Report: Tunsil's ankle could be worse than Jack's knee

Does any one know the medical examination protocol that teams are allowed to do when they evaluate potential draft picks? Also what kind of review is done at the draft? Seems strange that significant injuries go overlooked or are able to be concealed at these exams.

• 1 month later...

Not about his ankle, but reports are that he's struggling with the move to the inside (just heard this on Sirius too):

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/04/tunsils-growing-pains-could-keep-him-out-of-a-starting-job/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/laremy-tunsils-biggest-concern-now-its-not-a-gas-mask-bong-135403742.html(not enough bong references in the Yahoo! version of the story...)

Does any one know the medical examination protocol that teams are allowed to do when they evaluate potential draft picks? Also what kind of review is done at the draft? Seems strange that significant injuries go overlooked or are able to be concealed at these exams.

its a whole lot of guys -- with tunsil sliding so far, did miami even have him in along the way prior, or was he a guy they expected to be gone maybe?

Not about his ankle, but reports are that he's struggling with the move to the inside (just heard this on Sirius too):

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/04/tunsils-growing-pains-could-keep-him-out-of-a-starting-job/

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/laremy-tunsils-biggest-concern-now-its-not-a-gas-mask-bong-135403742.html(not enough bong references in the Yahoo! version of the story...)

Imagine that. Playing at tackle at guard isn't easy.

Finesse tackles don't usually work best in a phone booth. Setting him up to fail.

the medical screening around the league is dreadful

an alternative take may also include that the medical condition around guys in the league is so rough that it doesnt always make it easy to draw the lines.

Wtf would you draft a good tackle and move him to guard??? That is stupidity at its finest

they are desperate at Guard and already had two starting caliber OTs. Felt they couldn't pass up the value at 13. I don't really know if he's ever played Guard in college but IMO he will end up at LT or RT anyway.

Wtf would you draft a good tackle and move him to guard??? That is stupidity at its finest

No, it's probably just an introduction to the NFL at LG for Tunsil. I've seen it before when an existing LT is on his way out. Tunsil should be at LT by no later than next season. Branden Albert is the current LT in Miami. He's an excellent OT, but he's injured a lot. Tunsil will slide to LT if he gets hurt again this season. So unless Tunsil totally busts or gets into off the field trouble expect Albert to be on the trading block next offseason.

I should change my screen name to "the shah's spleen"

Please do that immediately.

they are desperate at Guard and already had two starting caliber OTs. Felt they couldn't pass up the value at 13. I don't really know if he's ever played Guard in college but IMO he will end up at LT or RT anyway.

The whole situation is stupid; Albert played LG in college, and since he's the guy that's injured and on the decline, and Tunsil is presumably the LT of the future, AND they can cut Albert next offseason and save $7M against the cap, Albert should be the guy that moves to LG.

No, it's probably just an introduction to the NFL at LG for Tunsil. I've seen it before when an existing LT is on his way out. Tunsil should be at LT by no later than next season. Branden Albert is the current LT in Miami. He's an excellent OT, but he's injured a lot. Tunsil will slide to LT if he gets hurt again this season. So unless Tunsil totally busts or gets into off the field trouble expect Albert to be on the trading block next offseason.

This. The Ravens did this with Ogden during his rookie season.

I should change my screen name to "the shah's spleen"

Depends. does you wife have a billions or so pairs of shoes ?

Has your leg been un-attached or reattached?

Hows your shoulder doing btw.

Did you recently get off a bus ?

The whole situation is stupid; Albert played LG in college, and since he's the guy that's injured and on the decline, and Tunsil is presumably the LT of the future, AND they can cut Albert next offseason and save $7M against the cap, Albert should be the guy that moves to LG.

I was only half kidding about smoke screen.

Not at its value, But this whole thing is likely BS

Raise? Shoulder is the best injury b.c it is the easiest to recover and be successful with.

turrible cents of humour you have not

Bust.

wicked bust

He's a football player. Just rub some weed on it and get back in there.

Read this at work and chuckled out loud !

Thanks !!

Anybody else excited to see Tunsil with a bum ankle match up against Dareus or K Williams?

I prefer the level playing field.

maybe they make him Swing T first year, but just want him to understand/feel G duties. seems sensible. kinda