Jim Schwartz defenses doing Jim Schwartz things

dezertbill

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you said that... because if you exclude the games they lost the first two years when Stafford was hurt... the records are remarkably similar.

You mean the games where they had comparable QBs . . . .

P.S. Question: Are you a WOB? If so, that would explain a lot.

for the record, i like JS as a DC and only with a very particular set of guys under him.

as a HC he was likewise running an undisciplined team.

My case to be clear is not to argue that Schwartz is a brilliant Head Coach - though I do think his first 3 years in Detroit were a really good job to take them from 0-16 to the post-season before losing his way after that (and they had major discipline problems those last couple of years in particular) it is to argue he is certainly not significantly worse at it than Rex Ryan.

You mean the games where they had comparable QBs . . . .

P.S. Question: Are you a WOB? If so, that would explain a lot.

No. I am not. Best thing that ever happened to our football club. Don't even try and compare him to the buffoon running the Bills it is insulting.

EDIT: And for the record, as I have said elsewhere, I have never campaigned for a Bills coach to be fired before. It is THIS Head Coach. He will never be good, he can't be good, because he is incompetent. I don't enjoy hating Rex Ryan... but he gives me so much damn cause.

Edited by GunnerBill

My case to be clear is not to argue that Schwartz is a brilliant Head Coach - though I do think his first 3 years in Detroit were a really good job to take them from 0-16 to the post-season before losing his way after that (and they had major discipline problems those last couple of years in particular) it is to argue he is certainly not significantly worse at it than Rex Ryan.

No. I am not. Best thing that ever happened to our football club. Don't even try and compare him to the buffoon running the Bills it is insulting.

EDIT: And for the record, as I have said elsewhere, I have never campaigned for a Bills coach to be fired before. It is THIS Head Coach. He will never be good, he can't be good, because he is incompetent. I don't enjoy hating Rex Ryan... but he gives me so much damn cause.

Arsene and Rex have two very different personalities.

I appreciate and defend both in response to the constant crusading of those wanting to get rid of both - one after so many loyal years to the club and the other after only 18 games and many injuries.

I am loyal to a fault.

Go Bills! COYG!

What is a WOB

"Wenger Out Brigade"

See Peter, despite his support for Rex Ryan, is generally a man of fine taste and supports Arsenal FC. Same as me and EJ Manuel. Arsene Wenger has been our Head Coach for 20 years on Thursday and is our most successful ever manager, but we haven't been as good in his second 10 years as in his first 10 and some people want him out.

What is a WOB

Wenger Out Brigade - those who crusade against Arsenal's manager (Arsene Wenger) - the equivalent of those who seem to make it their life's work here and in the media to crusade against Rex.

Famous WOB - Piers Morgan.

Edited by Peter

If Rex achieved even a quarter as much for the Bills as Arsene has for Arsenal then I would be very happy to eat humble pie.

I won't keep a fork handy.

I just want to give the guy a chance. 18 games - especially with the injuries we have had - is not a fair amount of time to evaluate someone.

Just my two cents

"Wenger Out Brigade"

See Peter, despite his support for Rex Ryan, is generally a man of fine taste and supports Arsenal FC. Same as me and EJ Manuel. Arsene Wenger has been our Head Coach for 20 years on Thursday and is our most successful ever manager, but we haven't been as good in his second 10 years as in his first 10 and some people want him out.

wow. Interesting. Around here it is a bar called "World of Beer"

I know nothing about soccer!

wow. Interesting. Around here it is a bar called "World of Beer"

I know nothing about soccer!

Short summary:

I became interested way back when I met my wife. She is Dutch. The Dutch had one of the world's best players at the time - Dennis Bergkamp. He played for Arsenal, and I have followed them ever since.

I have been to a few games. The atmosphere is outstanding. Also, now is the best time ever to follow an English Premier League team in the U.S. given that every team's games are either on one of the NBC channels or streamed on their app.

Being an Arsenal supporter is a bit like being a Buffalo Bills/Sabres supporter - there is pain and it demands a lot of loyalty over a long period of time.

Edited by Peter

Anyone listening to Pederson's presser? He was talking about how effective the D was/is and how simple and "user friendly" it is. Frustrating for us to listen to after we have watched Rex confuse himself and his own players.

It is breh. I was cheerin Shwartz on tho during that game. It was cool to see our ex-players play good with our ex- DC. sad but cool.

The smart move post Marrone was to go with an offensive coach, the D was solid. It's hopefully a mistake the Pegula's learn from.

HUGE MISTAKE. I was !@#$ing screaming at everything that moved when we got rid of shwartz for rex.

1st im a Bills fan.

Jim Schwartz was the best coaching hire this franchise had made through the drought. That we let him go after 1 year was criminal. His defense is the style of defense that is winning in the modern NFL. Rex Ryan is yesterday's man.

