Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure you watched the game last night..."heavy on the run", you did notice that 9 of the first 10 plays were passes, right? "Wentz is shaky"...really? After taking one big hit after another and standing in the pocket and delivering on time to his target, that's shaky? Man, I wish Buffalo's Offense and QB looked that "shaky"....sorry, I apologize for the tone of this statement but it just seems like these observations are really off the mark, IMHO....on the topic of Schwartz, he was a fantastic DC, and sadly, tainted by the inept Marrone, so that taint stayed with him in the new regime and he was discarded like the refuse Marrone truly was, when he should have gotten the job...again, IMO.

LOL! Really? -Schwartz's D was the reason that team went 9-7 in the first place... No sane person would argue that... Calling him "tainted" couldn't be further off the mark... Calling the Pegulas "gullible" is a lot closer to the truth...

As far as Wentz goes, I know what I saw... Two out of the three Philly TD's scored were run plays... And you're damn right he was shaky... However, he isn't making horrible mistakes... I suspect that's because he's not being asked to make a whole lot of decisions in this type of offense. -As it SHOULD be... Bottom line: Wentz is being brought along the correct way... PIT will show him some things he's never seen, but the run game is strong, and the D clearly has his back... He's on his way.

LOL! Really? -Schwartz's D was the reason that team went 9-7 in the first place... No sane person would argue that... Calling him "tainted" couldn't be further off the mark... Calling the Pegulas "gullible" is a lot closer to the truth...

As far as Wentz goes, I know what I saw... Two out of the three Philly TD's scored were run plays... And you're damn right he was shaky... However, he isn't making horrible mistakes... I suspect that's because he's not being asked to make a whole lot of decisions in this type of offense. -As it SHOULD be... Bottom line: Wentz is being brought along the correct way... PIT will show him some things he's never seen, but the run game is strong, and the D clearly has his back... He's on his way.

Wentz has also had the luxury of playing against two of the worst teams in football. To his credit, he has looked good. But we don't know **** about how good he really is just yet.

Schwartz wouldn't have stayed on as Rex's DC. Period.

We all know that. I never implied he would have taken the DC poistion with rex in charge. Without a doubt he would have taken the head coachin position. In hindsight, the ryan hiring looks to be another front office blunder. Furthering the losing culture. We as loyal.fans deserve a much better product...

Hasn't it been roundly established and verified that no, no he would not.

No it certainly hasn't. I have said previously that I know Jackson was interested in keeping him and had already spoken to Schwartz and was hopeful of making that happen. Do I know he definitely would have stayed? No I don't but I don't think anyone has "verified" that he would still have walked. There are reports out there to the contrary - including from Jackson himself.

Edited by GunnerBill

with the injuries we had last year he D would have stunk as well....this year can we get beyond the Browns and Bears. Revisit this is week 10[/quot

I am not confident this defense will be any good in ten weeks. I dot share your optimism. Ryan run deenses haven't been good in years. Thurman is a rex puppet and rob is incompetent. That doesn't give me a promising outlook. Hope okinawa's am wrong.

One of my partners is a big Eagles fan. His reaction this morning was:

"I wonder if this is a result of playing two of the worst offenses in the league or are they really that good. We will find out against the Steelers."

No it certainly hasn't. I have said previously that I know Jackson was interested in keeping him and had already spoken to Schwartz and was hopeful of making that happen. Do I know he definitely would have stayed? No I don't but I don't think anyone has "verified" that he would still have walked. There are reports out there to the contrary - including from Jackson himself.

Um, just because Jackson was interested in keeping him as DC has virtually no bearing on whether or not Schwartz was interested in staying as DC--which is the topic at hand. I have heard/read zero reports that indicated he was. Does anyone have a link to suggesting otherwise?

Edited by The Big Cat

Should have given him the HC job. He turned around a defense from one of the worst in the league to one of the very best. Pegula should have rewarded that success with a promotion and hired from within. Instead, he tried to make a big splash by getting the big name loud mouth to show he meant business.

Players actually loved and respected Scwartz. Under Rex, players just like that they can get away with things and he's easy on them, which is often falsely portrayed to mean Rex is a "player's coach". No, he is just an undisciplined and loose coach, which is far worse than being a hardass disciplinarian.

Um, just because Jackson was interested in keeping him as DC has virtually no bearing on whether or not Schwartz was interested in staying as DC--which is the topic at hand. I have heard/read zero reports that indicated he was. Does anyone have a link to suggesting otherwise?

Been through this before. He had a contract. The Bills had to want to let him go. Jackson didn't and after a chat with Schwartz was hopeful they could work together.