Do you trust the Pegulas to make the right decision?

Santana

Well Rex is fired, I didn't want to stay stuck on that. However, I am finding the aftershock of the firing to be more worrisome. The Pegula's are evidently keeping Whaley as the GM and now the Bills are going to start EJ Manuel on Sunday vs the Jets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is totally a Whaley move. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but starting EJ after seeing him fail for 3 years just makes no sense whatsoever.

Well Rex is fired, I didn't want to stay stuck on that. However, I am finding the aftershock of the firing to be more worrisome. The Pegula's are evidently keeping Whaley as the GM and now the Bills are going to start EJ Manuel on Sunday vs the Jets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is totally a Whaley move. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but starting EJ after seeing him fail for 3 years just makes no sense whatsoever.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out it is the right move for the team future flexibility to start EJ.

Your Whaley hate is strong though

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out it is the right move for the team future flexibility to start EJ.

I don't hate Whaley, never said or implied that. I just said that the move seemed like a Whaley move.

Tyrod has an injury clause in his contract. If he gets hurt playing the game we owe him 31 million I believe.

Ohhh ok ok, that makes perfect sense. Thank you!!

Not as long as they keep Whaley. He is a desperate man and he will do desperate things to try and keep his job. He thinks he has assembled some great team and it's the coches fault that we suck. This could not be further from the truth and we are in trouble because of it

They don't want to risk Tyrod getting injured and being on the hook for an extension; since the new coach might not want his QB to be Tyrod. It's a business decision. EJs' ship sailed a long time ago. They aren't starting him because he's the future. Stay calm.

Not as long as they keep Whaley. He is a desperate man and he will do desperate things to try and keep his job. He thinks he has assembled some great team and it's the coches fault that we suck. This could not be further from the truth and we are in trouble because of it

They have enough talent on this team to be in the playoffs. This narrative that they have a bad roster in nonsense. Folks act like they have been 2-14 for the past few seasons. Remember the 84-85 Bills? That team had little talent. Remember Keith Ellison being the Bills best LB? Those teams had little talent. This team has talent.

It's like win-win for Tyrod. He's benched after throwing for 300 and 3TDs. Either sticks with a new HC (and gets paid), or goes somewhere else, and probably still gets paid (probably less, but probably still a pretty decent chunk of change).

Edited by dneveu

They have enough talent on this team to be in the playoffs. This narrative that they have a bad roster in nonsense. Folks act like they have been 2-14 for the past few seasons. Remember the 84-85 Bills? That team had little talent. Remember Keith Ellison being the Bills best LB? Those teams had little talent. This team has talent.

Wow Keith Ellison lmao, definitely remember him.

It's pretty clear they are in over their heads. Anyone would be, new to sports ownership and owning two teams in different sports, and at the top level (not even including the Amerks). Plus trying to pretty much single handedly revive the city of Buffalo.

The Ryan hiring, with that contract in particular, was far more concerning to me than the firing. We'll see how they do as owners as time goes on.

makes sense if you're trying to lose the game...

Sounds like Whaley is running the HC search, so I'm willing to give him a try. Guessing this will be his last chance to get it right

Instead of Whaley the Pegulas should let the media choose the next coach. They won't be so quick to throw him under the bus because it would mean admitting they made a mistake, and you know that would never happen. Hopefully we can get a coach who wants to run a 4-3 defense so they can revamp the roster again. Gee I Just don't understand why the Bills are constantly rebuilding!

Absolutely not. If people get over their cult of Pegula worship for NOT moving the team, their history with both the Sabres and the Bills so far has been horrible. Forget faith, hope and promises. Speaking the right words and making those bright promises may sound great, but the reality tells a different story.Their black and white record speaks sadly for itself.

Let Whaley make the call, giving him enough rope to make a decision. He got some benefit of the doubt with EJ (due to Nix) and Rex (due to Pegulas). I hope he makes the right call on a coach. I like him and thinks he's done a good job on the roster. This should be his shot to get his guy. If he blows it, then he's officially accountable, as it should be.

On the one hand, the Pegulas are infinitely better informed and resourced than the Monday Morning Quarterbacks who rant here on TBD. They're probably spending a lot of time and money doing their due diligence. I imagine they have a number of smart football guys as official and unofficial advisers.

On the other hand, they're football neophytes with an unproven track record.

So the answer is that I don't trust them. But I trust the BN writers and commentators here even less.

On the one hand, the Pegulas are infinitely better informed and resourced than the Monday Morning Quarterbacks who rant here on TBD. They're probably spending a lot of time and money doing their due diligence. I imagine they have a number of smart football guys as official and unofficial advisers.

On the other hand, they're football neophytes with an unproven track record.

So the answer is that I don't trust them. But I trust the BN writers and commentators here even less.

The Pegulas hired Rex when many TBDers saw that as a terrible move. Not sure I'd give them the "very informed" label.

Yep, that's why they're firing RR, must have had that same expert advice 2 years ago. S/ Lol

I'm constantly amazed at how many football fans think that football coaching/analyzing is akin to brain surgery or rocket science, and the "average Joe" would have no clue what to do.

Sure, not everybody is going to be very well-versed in schemes, Xs & Os, and the like, but for those of us who have been closely watching for decades, it ain't brain surgery. IMO, there are posters here in this forum who certainly know as much as the idiot Rex. I learned years & years ago that the "most qualified" person for the job often does not get said job.

And if you suffer through watching any of the myriad pre-game shows, with their "expert" analysts, you know exactly what I'm talking about, re "they're smarter than us because they played (or coached) the game."