Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

LOL! Really? -Schwartz's D was the reason that team went 9-7 in the first place... No sane person would argue that... Calling him "tainted" couldn't be further off the mark... Calling the Pegulas "gullible" is a lot closer to the truth...

As far as Wentz goes, I know what I saw... Two out of the three Philly TD's scored were run plays... And you're damn right he was shaky... However, he isn't making horrible mistakes... I suspect that's because he's not being asked to make a whole lot of decisions in this type of offense. -As it SHOULD be... Bottom line: Wentz is being brought along the correct way... PIT will show him some things he's never seen, but the run game is strong, and the D clearly has his back... He's on his way.

no

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Really? -Schwartz's D was the reason that team went 9-7 in the first place... No sane person would argue that... Calling him "tainted" couldn't be further off the mark... Calling the Pegulas "gullible" is a lot closer to the truth...

As far as Wentz goes, I know what I saw... Two out of the three Philly TD's scored were run plays... And you're damn right he was shaky... However, he isn't making horrible mistakes... I suspect that's because he's not being asked to make a whole lot of decisions in this type of offense. -As it SHOULD be... Bottom line: Wentz is being brought along the correct way... PIT will show him some things he's never seen, but the run game is strong, and the D clearly has his back... He's on his way.

I am now convinced you didn't watch the game at all.....Wentz was making at the LOS adjustments all game, calling audibles, directing blocking, going through progressions, taking big hits and standing in the pocket....I'm not sure what "decisions" you think a QB should be making back there (i.e. what's for breakfast, redhead or blonde) but he was doing everything a vet QB would do - something Taylor has not done yet this year - and doing it fairly well. Not going to argue the level of Defense has been suspect at best, but that's not his issue. He's now 2-0 as a starter and has done a nice job. As for rushing TD's, again you didn't watch the game....you missed the throws that put them that close to the endzone...you missed the throw that was a perfect drop into the hands of a sprinting WR a few yards in front of the pylon that *should* have been a TD but dropped by a guy who nearly led the league last year in drops....but please, hold tight to your little whim that Wentz is not being "asked to make a whole lot of decisions".....and I'm not going to touch your Schwartz's defense comment, because it's based in sheer lunacy and hallucination....wow, just wow....

Pegs had his opportunity to choose Marrone as his coach and he took a pass. Simple as that. All blame for losing Schwartz lies at the feet of the owner.

Pegs had no opportunity to choose Marrone. He was working out an extension for Marrone ( that continuity thing) and was surprised that DM exercised his option to leave with pay at change of ownership. Now, TP could easily have chosen Schwartz as his head coach to ensure he stayed . By choosing any other head coach he invited the possibility of Schwartz leaving. That's usually what happens when coaching changes are made. Early reports after the Ryan hiring were that RR was interested in retaining Schwartz. It was a few days later that it came out from Schwartz's camp that he an Ryan agreed to part ways based on " philosophical differences". So it seems JS had at least some interest in staying on as DC with whoever the Head coaching choice was. You are correct that all " blame" for losing JS -if you want to call it that , lies at the feet of the Pegulas. The choice was theirs. They were well aware of what they were getting. Completely different defense , and everything else.

no

Yes. And it may get even shakier...

I am now convinced you didn't watch the game at all.....Wentz was making at the LOS adjustments all game, calling audibles, directing blocking, going through progressions, taking big hits and standing in the pocket....I'm not sure what "decisions" you think a QB should be making back there (i.e. what's for breakfast, redhead or blonde) but he was doing everything a vet QB would do - something Taylor has not done yet this year - and doing it fairly well. Not going to argue the level of Defense has been suspect at best, but that's not his issue. He's now 2-0 as a starter and has done a nice job. As for rushing TD's, again you didn't watch the game....you missed the throws that put them that close to the endzone...you missed the throw that was a perfect drop into the hands of a sprinting WR a few yards in front of the pylon that *should* have been a TD but dropped by a guy who nearly led the league last year in drops....but please, hold tight to your little whim that Wentz is not being "asked to make a whole lot of decisions".....and I'm not going to touch your Schwartz's defense comment, because it's based in sheer lunacy and hallucination....wow, just wow....

