Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully some of this will quiet the "Schwartz for HC" talk

But that still doesn't mean Rex doesn't need to be tossed to the curb as soon as they can.

This just in:

St. Schwartz's modern "Schwartzy" defense = 344 yards against per game

Rex "outdated" defense = 349 yards against per game

so in Schwartz's first season with a new team, where they have not been playing well recently, he is giving up on average a couple less yards per game then the defensive guru, Rex Ryan. So what? Doesn't make Rex's defence better, or good.

Hopefully some of this will quiet the "Schwartz for HC" talk

But that still doesn't mean Rex doesn't need to be tossed to the curb as soon as they can.

so in Schwartz's first season with a new team, where they have not been playing well recently, he is giving up on average a couple less yards per game then the defensive guru, Rex Ryan. So what? Doesn't make Rex's defence better, or good.

Some of the guys on this board talk about Schwartz as if we will be celebrating his birthday on December 25. If he is that good and Rex's defense is about the same (even with all of the injuries, suspension, and street free agents as safety), I suppose Rex is not so bad.

But those that are for Schwartz are that way because of what he did with the Bills defence 2 years ago, not about what he is doing in his first season with the eagles defence. Rex's defence isn't good here, and that's with many of the sme players that Schwartz was able to make work with here.

You mean like Bradham and Leodis.

@Jeff_McLane

Jim Schwartz's call raises questions from players. @brookob: https://t.co/bG9NlUX0Zd

Wow, it seems as though Schwartzy may not be as well received in Philly as one would think based on the modern, 21st century Schwartzy defense I read about here:

The article begins: "Once again, Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz was nowhere to be found inside the losing locker room. He has declined all season to present his defense of the defense immediately after games . . . ."

I agree with that wholeheartedly. I also remember that 2014 defense but moreso the 2013 defense as giving up critical 3rd down after critical 3rd down. Where is Pettine now? I'm kind of surprised he wasn't part of the Rex bringing all of his guys back.

I'm thinking there was some hard feelings about their divorce in NYJ... did Wrecks decline to re up his contact or something. I didn't find anything in a quick search but remember some consternation