and your next head coach is.......

BILLS55

The GM nerfed that roster and ate a ton of dead money in the last 2 year's of Rex's tenure there. It was needed since that team was old, and overpaid, and not very talented. He got fired, but he totally set up the new coach/GM for success when you have a ton of money to use to fill some of the holes.

2015 offseason saw them bring in Marshall via trade, Revis, Cro, skrine, gilchrist, and carpenter. Thats a massive secondary upgrade, as well as bringing in a solid guard, and a #1 receiver (who's not without his issues, but he's still solid).

The Bills were an "up and coming" team who just won 9 games and added a lot of "talent". They are going backwards.

I am all for continuity, but the house is rotted and the foundation is cracked. It doesnt mean we need to live there hoping it magically gets better. I do not want to see Rex fired and swapped with a new coach. I would like to see more structural fixes.

Maybe they turn it around and look good getting close to .500. Then I could see giving it another shot. As of now though it is a tire fire.

Edited by May Day 10

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Reich. Not only is he a former Bill but his offense looked impressive last night. He also is apparently really good at bringing along young QBs which it appears we might have next year. I'm not sure if he interviewed for the job two years ago but he has the eagles offense looking really good...oh yeah and guess who the eagles DC is, Schwartz.

Thoughts?

There are already two threads on this. Many have already mentioned him.

I wonder what would have happened if Marone had stayed on with Schwartz? Couldn't have been much worse.

I wonder what would have happened if they just kept Gailey and let Fitzpatrick play out his contract.

But yes, to your point, it definitely would have been better.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

If Schwartz succeeds in PHI, he won't leaving for another coordinator position... And certainly not for thankless owners who gave him the cold shoulder after his noteworthy contributions...

Tom Coughlin is the next logical choice for HC... Frank Reich for OC, and anything NOT named Ryan for DC...

Yeah I'm not impressed with a guy who didn't do much with Rivers as his QB. Now he's as much the OC in Philly as Thurman is the DC here.

exactly. He's basically the QB coach with an OC title. He's a really good QB coach. No evidence at all of being a good OC, let alone HC. Edited by YoloinOhio

If Schwartz succeeds in PHI, he won't leaving for another coordinator position... And certainly not for thankless owners who gave him the cold shoulder after his noteworthy contributions...

Tom Coughlin is the next logical choice for HC... Frank Reich for OC, and anything NOT named Ryan for DC...

Coughlin is very logical, but he's not coming here. He wants to stay close to family in Jersey. That's the reason he only interviewed with Philly after parting with the Giants. He has no interest in coming to Buffalo. Never has and never will.

Coughlin is very logical, but he's not coming here. He wants to stay close to family in Jersey. That's the reason he only interviewed with Philly after parting with the Giants. He has no interest in coming to Buffalo. Never has and never will.

Coughlin has deep roots in the region... I think he might, if the offer looks good...

Eagles OC ? Yes please.

Some great play calls all night including screens to tight ends that were successful.

Didnt we interview Frank last season?

A new coach. A new starting RB. A new starting QB. A new pair of safeties.

2017 is going to be one hell of a ride

Yep. I dont know where you think we can find all these players at a high level but thats what its looking like. I still believe in TT, a lot of QB's go thru the sofomore slump. EX: Kurt Cousins is being crucified by his teammates already, Andrew Luck had a bad season last year, Even before the injury Flacco was not playing good either. QBs have down seasons and with someone as in-consistent at TT we shouldnt have expected him to turn into Russel Wilson in year two. What bothers me is that hes missing throws that he was easily making last year.

Polian GM, Reich HC/OC, and Kelso DC. Bring back the 90's. :rolleyes:

And then we would need "a kelly" to run the offense on the field lol bring back the k gun

I wonder if Tasker would be interested? He seems pretty sharp on the broadcasts.

Maybe we could make him HC/GM like Belichick to sweeten the deal

Where is your sarcasm font sir

I wonder what would have happened if they just kept Gailey and let Fitzpatrick play out his contract.

But yes, to your point, it definitely would have been better.

In some alternate reality Gailey and Pettine or Schwartz are our OC and DC. Wooow

I feel like preseason broadcasts are tough for play by play. It's like spring training in baseball. On 3rd base is... #73... some minor league guy...?

If he only forgot names he would be ok. He says stuff is completed he says first down. He isnt even watching the right monitor

Yeah I'm not impressed with a guy who didn't do much with Rivers as his QB. Now he's as much the OC in Philly as Thurman is the DC here.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. I just think the organization needs to stop reaching into the past and move forward.

A lot of good coaches refused to consider the Bills because Ralph was meddlesome. I sure hope the pegulas haven't started down this path...

It looks like they already have with their hiring the head coach instead of allowing the GM to do it.

What message does it send to future head coaching candidates that the owners are going to have in season player meetings to discuss what's happening on the field!

Not even Ralph Wilson did this type of thing as he was more subtle than that. As team president, Wilson would hold his head coach accountable for the entire team.

Edited by Nihilarian