RIP Joe McKnight

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we would just make it harder to get a gun legally this would stop.

I don't want to make this a political thing so hopefully no one takes it that way. It's definitely different in the south. I work in a white collar job with 24 men that hold the same title and 3 women. Of the men, there are only 2 of us that don't own guns. The are primarily used to hunt but a bunch keep handguns in their cars. I feel like that is a significantly higher portion than when I lived in Buffalo.

I don't want to make this a political thing so hopefully no one takes it that way. It's definitely different in the south. I work in a white collar job with 24 men that hold the same title and 3 women. Of the men, there are only 2 of us that don't own guns. The are primarily used to hunt but a bunch keep handguns in their cars. I feel like that is a significantly higher portion than when I lived in Buffalo.

people have historically realized how much it tales and what they some times must do to defend their freedom.

It is very different in the south. My wife was taught to shoot squirrels off the back porch with a .22 at a very young age by her grandfather. I don't think I ever saw a gun (that wasn't on a cop) until I was an adult.

When I heard it today it just shocked me, I don't why it has to such a great degree but it has. Very disturbing and I can't get it off my mind. To make matters worse my youngest lives in Baton Rouge and works for UPS. Here''s the kicker, he doesn't drive routes as much as he used to but he still does. The thing with him is he has anger issues at times and I'm always worried about this type of situation happening with him.

Anyways I'm really sorry hearing about all of this, such a young life. What really upsets me is the little that I read Joe was apologizing when the assailant started shooting. It just breaks my heart. RIP Joe

Road rage killings are insane. Probably the best example of our society breaking down (I don't believe it is breaking down just saying that would be Exhibit A for the case that it is).

​Get out of your car with your loaded weapon (that you just so happen to have on you b/c, you know, you're driving around), and kill somone you've never met before, over nothing, in a matter of seconds/minutes.

Pretty sad and discouraging.

oh well shet happens all the time. stay heavily armed and at the ready.

file the pins and keep the head on a a swivel. full auto all the time. with tumblers every 10th to rip the back side out

There.

Have i ruined the moment of " Rest in Piece Joe?"

just sad a life has to end too soon.

Edited by 3rdand12

Road rage killings are insane. Probably the best example of our society breaking down (I don't believe it is breaking down just saying that would be Exhibit A for the case that it is).

​Get out of your car with your loaded weapon (that you just so happen to have on you b/c, you know, you're driving around), and kill somone you've never met before, over nothing, in a matter of seconds/minutes.

Well put.

Just senseless.

This is just utterly heartbreaking. Never heard of anyone with a bad word to say about Joe. The press loved him in NY, sounded like every guy he played with adored him too. Just such a tragic and pointless way to see a life lost.

Those 2011 & 2012 seasons with him doing kick returns for the Jets, he was probably one of the most entertaining players to watch at that time. Rest in peace, Joe. Thanks for the memories and for being a gentleman.

you need a reason to carry a gun? I guess the founding fathers disagree with you... though, its clear you know more.

We don't know the whole story here. Maybe McKnight was aggressive and attacking the man? Maybe we will learn it was a lot like the Will Smith situation and almost every other time a story breaks - the first reports are often the most inaccurate.

But to say that carrying a gun has no reasonability is ridiculous. Everyone should carry.

It is very different in the south. My wife was taught to shoot squirrels off the back porch with a .22 at a very young age by her grandfather. I don't think I ever saw a gun (that wasn't on a cop) until I was an adult.

this maks me appreciate the south even more. How very patriotic of us down here!

R.I.P. Stupid people do stupid things and other's families are the ones that suffer.

it was stupid for him or anyone to begin a confrontation with someone he didn't know. This is why dick slinging contests are away so stupid. And I still get in them. And I'm lucky ive not Ben shot yet

This is what scares me. it's to the point where people have to live in fear of even honking their horn at someone without being followed and then being beaten or killed.

this maks me appreciate the south even more. How very patriotic of us down here!

it was stupid for him or anyone to begin a confrontation with someone he didn't know. This is why dick slinging contests are away so stupid. And I still get in them. And I'm lucky ive not Ben shot yet

He may have began a confrontation, but not every confrontation should go to guns. McKnight didn't deserve to die because some immature a-hole can't let **** slide.

you need a reason to carry a gun? I guess the founding fathers disagree with you... though, its clear you know more.

We don't know the whole story here. Maybe McKnight was aggressive and attacking the man? Maybe we will learn it was a lot like the Will Smith situation and almost every other time a story breaks - the first reports are often the most inaccurate.

But to say that carrying a gun has no reasonability is ridiculous. Everyone should carry.

Pretty sure the founding fathers clearly defined the reason for having guns ... 240 years ago.

I would trust and hope that (especially if the eyewitness account is correct), everyone agrees that Joe did not deserve to be killed (actually he was executed) over this incident.

Whatever your thoughts are on the Second Amendment, the Founders did not intend to create a Constiutional right to execute a man apologizing and begging for his life in the aftermath of a traffic incident.

Edited by Peter

I would trust and hope that (especially if the eyewitness account is correct), everyone agrees that Joe did not deserve to be killed (actually he was executed) over this incident.

Whatever your thoughts are on the Second Amendment, the Founders did not intend to create a Constiutional right to execute a man apologizing and begging for his life in the aftermath of a traffic incident.

That was the hardest part to hear, he apologized for whatever caused the issue. Yet, a "gentle giant" with a gun felt that wasn't enough.

I lived in Orlando and worked in Sanford during the George Zimmerman trial, now I live in Gretna, La (NOSaints and a few others know, Terrytown and Gretna are the same town) the post election tension prior to this situation in New Orleans is much worse than it was in Sanford/Orlando 5 years ago. I fear that this will be a similar case, Gasser, 54 year old from Kenner, afraid for his life (ex football player) uses his gun in self defense. I hope I am wrong. I hope that he doesn't even try that defense, but his staying on the scene makes me think that he believes he is innocent.

I am afraid that this great city would explode if we have a Zimmerman type trial.

Edited by frogger

That was the hardest part to hear, he apologized for whatever caused the issue. Yet, a "gentle giant" with a gun felt that wasn't enough.

I lived in Orlando and worked in Sanford during the George Zimmerman trial, now I live in Gretna, La (NOSaints and a few others know, Terrytown and Gretna are the same town) the post election tension prior to this situation in New Orleans is much worse than it was in Sanford/Orlando 5 years ago. I fear that this will be a similar case, Gasser, 54 year old from Kenner, afraid for his life (ex football player) uses his gun in self defense. I hope I am wrong. I hope that he doesn't even try that defense, but his staying on the scene makes me think that he believes he is innocent.

I am afraid that this great city would explode if we have a Zimmerman type trial.

No way, it was an execution

He may have began a confrontation, but not every confrontation should go to guns. McKnight didn't deserve to die because some immature a-hole can't let **** slide.

so let this be a lesson. Don't run your mouth and be a dick when you never know what you're up against. Avoid confrontation and realize there is always going to be some immature !@#$ in this world