Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

has he been declined already for the Rams, 49ers and Jags? He's interviewing with three teams in addition to the Bills.

I don't see him having a ghost of a chance of getting any of those jobs. The one that made sense was Denver. SF is definitely not going to hire him if they're as set on doing a reboot as they claim. Same with LA. Call me crazy.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

has he been declined already for the Rams, 49ers and Jags? He's interviewing with three teams in addition to the Bills.so they will cancel the interview they have scheduled for Saturday with Harold Goodwin? Does Vic even pay attention?

When you hire a candidate, you generally do cancel interviews for the same position.

Not sure why everyone is ripping on Vic here. Once it became clear that Lynn wasn't going to get a chance elsewhere (the Broncos aren't interviewing him), the choice, if there is one, becomes a singular one. Lynn presumably didn't know that 3 days ago ...

Maybe because he is following up his comments based on unsourced garbage with more unsourced comments that take a 180. Might this make someone question his credibility? He is not a reporter anymore, just another twitter whore.

I don't see him having a ghost of a chance of getting any of those jobs. The one that made sense was Denver. SF is definitely not going to hire him if they're as set on doing a reboot as they claim. Same with LA. Call me crazy.

You're crazy. If he was never considered for the Denver job, meaning they didn't request a meeting, he and his agent would be the ones to actually know that.

Just to clarify things on behalf of Vic: all he said was that Lynn was a shoe-in, who didn't want the job and will now probably take it. I mean, if that definite-doubtful-probable timeline is not consistent I don't know what is. :D

No, he said he was having second thoughts. I had second thoughts before getting married (who doesn't?), but that didn't stop me in the end.

Well apparently neither did Carucci who tweeted ALynn had 5 interviews lined up and was having 2nd thoughts about the Bills. 24 hours later the story takes a 180.

Forget Whaley and the Bills FO, the real "dumpster fire" is local media as Vic is demonstrating. Embarrassing.

It was reported today that Denver isn't interviewing him.

But he would know that, Dave. Well before the report. It's likely that his agent, Jimmy Sexton, knew it all along by talking directly to Elway. So how would Lynn have second thoughts after learning the Broncos have no interest in him, he always knew in all likelihood.

But he would know that, Dave. Well before the report. It's likely that his agent, Jimmy Sexton, knew it all along by talking directly to Elway. So how would Lynn have second thoughts after learning the Broncos have no interest in him, he always knew in all likelihood.

I didn't realize Sexton was his agent. Same agent who continuously drums up the fake "Doug Marrone is a hot HC candidate so you better hire him" narrative that we actually fell for. I'm actually more inclined to hope they take their time and interview everyone now.

Hard to say. I don't think that's a given at all. We're talking about 2-3 days here, which is hardly a long time.

Hard to say. I don't think that's a given at all. We're talking about 2-3 days here, which is hardly a long time.

Chances are great that Sexton was the source to drum up the narrative that Lynn was wanted badly in Denver to increase the urgency of other teams to interview and/or make him an offer. It doesn't take a guy like Elway until yesterday to decide if he is going to interview Lynn.

Chances are great that Sexton was the source to drum up the narrative that Lynn was wanted badly in Denver to increase the urgency of other teams to interview and/or make him an offer. It doesn't take a guy like Elway until yesterday to decide if he is going to interview Lynn.

Again, we're really talking about a couple of days. The season ended on Sunday, and this story was out there at the crack of down EST today. Which means it came down yesterday. They're gonna take a day or so to decide on a list after the season ends. They may also have taken some time to evaluate the Bills on Sunday too. Neither you nor I know, and neither of us should speak with authority on the matter.

Edited by dave mcbride