Bills power rankings

Beerball

7-9 at best.

In a "bad" league, a losing record.

So at best they beat whom? Jacksonville, Cleveland and Miami at home? They lose at the Jets, home to New England, at Oakland, at Seattle, at Cincy and home to Pittsburgh? That is the BEST case scenario? Best case scenario is that they get swept by either the Dolphins or Jets? Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at best they beat whom? Jacksonville, Cleveland and Miami at home? They lose at the Jets, home to New England, at Oakland, at Seattle, at Cincy and home to Pittsburgh? That is the BEST case scenario? Best case scenario is that they get swept by either the Dolphins or Jets?

Given the crippled offense and suddenly porous run defense, yes

Given the crippled offense and suddenly porous run defense, yes

Wasn't your early season prediction 4 wins? Or was that Scott...

The truth is it's a week-to-week league. This week looks bad, real bad. Next week looks terrible too -- but that can change quickly based on what happens tomorrow for both teams. Predicting the rest of the season with any sort of accuracy is a crap shoot at best.

Wasn't your early season prediction 4 wins? Or was that Scott...

The truth is it's a week-to-week league. This week looks bad, real bad. Next week looks terrible too -- but that can change quickly based on what happens tomorrow for both teams. Predicting the rest of the season with any sort of accuracy is a crap shoot at best.

Yeah, he laughed at 7 wins: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4047797 and is now predicting that. He had 4-7 wins.

I like this one too: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4047856

And this one:http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4050682

A little later he predicts a home loss to SF!!! The only thing worse than the totally irrational and ridiculous positive people are the totally irrational and ridiculous negative people.

I do agree here though "correctness matters": http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4054467

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, he laughed at 7 wins: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4047797 and is now predicting that. He had 4-7 wins.

I like this one too: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4047856

And this one:http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4050682

A little later he predicts a home loss to SF!!! The only thing worse than the totally irrational and ridiculous positive people are the totally irrational and ridiculous negative people.

I do agree here though "correctness matters": http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188517-record-prediction-after-2-games/?p=4054467

So at the start of the season, I was saying 4-7. And somehow that makes me wrong? Let's see who's right at the finish line.

So at the start of the season, I was saying 4-7. And somehow that makes me wrong? Let's see who's right at the finish line.

You also predicted 2-14 in there. You are already wrong there. 7 wins is the floor not the ceiling. Cleveland and Jacksonville at home are wins, those teams are awful. There is a ZERO percent chance that the Dolphins AND Jets sweep the Bills. That's 7 right there. There are another 3-4 games that could go either way (Pittsburgh, Cincy, tomorrow).

If you want to set the over under at 7 and play for a Bills hat or something I'd be game. You say it's the ceiling and I think it's the floor.

You also predicted 2-14 in there. You are already wrong there. 7 wins is the floor not the ceiling. Cleveland and Jacksonville at home are wins, those teams are awful. There is a ZERO percent chance that the Dolphins AND Jets sweep the Bills. That's 7 right there. There are another 3-4 games that could go either way (Pittsburgh, Cincy, tomorrow).

If you want to set the over under at 7 and play for a Bills hat or something I'd be game. You say it's the ceiling and I think it's the floor.

Hey I'll be the first to congratulate you for being right, just not sure it's gonna happen

No. 4: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

The New England Patriots’ 15-year run is probably the best in NFL history, and it might never be matched again.

In an era of free agency and a salary cap, the Patriots have been fantastic just about every season this century. They have won 10 games 14 of the past 15 seasons. A 9-7 finish in 2002 was the outlier. They’ve won at least 12 games 10 of the past 13 seasons, which is staggering. They’ve won the division 13 times this century, including 12 of the past 13 years. They’ve been to the Super Bowl six times and won four. That type of run isn’t supposed to happen in the NFL anymore.

Like it or not, the Patriots are the surest thing in the NFL.

What are the Bills missing? Fill in the blanks and bingo.

Perhaps the part where you said "lol @ beating Arizona".

Arizona likely fell out of your graces though, so that game is irrelevant I guess.

Therein lies the problem though - predicting doom against future opponents, and when coincidentally right, act as if it was an inevitability, meanwhile if we get the win, it was a fluke.

Perhaps the part where you said "lol @ beating Arizona".

Arizona likely fell out of your graces though, so that game is irrelevant I guess.

Therein lies the problem though - predicting doom against future opponents, and when coincidentally right, act as if it was an inevitability, meanwhile if we get the win, it was a fluke.

You could say the same thing about picking wins.

• 2 weeks later...

No strong teams that stand out except the Pats with Brady*. They should be 1. I feel confident we could beat any of these other teams on any given Sunday. Check the Seattle game stats without the box score. Who is the #2 team and who is the #17 team missing the playoffs? Dallas is grounding and pounding better than we are because they actually have a good offensive line and not just a good left side. When are we going to wise up and actually get a right side of the line instead of just trying to get by with second rate players? Our safeties are terrible and the sooner we get Ragland in there for Preston Brown the better. Otherwise we are pretty decent on defense. We aren't a great team but there isn't as big of a gap from the top teams to us as there has been in the past

No strong teams that stand out except the Pats with Brady*. They should be 1. I feel confident we could beat any of these other teams on any given Sunday. Check the Seattle game stats without the box score. Who is the #2 team and who is the #17 team missing the playoffs? Dallas is grounding and pounding better than we are because they actually have a good offensive line and not just a good left side. When are we going to wise up and actually get a right side of the line instead of just trying to get by with second rate players? Our safeties are terrible and the sooner we get Ragland in there for Preston Brown the better. Otherwise we are pretty decent on defense. We aren't a great team but there isn't as big of a gap from the top teams to us as there has been in the past

I agree with most of this. I am not sure that New England has even separated themselves that much. The league is all pretty close. That Raiders team is a good example. They have a nice record but got a break last night, went for 2 and the win in New Orleans, snuck one out against the Chargers and snuck one out against the Ravens. They are sitting at 2 losses and could easily be much worse. It is pretty watered down.

@si_nfl

Power Rankings: Which NFL playoff contenders are making moves—up and down—in Week 12? (by @ChrisBurke_SI) http://on.si.com/2glVObu

Cx9VCteWIAIeJw9.jpg

12. Buffalo Bills

Last Week: 16
Record: 5–5
Sunday marked the fifth time this season the Bills have finished with fewer than 200 yards passing. They’re 4–1 in those contests, as strong a hint as any that this team typically goes as its run game and defense go. Week 12’s home game against Jacksonville is must-win, both for the Bills’ playoff chances and Rex Ryan’s status.​

21st is a joke. And so is the typo.

CBS Sports – NFL Power Rankings
RANK 21: BILLS. They snapped a three-game losing streak by beating the Bills, but they could be without LeSean McCoy this week. That will hurt.

...and so is the utter lack of evidence to support McCoy being out.

21st is a joke. And so is the typo.

CBS Sports – NFL Power Rankings
RANK 21: BILLS. They snapped a three-game losing streak by beating the Bills, but they could be without LeSean McCoy this week. That will hurt.

...and so is the utter lack of evidence to support McCoy being out.

To be fair, it feels like the Bills do beat the Bills a lot of the time :nana:

Let's see, third game this year against superior team (Pats, Seahawks), time for a prime time loss it seems. At least it probably won't be shown anywhere , with Redskins and Giants having late games as well. thank goodness. couldn't handle another prime time TV national audience loss.

So KC beats Denver in Denver and they still have Denver ahead of them?

Yeah, that was my thought as well. So many teams better than Denver this season but they're coasting on their reputation from last year. Unfortunately for them, their D isn't nearly as good as it was last year.