What time does Rex get fired today?

Go Bills!!!

The bottle of bubbly that I bought for the Mets beating the Giants in the one game playoff is still sitting in my fridge.

When this ass hat gets canned, I will celebrate with said bubbly.

My GOD, I cannot wait.

The bottle of bubbly that I bought for the Mets beating the Giants in the one game playoff is still sitting in my fridge.

When this ass hat gets canned, I will celebrate with said bubbly.

My GOD, I cannot wait.

I can't see him fired in mid season... so you will likely wait until January to pop said cork.

And then, if we win our final 3 games...

and we finish 9-7...

I think he stays. *quickly ducks*

I can't see him fired in mid season... so you will likely wait until January to pop said cork.

And then, if we win our final 3 games...

and we finish 9-7...

Mid-Season? The fat lady is singing!!!!

I think he stays. *quickly ducks*

Not getting fired today. Anything La canfora tweets, take with a grain of salt. He is the worst insider and generally he is barely ever right

It's not just him reporting this! I heard it before the CBS Pre-Game show. And, my Magic 8-Ball says 'Most Definitely' to Rex and his Caveman Brother getting canned today! That thing is never wrong!!!!

If the Pegula's are done with Rex then today is as good a day as any to fire him. The playoffs are out of reach and the team just embarrassed at home, it also turns out that TT has an injury clause that would guarantee him for 17'. That means a backup QB needs to play and you can move on from Rex today without wondering what the next three games bring.

If today is not the day, they are firing more people than just Rex, or we have another year of all the same clowns.

I don't see any real benefit to firing Rex today or before the end of the season.

However, we have a perception problem around the league and stuff like Monday morning HC firings with weeks left in the season only fuels that.

I.E., fire his fat ass on the Monday after the season, along with Whaley and Brandon and Cindy the payroll clerk too, announce publicly that Tyrod's K will not be renewed, and start from ground zero up.

I don't see any real benefit to firing Rex today or before the end of the season.

However, we have a perception problem around the league and stuff like Monday morning HC firings with weeks left in the season only fuels that.

I.E., fire his fat ass on the Monday after the season, along with Whaley and Brandon and Cindy the payroll clerk too, announce publicly that Tyrod's K will not be renewed, and start from ground zero up.

All for it, but they shouldn't announce anything about TT. Let the new GM make the football decisions, the Pegula's need to be less involved and if they plan on attracting a legitimate GM they need to show they are willing to do that.

i think that is just Rex's own regular weekly press conference

Likely, and then don't forget he does his spot with Schopp and the Bulldog at like 5:00pm too.

That could be somewhat more interesting than normal, assuming he still has a job then.

the only benefit would be for the FO/owners to see A Lynne in action as the interim if they are seriously considering him for HC.

before they fire Cindy we need to see a pic

All for it, but they shouldn't announce anything about TT. Let the new GM make the football decisions, the Pegula's need to be less involved and if they plan on attracting a legitimate GM they need to show they are willing to do that.

Point well taken but I like the symmetry and simple perfection of stripping it clean.

We are not talking about a good washing here. I want this thing media blasted right down to the bare metal.

Three years left on his guaranteed contract makes it a stupid useless gesture to fire Ryan now IMO. It also make the Pegulas, Whaley, and whoever else was involved in the decision to hire Ryan with that asinine contract look even more stupid than they do already. So I do not see him being fired, or being neutered into benching Taylor this season. If the Bills win out, and they could with Tanny out, to get to 9-7 then it is likely that he remains the coach next season as well (blame the contract).

Edited by CodeMonkey

the only benefit would be for the FO/owners to see A Lynne in action as the interim if they are seriously considering him for HC.

True enough, but I am proceeding on the assumption (perhaps unfairly) that Lynne would not be a serious consideration for permanent HC, so the benefit is negated.

But you're right; we don't know what's going on and we are not going to know until it happens.

Perhaps Whaley will be retained, Rex fired, and everyone involved loves the idea of Lynne being the new HC.

Then the 3 week on the job training program as HC could make a lot of sense.

I hope that is not the plan.

They won't make the move until the season ends. There is not a lot to gain by going down the whole interim coach route.

Hopefully the Pegulas go get us a real coach that knows how to build a program. We need someone like a Marty Schottenheimer or Andy Reid that can come in build a disciplined team.

The culture of this organization needs to change and we need someone has done that. And I'm not talking about the kind of culture change that seems to follow the Ryan brothers around. Can you imagine how different yesterday would have been with the 2014? Still makes me mad.

Point well taken but I like the symmetry and simple perfection of stripping it clean.

We are not talking about a good washing here. I want this thing media blasted right down to the bare metal.

The bare metal should be melted down and re-cast; just to make sure any impurities are extracted as well...

The bare metal should be melted down and re-cast; just to make sure any impurities are extracted as well...

And I want those re-casts to be x-rayed for any microscopic internal imperfections as well!

If they don't pass, melt them down and re-cast again!

We're going to need a new foundry. Is there anything left at Bethlehem Steel or did it all go up in that fire?

:w00t:

Actually you know what? It's not Cindys fault now that I really think about it. Russ can go though.

Just to clarify, and this comes from an ADP alum, and i have a wife that has been at ADP for 25 years.....Jay can prolly confirm this as well

It is always Betty in payroll, not Cindy.

Think Cindy in the picture above is in suite sales!

Most coaches will not talk to a team about an opening with a coach in place. If they fire Rex any potential candidate not currently in the league would discuss the job, so in theory they would get a head start over the other teams that will fire their coaches. I am in a strange place right now. I have no opinion on the subject because I don't really care. I usually go through the normal Bills' fans roller coaster of emotions, with the current situation normally causing me anger.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

Just to clarify, and this comes from an ADP alum, and i have a wife that has been at ADP for 25 years.....Jay can prolly confirm this as well

It is always Betty in payroll, not Cindy.

Think Cindy in the picture above is in suite sales!

Just to clarify, and in the wake of the provided photograph, Cindy will be spared.

Betty the payroll clerk will be sacrificed.

Edited by Fadingpain

I have a feeling we are all going to be disappointed today.

Rex probably does his press conference. Says we didn't play very well and need to do a better, and Tyrod did't play that bad, and the defense is better than last year, and we are going to win the last 3 games.

Then we of course go 9-7 and Rex argues he deserves to be back because of the steady improvement.