Remember the Schwartz defense! man we had the COLD FRONT. **** was not a joke. Then Pegula !@#$ed up baddd and hired Rex to neuter our team and divide the locker room. if we kept Schwartz, WHO would YOU have hired as HC and OC to compliment em. and what would you do at QB for 2015? Bc witout Rex we wouldnt have had TT.

Yah, iggles D looks outstanding...And that frickin O-line is doing championship calibre things.... Simplified college-like offense... Heavy on the run... Superior blocking up front in the trenches.... It's how EJ shoulda been brought along. -Slow and methodical... Wentz is shaky, but gaining confidence with each snap.... Looking good for Philly.

Yeah dude. Bradham and Brooks made a few nice plays. Nigel was all over the place. Wentz is gonna be good, Im impressed, he jus has to stop taking so many hits so he doesnt derek carr himself out of his poise. Him and Dak are making big boy throws. Looks like Cowgirls won the QB lottery so far.

Pegs had no opportunity to choose Marrone. He was working out an extension for Marrone ( that continuity thing) and was surprised that DM exercised his option to leave with pay at change of ownership. Now, TP could easily have chosen Schwartz as his head coach to ensure he stayed . By choosing any other head coach he invited the possibility of Schwartz leaving. That's usually what happens when coaching changes are made. Early reports after the Ryan hiring were that RR was interested in retaining Schwartz. It was a few days later that it came out from Schwartz's camp that he an Ryan agreed to part ways based on " philosophical differences". So it seems JS had at least some interest in staying on as DC with whoever the Head coaching choice was. You are correct that all " blame" for losing JS -if you want to call it that , lies at the feet of the Pegulas. The choice was theirs. They were well aware of what they were getting. Completely different defense , and everything else.

I am not sure that Jim would have stayed as DC. But otherwise, your post is really accurate.

Not sure why folks keep revisiting this with revisionist spins. Unless they were not actually paying attention at the time.

One of the most critical moves Pegual made may bite his tuckus, if it hasn't already.

Gailey and Schwartz. Fantasy i know but it aint a bad one. and? f marroon

He also had the best QB of the two . . . .

reaching Peter...

Certainly plausible given he accepted a DC gig elsewhere.

But it will only go down now as a speculative miss and something we will never know.

I can see this. Why would Hue turn that down after such a fine year from Jim?

We can only hope pegulas learn

A couple things. one is not trust Brandon. His motives are misplaced. Although he is excellent at what he does.

He needs to learn more about GMs and watch Whaley's tendencies. Dougie is over passionate sometimes and should check himself.

I see a new HC coming in time. So does Rex i bet.

But El P had better have some better folks in the room than when he was sold on Ryan.

Lets us hope he has learned many a lesson by the end of the season.

Things is he has the spendable money as compared to Ralph. He could draw any Coach in. Contrary to the media driven argument that no one will come here.

There is why hope stays alive for us for us poor souls

Edited by 3rdand12

I am now convinced you didn't watch the game at all.....Wentz was making at the LOS adjustments all game, calling audibles, directing blocking, going through progressions, taking big hits and standing in the pocket....I'm not sure what "decisions" you think a QB should be making back there (i.e. what's for breakfast, redhead or blonde) but he was doing everything a vet QB would do - something Taylor has not done yet this year - and doing it fairly well. Not going to argue the level of Defense has been suspect at best, but that's not his issue. He's now 2-0 as a starter and has done a nice job. As for rushing TD's, again you didn't watch the game....you missed the throws that put them that close to the endzone...you missed the throw that was a perfect drop into the hands of a sprinting WR a few yards in front of the pylon that *should* have been a TD but dropped by a guy who nearly led the league last year in drops....but please, hold tight to your little whim that Wentz is not being "asked to make a whole lot of decisions".....and I'm not going to touch your Schwartz's defense comment, because it's based in sheer lunacy and hallucination....wow, just wow....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wenger Out Brigade - those who crusade against Arsenal's manager (Arsene Wenger) - the equivalent of those who seem to make it their life's work here and in the media to crusade against Rex.

Famous WOB - Piers Morgan.

except Rex sux and Wenger has a great career.

If Rex achieved even a quarter as much for the Bills as Arsene has for Arsenal then I would be very happy to eat humble pie.

I won't keep a fork handy.

his name is almost arsenal lol, anyway If I was into soccer I would be an Arsenal fan just because I like the name as it represents military weapons. Other than that have no clue about the team whatsoever.

Watch as the season goes on... You will see the decline. It is very simple but it also will get picked apart by good QBs.

Remember they played the Browns and Bears...

You need to understand everything when you make threads like these.

Edited by Beef Jerky