Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

Schwartz was not going to be a DC here especially after interviewing for the HC position. The question to ask is would we have been better with Schwartz as the HC running that defense.

I can't prove this but did read where Whaley wanted Hue Jackson as HC and they reached out to Schwartz to stay as DC......

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't prove this but did read where Whaley wanted Hue Jackson as HC and they reached out to Schwartz to stay as DC......

Jackson had a preliminary discussion with Schwartz and was confident they might be able to reach an agreement. He was basically willing to continue Marrone's approach of giving Schwartz autonomy on that side of the ball.

Once they were hiring a defensive Head Coach Schwartz was gone.

Jackson had a preliminary discussion with Schwartz and was confident they might be able to reach an agreement. He was basically willing to continue Marrone's approach of giving Schwartz autonomy on that side of the ball.

Once they were hiring a defensive Head Coach Schwartz was gone.

and here we are.....a complete mess

No ones mentioning that they beat the browns and bears...?

and we lost to the Ravens and Jets.....They are 2-0 and we are 0-2.....doesn't matter who you beat...it's the record that counts.......and with a rookie QB.....they may falter but their future looks better than ours

and we lost to the Ravens and Jets.....They are 2-0 and we are 0-2.....doesn't matter who you beat...it's the record that counts.......and with a rookie QB.....they may falter but their future looks better than ours

Schwartz isn't head coach? The Jets are better than both the Browns and Bears and the Ravens beat the Browns too. This isn't a thread on Wentz either. It's on Schwartz. His defense may look good but who are they playing? If Rex's D did the same against the Eagles competition people who say who did they play too.

I'd certainly swap coaching scenarios!

I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that our defense would be very good if Jim S was here. I don't pretend to know everything about other teams but it seems like Schwartz is doing without any bonifide stars.

with the injuries we had last year he D would have stunk as well....this year can we get beyond the Browns and Bears. Revisit this is week 10

Sounds like the excuse Rex will use when he's on a network somewhere next year.

Lol. Yes injuries to KW and AW.

Dont forget Schwartz defense folded in crunch time.

Not to mention Mario... watched the whole miami-NE game. I saw him in the play one time. All game... Guy just doesn't care.

And they let Olivier Vernon leave, and brought in Mario. Ugh. Buffalo South...

I saw Marrone leaving as a blessing because I foolishly thought we'd get new coaching like this...instead we got, um what we currently have.

Silly me for hoping for something positive.