Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this one at all. For ages we watched Romans offense kill it with frank gore. Bush isn't.

Bush isn't like Frank Gore... Why would he need to be? They aren't looking to sign him as their main bellcow RB. They already have that guy and more. He's a vet depth signing if it happens. I neither love nor hate it. He is often hurt and hasn't done much in the last few years, but we have a lot of very young and inexperienced RBs behind McCoy and it wouldn't hurt to add an experienced vet to the mix who has been a successful starter in the past on successful teams. He also has familiarity with Kromer's blocking schemes. Kromer was RBs coach in NO in 2008 when Bush was a first team all pro and guessing there is a connection there. Edited by YoloinOhio

Bush isn't like Frank Gore... Why would he need to be? They aren't looking to sign him as their main bellcow RB. They already have that guy and more. He's a vet depth signing if it happens. I neither love nor hate it. He is often hurt and hasn't done much in the last few years, but we have a lot of very young and inexperienced RBs behind McCoy and it wouldn't hurt to add an experienced vet to the mix who has been a successful starter in the past on successful teams. He also has familiarity with Kromer's blocking schemes. Kromer was RBs coach in NO in 2008 when Bush was a first team all pro and guessing there is a connection there.

May well be. I just want fright trains and bulldozers at running back not Lamborghini's... Or even jaguars...

May well be. I just want fright trains and bulldozers at running back not Lamborghini's... Or even jaguars...

So more boobie dixons?

I like backs with size as well......but what I really like are backs that can do everything so you dont tip off the defense what you are trying to do. And larger backs need to be able to break tackles and take it to the house or they just dont do it for me.

Oh, I get it. It's called poor planning and now left grasping at straws.

To my knowledge Karlos is probably the only imminent rb without availability.

I'm not sure they could have planned for the dui, or the substance offence. On the bright side maybe they did, but they also planned on shady not getting charged.

To my knowledge Karlos is probably the only imminent rb without availability.

I'm not sure they could have planned for the dui, or the substance offence. On the bright side maybe they did, but they also planned on shady not getting charged.

before we even drafted a running back we left last season leading the NFL in rushing and had

Shady

Karlos WIlliams (who was a TD scoring machine)

Gisileee (sp) who was a nice suprise

I mean......I just dont see how the bills could have addressed any better then they did (and they did draft a promising RB also)

Just dont see the straw grasping

So more boobie dixons?

I like backs with size as well......but what I really like are backs that can do everything so you dont tip off the defense what you are trying to do. And larger backs need to be able to break tackles and take it to the house or they just dont do it for me.

I'm fine with all this. I equate bush to spiller (justified or not) and equate those guys to useless.

But it's camp- who cares.

before we even drafted a running back we left last season leading the NFL in rushing and had

Shady

Karlos WIlliams (who was a TD scoring machine)

Gisileee (sp) who was a nice suprise

I mean......I just dont see how the bills could have addressed any better then they did (and they did draft a promising RB also)

I like the guy with a g and lots of vowels in his name. Wonder where he's been hiding or if there is some major deficincy that just hasn't presented itself yet.

Shady who is constantly injured

Karlos WIlliams (who was a TD scoring machine) and has a history of concussions with a dangerous running style that begs for more

Gisileee (sp) who was a nice surprise and is a dime a dozen guy who got a couple of lucky breaks during garbage time at the end of the season

I corrected your statements above. That said, I really liked the Williams pick and thought it was the right amount of resources spent and a great fit for both insurance and future purposes. Unfortunately two of the three viable running backs made knucklehead moves and the feature back is overdue to be hurt as we are now in mid July.

I don't blame Whaley for this...it is bad luck.

I don't get this one at all. For ages we watched Romans offense kill it with frank gore. Bush isn't.

I agree Bush doesn't seem like the type of back who would flourish in Roman's offensive system.

I corrected your statements above. That said, I really liked the Williams pick and thought it was the right amount of resources spent and a great fit for both insurance and future purposes. Unfortunately two of the three viable running backs made knucklehead moves and the feature back is overdue to be hurt as we are now in mid July.

I don't blame Whaley for this...it is bad luck.

4 way too much excuse making here...the fact is all of these guys made plays.

I will say this....secretly I wonder if the bills (and I dont think you can make a mistake taking a late round chance on a talented prospect) Karlos Williams.....he is starting to bother me a little bit as a whole

- Came in with the concussion issues...which means I would NEVER go into a season with him as my main back

- Shows up to camp looking like the stay puff marshmellow man in his SECOND year.....that screams of lack of dedication....that is not even counting the 4 game suspension.

I am wondering with the Williams pick this last draft if the bills already saw warning signs with this kid.....mega mega talented.....but might be out of the league soon.

And I know Roman's system helps his backs....but I think you under rate Gillaslee