Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your ST coughs up 2 punts in the red zone (not to mention free yards from dumb penalties), all that 3rd string QB really needs is a Blount and a pair of wheels.

Hope April and the Ryan boys are working the fumble drills.

Great post !

I hate Rex, but no one could make the Bills current front 7 into a great defense.

I do not know that i agree with you on this.

Lets talk ?

I can imagine. I saw parts of the game in which the Texans had 27 points scored on them by a Pats team that had a third string QB.

Was that worse than watching Fitz throw for almost 400 yards while marching up and down the field at will?

Was that worse than watching Fitz throw for almost 400 yards while marching up and down the field at will?

You have no idea how many times I screamed at the TV when the Jets converted one third down after another . . . to the point that my wife got upset at me.

If you were honest with yourself, however, you would acknowledge that our DBs had a piss poor game which had nothing to do with scheme etc.

Nevertheless, I certainly was not happy with the defense against the Jets.

Edited by Peter

Its a sad narrative. Much like EJ, i really like Tyrod.

But Tyrod has shown some amazing talent and wherewithal. Last year.

Something nasty in the water at OBD. How has he fallen so far since even training camp, much less considering how he finished last season on the upswing??

Wasn't that what he hung his hat on? Keep my people or i leave?

not sure, but maybe he would have done it himself if the offense continued to struggle.

You have no idea how many times I screamed at the TV when the Jets converted one third down after another . . . to the point that my wife got upset at me.

If you were honest with yourself, however, you would acknowledge that our DBs had a piss poor game which had nothing to do with scheme etc.

Nevertheless, I certainly was not happy with the defense against the Jets.

Seriously?! our CBs were on an island all night and were getting burned, Scheme fail, rex fail

not sure, but maybe he would have done it himself if the offense continued to struggle.

Seriously?! our CBs were on an island all night and were getting burned, Scheme fail, rex fail

Not even our DBs that they had a good game.

Ryan brought Taylor here. Not sure anyone else would have done that.

There were other 2nd tier FA and other vet FA (one of whom declined to come here. would he have accepted with someone else?). You never know what would have happened. Could have been better, could have been worse.

How can you use "honest with yourself" and "nothing to do with scheme" in the same sentence? Or can you honestly not see that the DB poor game had a great deal to do with scheme?

Not even our DBs that they had a good game.

Non sequitor. Yes, the DBs had a horrible game. Yes, the failures had a lot to do with the scheme they were in.

Not true. Different scheme preferences had absolutely nothing to do with it. Schwartz was a goner as soon as he told the FO he had no interest in staying UNLESS he got the HC job, which he told them before Ryan was even on the radar to be interviewed, let alone be hired.

I'd like to know the source for that. Obviously the man wanted a HC job, but others have said Hue Jackson talked to him about being his DC. And regardless of what a guy thinks, he wants a job. When the coaching carousel turned without offering him a seat, he might well have reconsidered even if he did start out with that viewpoint.

At this point it almost laughable the contrast between the way the Eagles D plays and the Bills.

Tonight another punishing effort vs the Bears. A game littered with turnovers and hard hits. Eagles avg half the points the Bills have given up.

The only downfall regarding the loss of Marrone was losing a stud D coordinator who Rex and his brother and any other stool pidgeon they've brought in couldnt hold Schwartz's clip board.

By next year we'll be finally free of the Lapband Twins and get a real Defensive mind in town.

One that hopefully will be as good as Schwartz.

. I'll reiterate. The game has passed the Ryan's by because they refuse to adapt. Since an NFL defense (especially ours) is inhabited by Neanderthals who collectively don't make a half wit they can't think let alone execute a complicated scheme. Schwartz's scheme is simple that's why it's so effective. Just ask the 14 Bills Defense.

Beef- your right. I wanted to believe in Rex, but it's going to be an ugly season. Imagine if we kept Schwartz as the head coach and he hired a stud OC?

Mario would have been gone though given his cost and the others we were trying to retain. Did you guys watch the AZ game last week? We're going to get slaughtered. I almost don't want to watch it.

Wade Phillips seems to be one of those coaches who is an awesome DC, but not so much as HC. Schwartz hasn't proven any different. The only difference is Schwartz only had one shot. he deserves another.

The Schwartz ship has sailed. The Bills are going to have to find another candidate when (I say when) they fire Ryan this season. I truly believe Bill Cowher is a name you'll hear quite a bit of. Take it for what it's worth.

Edited by dezertbill

Wade Phillips seems to be one of those coaches who is an awesome DC, but not so much as HC. Schwartz hasn't proven any different. The only difference is Schwartz only had one shot. he deserves another.

The Schwartz ship has sailed. The Billd are going to have to find another candidate when (I say when) they fire Phillips this season. I truly believe Bill Cowher is a name you'll hear quite a bit of. Take it for what it's worth.

Wade was able to get his teams into the playoffs with Denver, Buffalo, and Dallas. He's a very good coach IMO.

Does it matter ? We cant develop them anyways :wallbash:

WE DID NOT PASS ON DAK PRESCOTT........he was picked before our selection in that round.....word is the bills LIKED Prescott

and Grap looked horrible in the limited time he got prior to this year.....this fan base does not have the patience to groom a qb....we are already seeing that with stupid posts of starting C. Jones

WE DID NOT PASS ON DAK PRESCOTT........he was picked before our selection in that round.....word is the bills LIKED Prescott

and Grap looked horrible in the limited time he got prior to this year.....this fan base does not have the patience to groom a qb....we are already seeing that with stupid posts of starting C. Jones

I was being sarcastic. I could care less about Dak or Garrapolo

I was being sarcastic. I could care less about Dak or Garrapolo

Sorry 3rd...I wasnt really responding to you but to the post your responded to

Wade was able to get his teams into the playoffs with Denver, Buffalo, and Dallas. He's a very good coach IMO.

I like Wade Phillips a lot.....much better DC then HC

if I had to choose betweend Wade and Rex....and this point I WOULD take Wade......but....I just dont know how far he could take us