Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

As a QB he had to know every play and where every player was supposed to be going on every play. So likely that makes Frank a good candidate for an OC at least. With that part down and a good ST and D Coordinator, he likely could grow into a decent HC. That doesn't mean he will, but he's got 1/3 of the team down.

The head coach will choose his OC and Reich isn't an option anyway because he's the OC of the Eagles.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The decision to sit TT was made the day after the Miami game, when RR was still HC. Lynn was absolutely NOT involved in that decision. Nor should he have been at that point.

When RR was fired and Lynn named IHC the day after that, he was informed of the decision, asked for his input and gave his "next man up" answer to his bosses.

So Lynn not being part of the initial decision to sit TT is absolutely true and Lynn spoke the truth.

Lynn being informed of and asked for input on the decision afterward is also absolutely true and Whaley also spoke the truth.

Timelines are important sometimes, folks.

Agreed

It is amazing how the negative types are so adaptable... 2 days ago it was "This is a fix Whaley wants Lynn this is so over" to "Whaley and Lynn don't get on so Whaley is gonna hire someone else this is so over."

We fans are so fickle! I remember when we didn't want Mike Shanahan to be our Head Coach because he would bring his loser son with him. Now we want a qualified Head Coach like Kyle Shanahan instead of a guy who's been a RB coach virtually all his career.

Good! Screw Anthony Lynn. If he is second guessing it, he's not meant to be a part of the Bills organization. Get a HC who actually likes the Bills and wants to win. More than that, get someone who KNOWS how to win.

I still don't get how A Lynn elicits such strong reactions as a coaching candidate when we all know so little about him. He hasn't been interviewed often. He's been a RB coach most of his career so it's hard to evaluate his coaching.

On the one hand, his resume is awfully thin for a HC candidate so I wouldn't be surprised if no team hired him to be a Head Coach this year.

On the other hand, we fans know virtually nothing about the man's character, judgment, work-ethic, organization abilities, interpersonal skills, knowledge of X's and O's, or leadership. He might be the next Vince Lombardi for all we know.

The Pegulas and Whaley know him far, far better than we do. Likewise, they have access to inside information on other candidates as well. They know which coaches have drinking problems, which coaches are detested by their peers, etc. They'll evaluate all that and - rightly or wrongly - make a decision different than ours with our different data sets.

I still don't get how A Lynn elicits such strong reactions as a coaching candidate when we all know so little about him. He hasn't been interviewed often. He's been a RB coach most of his career so it's hard to evaluate his coaching.

On the one hand, his resume is awfully thin for a HC candidate so I wouldn't be surprised if no team hired him to be a Head Coach this year.

On the other hand, we fans know virtually nothing about the man's character, judgment, work-ethic, organization abilities, interpersonal skills, knowledge of X's and O's, or leadership. He might be the next Vince Lombardi for all we know.

The Pegulas and Whaley know him far, far better than we do. Likewise, they have access to inside information on other candidates as well. They know which coaches have drinking problems, which coaches are detested by their peers, etc. They'll evaluate all that and - rightly or wrongly - make a decision different than ours with our different data sets.

Great Post!

It is amazing how the negative types are so adaptable... 2 days ago it was "This is a fix Whaley wants Lynn this is so over" to "Whaley and Lynn don't get on so Whaley is gonna hire someone else this is so over."

That's how it works. Did you know that Rex is a great head football coach now?

I must be the only person in the universe who thought that punting there was an acceptable strategy...

You know I never posted about that because everyone was so up in arms

From your own 41, with an opposing kicker that just hit a 55....................punt. I never even thought about going for it until I read it here. Still wouldn't have

1. I am a bit baffled why Lynn would be considered a hot head coach commodity given that he has only been a coordinator for part of this year and he has been associated with Rex during Rex's unproductive period.

2. Not playing TT was such an obvious and smart decision, I have trouble seeing why anyone had a problem with it. It clearly made business sense, and even from TT's standpoint he had a very good game against the Dolphins and the Jets game could only have hurt him unless he suffered a serious injury that would result in his failure to pass a physical.

3. There are only a relatively small number of really functional NFL franchises, the ones that consistently are in the playoffs. The remaining 24 or so all have various problems that keep them from competing at a high level on a consistent basis. The Bills clearly have issues, although certainly not at the level of the Browns, Rams, 49ers or Jaguars. Let the dust settle before declaring the Bills DOA for next season. Ryan wasn't going to lead them anywhere, so it's not like they gave up the playoffs next year by firing him.

From your own 41, with an opposing kicker that just hit a 55....................punt. I never even thought about going for it until I read it here. Still wouldn't have

What you fail to factor in is the fact that a tie was as bad as a loss. To win with punting away the ball with a little over 4 minutes remaining would have required (a) a good punt, (b) stopping the Dolphins with a 3 and out, © getting the ball back with I believe 1 time out in good field position, (d) advancing the ball into decent FG range, and (e) having Carpenter make the kick. I'd say the odds of making a 4th and 2 or 4th and 3 and accomplishing (d) and (e) was far far greater than accomplishing (a) through (e). Giving the Dolphins the ball back at the 41 was the least of the Bills' problems, again when you consider that a loss was no worse than a tie.

I wouldn't have in a normal situation, but with 4 min left, a D that can't stop anybody and a tie doing no good...you have to go for it, the season was on the line.

To me, the decision came down to which is more likely: the O picking up a 4th and 3 or the D forcing a 3 and out. Whichever you thought was more likely was the call to make. Given how both units had played in the game up until that point I would have much more faith in the O than the D. Given how the game had gone the last thing the Bills wanted there was for the Miami O to get another opportunity vs. the pathetic Bills' D.

But Rex has faith in his D, even if it isn't justified.

Who would want this job?

Everyone comes off as a bunch of incompetent bumbling idiots at OBD.

And fans still apologize for them.😂😂

most of these assistants have coached for any # of years to have a chance to be a head coach in the NFL. Theres only 5-7 openings per year, if a guy is offered an opportunity he's gonna take it. Ask Wade Phillips if he'd like to be a head coach again? ****, he'd take a DC job right now since Elway thinks he's king **** and let him go.

Yeah, I can understand why people question that call but I don't think it really turned up the heat on Rex's goose. I think the goose-cooker was the 10 men on field.