Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced he is the primary reason Jeff fisher still works...

Because his defenses helped make the Titans what they were...

Then he goes on and fields the best bills d since wade Phillips was HC after an up and down Detroit.

Bet he's going to be a better coach time #2... He wants it, just needs time to develop

There's a HC job waiting for him next year with the Bills if he wants it.

Nigel looked like a superstar!

That's the other hard part - that we also had guys already on the roster to keep that D going for years

I said it at the time--hiring Rex when they should have kept Schwartz and hired and offensive minded HC was an idiot move. I still makes me sick to think that the Pegulas were so dazzled by Rex's personality and interview that they made this colossal blunder.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hiring Rex guaranteed that they would change the defense, and Schwartz would leave.

I said it at the time--hiring Rex when they should have kept Schwartz and hired and offensive minded HC was an idiot move. I still makes me sick to think that the Pegulas were so dazzled by Rex's personality and interview that they made this colossal blunder.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hiring Rex guaranteed that they would change the defense, and Schwartz would leave.

schwartz wanted the head coach job and left cause he was passed over. the smart play would have been him as head coach and def coord with a off coord that maybe had prev head coaching exp. schwartz would have been a cheaper option at hc as well. probably a 4 year deal for 12-16 mil. our defense would still be top 5.

schwartz wanted the head coach job and left cause he was passed over. the smart play would have been him as head coach and def coord with a off coord that maybe had prev head coaching exp. schwartz would have been a cheaper option at hc as well. probably a 4 year deal for 12-16 mil. our defense would still be top 5.

Who would our QB be ...and this guy's HC record was abysmal (that was with a #1 overall pick at QB and best WR in league) with a history of discipline issues. He may get another chance at HC somewhere but why would anyone be confident he would have been a good choice as HC?

Yah, iggles D looks outstanding...And that frickin O-line is doing championship calibre things.... Simplified college-like offense... Heavy on the run... Superior blocking up front in the trenches.... It's how EJ shoulda been brought along. -Slow and methodical... Wentz is shaky, but gaining confidence with each snap.... Looking good for Philly.

I'm not really sure you watched the game last night..."heavy on the run", you did notice that 9 of the first 10 plays were passes, right? "Wentz is shaky"...really? After taking one big hit after another and standing in the pocket and delivering on time to his target, that's shaky? Man, I wish Buffalo's Offense and QB looked that "shaky"....sorry, I apologize for the tone of this statement but it just seems like these observations are really off the mark, IMHO....on the topic of Schwartz, he was a fantastic DC, and sadly, tainted by the inept Marrone, so that taint stayed with him in the new regime and he was discarded like the refuse Marrone truly was, when he should have gotten the job...again, IMO.

Who would our QB be ...and this guy's HC record was abysmal (that was with a #1 overall pick at QB and best WR in league) with a history of discipline issues. He may get another chance at HC somewhere but why would anyone be confident he would have been a good choice as HC?

our defense would be top 5. outside of that we don't know. i think schwartz would have stayed as dc if it was anyone but rex and perhaps got a nice raise. we interviewed hue jackson and Gase so perhaps one of them as hc with schwartz a coord.

But it's all hypotheticals and should couldas. rex was the wrong hire and the sooner we move on the better

our defense would be top 5. outside of that we don't know. i think schwartz would have stayed as dc if it was anyone but rex and perhaps got a nice raise. we interviewed hue jackson and Gase so perhaps one of them as hc with schwartz a coord.

But it's all hypotheticals and should couldas. rex was the wrong hire and the sooner we move on the better

K-9 has repeatedly said he has a source with Bills who said he would not have stayed unless he was made the HC. I suppose we can come up with hypotheticals all day but I'm going to go with that source since there aren't any conflicting reports that I know of that he would have stayed as DC.

I think there is an "anyone but Rex" sentiment here. I get that but also dont assume that some of these names would have produced more wins at this point. No way to know as they either have no track record as HC or bad track record as HC, and we have no idea who the QB would be which means a lot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Right. They lit up a the stinking Bears, a team whose O-Line is built out of Legos found under Virginia McCaksey's couch.

Schwartz is great as a D coordinator. He was great here. But let's see how the other 14 games play out when he's not beating up Cutler, a QB who strikes fear in very few hearts, particularly the hearts of coaches that have already seen him, what? 11 times?

No ones mentioning that they beat the browns and bears...?

while valid, that eagles defense has the foundations of what he needs to make his scheme work (ie a good front 4, and particularly dominant DT - see haynesworth, suh, dareus for the years he ranks highly)

I love how we are determining this and that 2 games into the season.........Im just sitting and lol'ing

im sure if early results were positive youd be proclaiming plenty of assertions. a lot of the discussion on stuff like Schwartz, Rex, Tyrod, Roman, etc.... has more than a 2 game sample size to gather trends from.

unfortunately, its not coming up aces for us right now, and its not terribly shocking or out in left field to say that if we kept the guy who had a scheme that matched the personnel we have PERFECTLY and had previously had success with the same group, that he wouldve done better than the guy that was adapting schemes and changing player roles and didnt succeed. thats coming from a guy that doesnt like schwartz and questions the sustainability of stocking his defense long term but recognizes that our players were textbook fits for it for the short term.

Edited by NoSaint

im sure if early results were positive youd be proclaiming plenty of assertions. a lot of the discussion on stuff like Schwartz, Rex, Tyrod, Roman, etc.... has more than a 2 game sample size to gather trends from.

unfortunately, its not coming up aces for us right now, and its not terribly shocking or out in left field to say that if we kept the guy who had a scheme that matched the personnel we have PERFECTLY and had previously had success with the same group, that he wouldve done better than the guy that was adapting schemes and changing player roles and didnt succeed. thats coming from a guy that doesnt like schwartz and questions the sustainability of stocking his defense long term but recognizes that our players were textbook fits for it for the short term.

No....actually I would not.

2 games is not enough data