Bills power rankings

Beerball

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was taken from the site the opening post quoted. What was I supposed to, say they weren't ranked 4th, or put up a quote about another team? Don't be so sensitive.

I don't see an issue with the post. Although, you should get a warning point for being a Pats fan :)

@gmfb

Now on #GMFB, @HarrisonNFL discusses his Power Rankings! Here they are: https://t.co/vQbGFXCLZR

RANK 7

BUF.png

4-2 BILLS

So happy for these guys. As mentioned previously in this space, I reserve the right to cheer for the Bills. When the early injuries (and one very important suspension) contributed to an 0-2 start, I feared we were in for another empty, 8-8, playoff-less season. Well, now look: Buffalo is 4-2 after winning four in a row, including a huge division win over the Patriots. The defense looks fantastic. Soon it will be Shaq-tastic, when the first-round pick gets healthy. Sure would be nice to have Marcell Dareus back this week ... jussssst in time for the Dolphins.

We shall see what happens when we play good teams :)

Edited by DirtDart

I don't see an issue with the post. Although, you should get a warning point for being a Pats fan :)

We shall see what happens when we play good teams :)

Well, we've crushed the bad ones. I'm not sure what more evidence you need to deduce their caliber among the rest of the league.

The teams the Bills have beaten are not really bad teams, like you might find in CFB. All are dangerous and all can beat you on any given day. Simply drilling the lower tier teams on your schedule gets you 7-8 wins, which puts you on the cusp of the playoffs. And if I'm not mistaken, the Bills were underdogs in three of those games (I know the Rams line moved, but the Rams were initially favored.)

Edited by mannc

The teams the Bills have beaten are not really bad teams, like you might find in CFB. All are dangerous and all can beat you on any given day. Simply drilling the lower tier teams on your schedule gets you 7-8 wins, which puts you on the cusp of the playoffs

Including a bad 3-0 team and a bad 3-1 team at the times we played them.

I'd rather not debate how bad they were and stick to what we do know: we straight up !@#$ing crushed them.

I am a firm believer in that your record shows who you are. It doesn't matter how you won just as long as you won. Power rankings make no sense, why hasn't Carolina plummeted to the bottom 5 yet they are AWFUL on D and the O is inconsistent at best. ( I knew they were in for a long year when Cam had a hard time scoring on a D filled with future Line cooks in week 3 of the preseason)

Agreed...which makes that Jets game even more painful in Week 2.

Can't look at it that way. Without that L Roman is still here and the offense likely doesn't turn it around the way they have.

I'm saying the Bills are probably 3-3 at best right now if they beat the Jets.

Mother !@#$ing Fitz always normalizes. Unfortunately, his peak was in four quarters in Buffalo, and his regression to the mean has been drawn out over the four games since.

Fitz is either legendary (FitzMagic) or a disaster (Shitzpatrick). There's never an in between.

Obviously, we got FitzMagic. On steroids.

I am a firm believer in that your record shows who you are. It doesn't matter how you won just as long as you won. Power rankings make no sense, why hasn't Carolina plummeted to the bottom 5 yet they are AWFUL on D and the O is inconsistent at best. ( I knew they were in for a long year when Cam had a hard time scoring on a D filled with future Line cooks in week 3 of the preseason)

watch out, his fan base here is ridiculously large

He's been overrated as hell his entire career. He's been a top 10 qb his entire career too, though.

I'm not ready for top ten yet. But I have a bard time finding more than 6 teams I'd have more faith in to win

Atlanta, Denver, new England, Minnesota, Oakland, Seattle. And I'm not sure sesttle, a5lanta and Oakland are built for continued success. And NE* is one player away from complete deflation

@PFF

Week 7 NFL Power Rankings: 1. @Patriots 2. @dallascowboys 3. @Vikings 4. @AtlantaFalcons 5. @Seahawks 632. http://bit.ly/2er8ayd

PFF has the Bills' offense #4, defense #5, and the team overall at #6

I'm a Pats fan and I believe the Vikings should be #1 right now. They are the ONLY dominant team in the NFL. (Or no glaring weakness)

I'm a Pats fan and I believe the Vikings should be #1 right now. They are the ONLY dominant team in the NFL. (Or no glaring weakness)

Minnesota's offense isn't that good. The Pats are a more complete team as much as it sickens me to say it.

Minnesota's offense isn't that good. The Pats are a more complete team as much as it sickens me to say it.

The Pats D isn't that good... and our O has been sick with Brady but we haven't exactly faced the Denvers of the world the last 2 weeks lol.

Well, we've crushed the bad ones. I'm not sure what more evidence you need to deduce their caliber among the rest of the league.

By definition of many posters on this board any team we beat will be "bad" and has nothing to do with effort of Bills. Hopefully they will continue with losing money betting against the Bills.

@PFF

Week 7 NFL Power Rankings: 1. @Patriots 2. @dallascowboys 3. @Vikings 4. @AtlantaFalcons 5. @Seahawks 6–32. http://bit.ly/2er8ayd

PFF has the Bills' offense #4, defense #5, and the team overall at #6

That makes absolutely no sense--the whole is lesser than the sum of its parts?

Our Special Teams must suck.

It is because they did not include rating on stadium (32 because no wine and cheese for PSL owners), GM (rogue but I have not seen him with a patch yet), coach (Fire Rex! if my mommy let me play with matches) and medical staff (malpractice!). Averaging all out it is #6.

Edited by Koolaid

It is because they did not include rating on stadium (32 because no wine and cheese for PSL owners), GM (rogue but I have not seen him with a patch yet), coach (Fire Rex! if my mommy let me play with matches) and medical staff (malpractice!). Averaging all out it is #6.

:lol: Perfect!

watch out, his fan base here is ridiculously large

He's been overrated as hell his entire career. He's been a top 10 qb his entire career too, though.

I'm not ready for top ten yet. But I have a bard time finding more than 6 teams I'd have more faith in to win

Atlanta, Denver, new England, Minnesota, Oakland, Seattle. And I'm not sure sesttle, a5lanta and Oakland are built for continued success. And NE* is one player away from complete deflation

I don't follow. "Cam's been a top 10 QB his entire career, but you're not ready to put him in the top 10 yet" ?

Buffalo Bills now a top-10 team behind dominant run game
The Bills moved up to No. 8 in ESPN's NFL Power Rankings and No. 4 in the FPI. Here's why.

ESPN Insiders Roundtable

The good times are rolling in Buffalo, who've done a thorough U-turn after an 0-2 start. Our Insiders debate: Do you buy the Bills as a legitimate playoff contender?