Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told that he could be as high as 2 on the depth chart this year (even with Karlos). They are incredibly high on him. I can guarantee that they aren't taking carries away from Jonathan Williams to give to Reggie Bush.

Yeah, this goes along with what I thought would happen. Karlos is (1) a dumbass; (2) fat; and (3) a concussion waiting to happen.

And yes, I liked what he did on the field last season.

Can someone please help me understand why the Bills have not at least, taken a look at Boldin?

Am I the only one who thinks this move would make sense?

CBF

13 WR's on the roster already. Why add a 14th when the dude is 36 going on 37, especially now? If they were only sitting on 7-8 guys right now at that position, I would be asking myself the same question, but they're not.

13 WR's on the roster already. Why add a 14th when the dude is 36 going on 37, especially now? If they were only sitting on 7-8 guys right now at that position, I would be asking myself the same question, but they're not.

Our OC is also intimately familiar, so I would have to imagine whatever the answer is on their current stance -- its well educated.

Can someone please help me understand why the Bills have not at least, taken a look at Boldin?

CBF

He's been a very good pro. I could see them bringing him in after week one (he's familiar with Roman, shouldn't be too much of an adjustment) if someone goes down or appears to need more development. If not it's time to let the young guys go get some. I'm looking forward to the camp battles personally.

CBF

two-way street. He has to have interest too. My guess is he does not. This is not an offense most WRs would be wanting to join if they had options. I don't know if he does, but if he waits it out to see who gets hurt in TC, he will.

Are you trying to tell me that after one turns 36 that the next age for that person will be 37?

I've heard it all, now.

Fair answer i think.

Are you trying to tell me that after one turns 36 that the next age for that person will be 37?

I've heard it all, now.

Don't believe everything you read G.

A closed mind is turrible thing to waste.

CBF

Boldin makes sense for the Bills.

Bills don't make sense for Boldin.

At that age, he wants either money or to win. Why play otherwise?

The money here for him would be mediocre and the chance to win is average.

Chances are if the Bills called, he probably just said thanks but no thanks.

If no wide receivers step up during camp, there will be a few veteran options during cutdowns.

Same reasons could be why Bush is taking some time to sign.

Must be why he is signing with Detroit... :doh:

If no wide receivers step up during camp, there will be a few veteran options during cutdowns.

Boldin appears to going to Detroit for a year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-anquan-boldin-is-headed-to-the-detroit-lions-on-a-one-year-deal/

With all our young backs, why do we want an old vet?

Fair question. Maybe in case we get another sunami of injuries at the position? My son texted he heard they want him as a return guy. Can't be too deep this time of year. Not sure what the vet min is now, but cheaper options seem available. Better? Not sure, but certainly cheaper.

Fair question. Maybe in case we get another sunami of injuries at the position? My son texted he heard they want him as a return guy. Can't be too deep this time of year. Not sure what the vet min is now, but cheaper options seem available. Better? Not sure, but certainly cheaper.

i have no issues with adding a vet, and prefer it with it all the young guys. IMO this is Kromer's guy and Kromer gets what he wants. He's the oc in waiting if roman gets an HC gig after this season and they don't want to lose him.

With Karlos out, we have very little experience backing up McCoy. Nobody has any experience being a #1 back if McCoy goes down. Gillislee started 1 game and was very unproductive. Herron, Wilder, J Williams can't be relied upon yet.

With Karlos out, we have very little experience backing up McCoy. Nobody has any experience being a #1 back if McCoy goes down. Gillislee started 1 game and was very unproductive. Herron, Wilder, J Williams can't be relied upon yet.

To be fair, Gillislee's one start came against the Jets. The #2 ranked rush defense in the NFL. I saw enough from him during the regular season to opine that I would rather have him starting than Reggie Bush. As of now McCoy is healthy, Karlos will be back, and JWill will be out 2 games max (I think 1). I just don't think Reggie Bush would be a good acquisition.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

To be fair, Gillislee's one start came against the Jets. The #2 ranked rush defense in the NFL. I saw enough from him during the regular season to opine that I would rather have him starting than Reggie Bush. As of now McCoy is healthy, Karlos will be back, and JWill will be out 2 games max (I think 1). I just don't think Reggie Bush would be a good acquisition.

Good points but I don't think the Bills are counting on Karlos to do much this year......Gillislee is good but not a lot of proven depth after that.

Honestly I'm OK with the inexperience behind shady. Don't see RB or Bush as a need, and frankly don't want to see him in a Bills uni.

I know they wanna run a lot, and we have a group of idiots that at any given time one or more of them will either be suspended or hurt, but please not Bush!!

I might be more concerned about pass protection from our backups than actual run production. Tyrod needs protection and I don't know that I trust a young guy to do that well. But maybe....

It's been awhile since the Bills turned on the juice for a USC RB who used to hang out with the kardashians.

I hope there's no bad karma in there anywhere.