:lol: Save at least one of those "wows" for the notion that Orton and Hackett were solely responsible for our 1st winning record in nine seasons... Your argument, if you can call it that, is a silly one you may come to regret as the season wears on... You're free to anoint this kid if you want, but Wentz made errors he wasn't made to pay for by CHI's inferior D.

That may change going forward...

Sure, I saw the throws... The one batted near the LOS... the short throw to Agholor that would have been a TD... It was a cumulative observation... At the end of which I found his habits as a runner, and his throwing mechanics to be liabilities against better defenses...

As far as Tyrod goes, I took major heat for labeling him a very good BACKUP.. my views are never popular at first... I'm used to it.

Edited by #34fan

Someone had reported that Hue Jackson thought he had the Bills job and was making calls to line up his staff, one to Schwartz asking if he'd stay on as DC. But it's just a report, dunno what truth to it.

It was me and it is true. There are also plenty of reports out there that are "linkable" and verify the key pieces of the story including from Hue Jackson's mouth speaking to the BN saying he wanted to keep Schwartz.

I don't care if people believe me or not. I trust the person who told me 100%. Jackson thought he had the job had already placed a call to Schwartz and was confident they could do a deal.

Edited by GunnerBill

It was me and it is true. There are also plenty of reports out there that are "linkable" and verify the key pieces of the story including from Hue Jackson's mouth speaking to the BN saying he wanted to keep Schwartz.

I don't care if people believe me or not. I trust the person who told me 100%. Jackson thought he had the job had already placed a call to Schwartz and was confident they could do a deal.

money could have talked. if you give him 2.4 per year like roman got he's gonna stay.

How about 18 games and two off-seasons of blowhard unfulfilled promises.

IF that's not enough you can add the last ton of Jets debacles......if that's not enough throw in a pinch of Rob's failures......you'll still need more time to decide.

Edited by 4merper4mer

If the Bills kept Schwartz as DC and hired Chan OC, a hands off HC could have a winner.

Switching from 4-3 to 3-4 takes a lot of time especially when it is complex like Ryan's.

What could have been doesn't matter.

ain't that the truth.

It's going to take some more personnel changes too. To bad the 34 players we drafted are at home on game days. Didn't Marcel play defensive end in college?

Edited by JaxBills

The Bills probably should have hired a head coach that would keep Schwartz at DC. If it aint broke...

Im really surprised Rex cant get this defense to play well. I mean before Schwartz we were worried about replacing Pettine. Many of the same players from 2013 were there in 2015. I really dont understand what is wrong. How could Pettine get pressure on the QB but the master Rex Ryan cant?

I almost want to say this is part of the Bills curse. There just isnt any explanation.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I remember reading this also....

This kills me. I really wanted this combo.

I wonder who the QB is if they hired Jackson.

Lets just assume if they hired Jackson the D is great and the O is below average. Probably go 8-8 or 9-7, Schwartz leaves t become HC somewhere.

So in reality we would have Schwartz for 1 more year of no playoffs and we are right back to where we started, no DC. Maybe Donnie Henderson takes over, but he was never very good calling a defense.

There is also the possibility Schwartz struggles without Aaron Williams, Kyle Williams, Brandon Spikes, DaNorris Searcy, Gilmore for 4 games, and Bradham for 4 games.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Pegs had his opportunity to choose Marrone as his coach and he took a pass. Simple as that. All blame for losing Schwartz lies at the feet of the owner.

Guess who has a better record as a head coach?

Hint: It is not Schwartzy . . .

Edited by Peter

If we are comparing Rex to Schwartz as Head Coaches I feel obliged for perspective to point out that Rex may be the only Head Coach in NFL history to take over winning teams in his first two jobs. The Jets were 9-7 the year before Rex as were the Bills.

Schwartz on the other hand took on the only 0-16 team in NFL history.

If we are comparing Rex to Schwartz as Head Coaches I feel obliged for perspective to point out that Rex may be the only Head Coach in NFL history to take over winning teams in his first two jobs. The Jets were 9-7 the year before Rex as were the Bills.

Schwartz on the other hand took on the only 0-16 team in NFL history.

He also had the best QB of the two . . . .

I can't prove this but did read where Whaley wanted Hue Jackson as HC and they reached out to Schwartz to stay as DC......

Certainly plausible given he accepted a DC gig elsewhere.

But it will only go down now as a speculative miss and something we will never know.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood