and drops to the top ten worst defenses in the league (29th in passing yards) This has red flags all over it. JMO

Question is can the Bills wait two weeks before interviewing the Patricia's and Haleys of the league.

That will limit OC candidates who will get picked up by hired HCs.

I'd bet money if they waited on Patricia, he would turn them down just like McDaniels did two years ago. Why would you leave New England for the muddied power structure in Buffalo AND have to face your mentor twice a year?

Well, that settles it. Why not Reich though?? This sucks.

So, if it was Frank, would we call him the 2nd Reich for it being his 2nd stint with the Bills or would he still be the 1st Reich? Definitely not the 3rd.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

Question is can the Bills wait two weeks before interviewing the Patricia's and Haleys of the league.

That will limit OC candidates who will get picked up by hired HCs.

Are Matt's and Todd's brothers also in the running?