Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan brought Taylor here. Not sure anyone else would have done that.

It interests me how some people (not saying it's you, don't recall) want to tag Whaley with all blame for EJ - even though Nix was GM then and was fervent in saying he wanted the Bills to draft a QB before he stepped down that year - but then give Rex all credit for Taylor (when Taylor was high in our 'self of steam' - now that he's failing to progress, maybe we'll credit Whaley?).

I think the Bills were on a mission to turn over every stone at QB that being EJ, a proven vet backup, and a second tier FA. It's possible that if they hadn't brought in Taylor they would have brought in Daniel or someone else in the 'second tier FA' category who might have worked out ?differently? maybe as a more conventional QB?

If Taylor continues as he has the first 2 games, failing to see open WR and exploit the middle of the field, having defenses smother him by "making him be a QB", he'll become the next "Spiller" on TBD. Poor guy.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I miss having Schwartz and I actually miss having Marrone

yea I liked him when he was here just disappointed his offense sucked, but that's what happens when you try to run a college offense in the pros. wonder if he would have canned Hackett if he had stayed?

Sorry. Big Cat keeps deflecting the blame from Rex.

You mean like when Aaron Rodgers picked it apart in 2014?

you mean the Greenbay game we won.

Nothing that Roman did with Taylor that Hue Jackson couldn't have done. His arrival and keeping Schwartz would be providing a whole different result right now.

Can we please stop talking about this scenario as if there was a chance it could have happened?

Jackson wanted Schwartz as DC.

Reports were that for Schwartz it was HC or bust.

It interests me how some people (not saying it's you, don't recall) want to tag Whaley with all blame for EJ - even though Nix was GM then and was fervent in saying he wanted the Bills to draft a QB before he stepped down that year - but then give Rex all credit for Taylor (when Taylor was high in our 'self of steam' - now that he's failing to progress, maybe we'll credit Whaley?).

I think the Bills were on a mission to turn over every stone at QB that being EJ, a proven vet backup, and a second tier FA. It's possible that if they hadn't brought in Taylor they would have brought in Daniel or someone else in the 'second tier FA' category who might have worked out ?differently? maybe as a more conventional QB?

If Taylor continues as he has the first 2 games, failing to see open WR and exploit the middle of the field, having defenses smother him by "making him be a QB", he'll become the next "Spiller" on TBD. Poor guy.

Its a sad narrative. Much like EJ, i really like Tyrod.

But Tyrod has shown some amazing talent and wherewithal. Last year.

Something nasty in the water at OBD. How has he fallen so far since even training camp, much less considering how he finished last season on the upswing??

yea I liked him when he was here just disappointed his offense sucked, but that's what happens when you try to run a college offense in the pros. wonder if he would have canned Hackett if he had stayed?

you mean the Greenbay game we won.

Wasn't that what he hung his hat on? Keep my people or i leave?

Reports were that for Schwartz it was HC or bust.

Gonna play your own game - do you have anything to verify that? I have googled and find nothing.

Let's deal in what is out there shall we?

- During the period that the Bills were coachless they refused Jim Schwartz permission to interview for two DC gigs (Giants and Skins).

- The Bills after the Rex announcement confirmed to various sources that Schwartz was still with the team

- Hue Jackson, who thought he had the job, wanted to keep Schwartz.

- Schwartz was released AFTER a conversation with Rex Ryan.

This idea thar Schwartz had said it is HC or I go is the real fantasy here. There is nothing to back that up. He had a contract and there was an obvious interest in the Bills organisation to hold him to that. The only released him after it became clear Rex didn't want him.

Schwartz was not going to be a DC here especially after interviewing for the HC position. The question to ask is would we have been better with Schwartz as the HC running that defense.

Hard to imagine either the offense or defense being worse than it is right now.

No he stayed until there was philosophical differences between him and rex

Not true. Different scheme preferences had absolutely nothing to do with it. Schwartz was a goner as soon as he told the FO he had no interest in staying UNLESS he got the HC job, which he told them before Ryan was even on the radar to be interviewed, let alone be hired.

If Schwartz had gotten the job, I think it is safe to imagine our defense would have performed much better, but MW was a goner anyway. I wonder if he would have gone into shut down mode lime he did. I tend to think he would have done just that even under Schwartz as HC. I think Schwartz would have had the balls to bench him though.

Edited by K-9

I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that our defense would be very good if Jim S was here. I don't pretend to know everything about other teams but it seems like Schwartz is doing without any bonifide stars.

Jim Schwartz has proven he is a very good defensive coordinator. Rex Ryan and his idiot twin brother have proven they are seriously deficient coaches.

It's time to see their fat asses ride off into the sunset with piles of Pegula's money!

I can imagine. I saw parts of the game in which the Texans had 27 points scored on them by a Pats team that had a third string QB.

When your ST coughs up 2 punts in the red zone (not to mention free yards from dumb penalties), all that 3rd string QB really needs is a Blount and a pair of wheels.

Hope April and the Ryan boys are working the fumble drills.

When your ST coughs up 2 punts in the red zone (not to mention free yards from dumb penalties), all that 3rd string QB really needs is a Blount and a pair of wheels. a FG.

Hope April and the Ryan boys are working the fumble drills.

Fixed it for you.