UDFA Thread

I actually think that Gronk has a great chance to be a Practice Squad guy this year and make the roster next year. I think he can fit the TE role as a depth guy(Roman likes 4 TE's) and he can play the FB role which makes him versatile and can take up two positions with one roster spot. Gotta remember that Felton is making a lot of money for a FB and he wasn't very good at all last year.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Jeremy Cash is negotiating with a bunch of teams right now which is the reason why he hasnt signed...For all you Cash fans out there. This UDFA kind of reminds me of when the Bills won the UDFA war with DaRick Rogers.

I assume Fairbairn is also negotiating with a bunch of teams. Hopefully one of them is the Bills.

And why wouldn't someone sign Adams instead of him having to go to a minicamp tryout for the Seahawks, who have their guy for the foreseeable future?

I assume Fairbairn is also negotiating with a bunch of teams. Hopefully one of them is the Bills.

And why wouldn't someone sign Adams instead of him having to go to a minicamp tryout for the Seahawks, who have their guy for the foreseeable future?

A buddy told me that he saw a Tweet where Fairbairn signed with the Texans

A source is reporting that Jeremy Cash has signed with the Panthers.

Adams to Seattle makes a ton of sense. They can clone their offense for him - the blocking angles and passing windows can remain exactly as-is, since he's the same height as RW. Plus they let Tavares Jackson go. It's a good fit.

5. Devon Cajuste, WR, Stanford

A wide receiver/tight end hybrid, Cajuste was a two-year starter at Stanford and understands his strengths as a pass-catcher, using his size, short-area agility and ballskills to move the chains. However, he lacks ideal speed, and his tweener body type and skill-set likely limits his NFL role.

The Bills signed him? I watched a lot of Stanford games. I think he could be a good 3rd down receiver or receiving TE. Like the above review said, he always seemed to make big catches.

The Bills signed him? I watched a lot of Stanford games. I think he could be a good 3rd down receiver or receiving TE. Like the above review said, he always seemed to make big catches.

No, he didn't. He signed with the 49ers I believe

Adams to Seattle makes a ton of sense. They can clone their offense for him - the blocking angles and passing windows can remain exactly as-is, since he's the same height as RW. Plus they let Tavares Jackson go. It's a good fit.

It's a good fit...for them. However he'll never start there. I guess he's just content to be a backup.

@TyDunne

Former UB quarterback, and Williamsville native, Joe Licata is going to #Bills rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.

Gotta have somebody there to throw the ball with some semblance of velocity. I forget who we wore out in Sammy's rookie camp, but that QB was dog tired and we couldn't get real good looks at the receivers.

GO BILLS!!!

Not a bad haul, per nepatriots.com

Buffalo Bills

Davonte Allen WR Marshall
Julian Whigham CB Syracuse
Glenn Gronkowski FB Kansas State
Eric Striker LB Oklahoma
Gary Chambers WR Arizona State
Jamison Lalk OL Iowa State
Bryson Albright DE Miami (OH)
Robert Kugler C Purdue
Ed Eagan WR Northwestern State
Marshall Morgan K Georgia
Justin Zimmer DL Ferris State

Edited by BillsRdue

Buffalo Bills

Eric Striker LB Oklahoma

Robert Kugler C Purdue

Don't be sure on Davonte Allen yet. That site says he signed with the Bills but another site says he signed with the Eagles.

I'm surprised as the lack of OT's we tried to bring in through this draft

We have apparently signed Keith Lumpkin OT from Rutgers but it hasnt been updated yet.

Eric Striker LB Oklahoma

Robert Kugler C Purdue

Thanks!

Buffalo Bills

Eric Striker LB Oklahoma

Robert Kugler C Purdue

Sheesh, the Bills are turning over the rocks on the WR. Davonte Allen and Gary Chambers don't even seem to be listed on NFL Draft Tracker site.

Ed Eagan is there, sounds like a potential KR/PR prospect.

Here's some gouge on Allen and Chambers.

Davonte Allen, WR, Marshall

One of the best big-play receivers to suit up for Marshall since Randy Moss, Allen (6-2, 200) averaged 24.7 yards per catch in 2014. He missed four games with a collarbone injury, so he managed just 22 catches on the year (for 544 yards!) with four scores. But his ability to track the ball and win 50/50 situations with strong hands makes him an intriguing prospect.

Gary Chambers, WR, ASU

Team biography

OVERVIEW

• Appeared in 34 career games with seven starts
  • Tallied 690 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 36 receptions
  • Earned a bachelor of interdisciplinary studies degree in sociology and wellness foundations in May 2015
  • Spent his senior season working on master’s coursework

SENIOR (2015):

• Appeared in all 13 games with two starts
  • Finished with 26 catches for 486 yards and two touchdowns, including a long 58
  • Ranked fourth on the team in receiving yards and led the Devils with 18.7 yards per reception, good for second in the Pac-12
  • Capped his career with a career-long 58-yard touchdown reception in the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl to put ASU ahead by five points with just under five minutes to play and finished the game with a pair of catches for 66 yards (1/2)
Edited by Hopeful

@viccarucci

Besides WNYer/Kansas FB Glenn Gronkowski, other #Bills UDFAs unofficially include Marshall WR Davonte Allen, Syracuse CB Julian Whigham ...

More #Bills unofficial UDFAs: Oklahoma LB Eric Striker, Arizona St WR Gary Chambers, Iowa St OL Jamison Lalk, Miami (OH) DE Bryson Albright

More #Bills unofficial UDFAs: Purdue C Robert Kugler, Northwestern St WR Ed Eagan, George K Marshall Morgan & Ferris St DL Justin Zimmer.

He doesn't have a prayer. They signed Trevon Boykin as an UDFA, and Adams isn't even signed; he just gets a tryout. Edited by mannc

Wow. Zimmer looks like a monster. I will be keeping an eye on this kid FOR SURE.

Eric Striker I like a lot. I think he would be a perfect hybrid type player for Rex at the ILB position.

Also liking Devonte Allen and Gronk.

Heard that kicker has a leg.

As a side note to the rookie UDFAs we are bringing in, I noticed that one of our UDFAs from last year, WR Andre davis, was cut yesterday by Tampa. I thought he had a good camp and preseason last year and would like to see them bring him back.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Anybody want to put any comparison's on the talent levels of the two gronk brothers?

They aren't even close , short slow low football instincts , only possibility to make the team is if he beats out Felton and that won't happen. If he wasn't Baby Gronk no one would have even taken him as a UDFA.

He doesn't have a prayer. They signed Trevon Boykin as an UDFA, and Adams isn't even signed; he just gets a tryout.

I am a vernon adams fan myself.....think he would have an easier rode to travel here

The kid either got bad advice or he isn't listening to his advisor(s). An UDFA contract is virtually nothing to a team and I have no doubt some team would have offered him one to be a QB. Why he would choose to go to a tryout for a team with a QB who will likely be there for the next decade versus the Bills who run a similar system but don't have an entrenched starter (yet) is curious. But again, I can only surmise that he's content to just be a backup.

As for the UDFA's, Zimmer, Striker, and Lumpkin sound intriguing. The rest, not so much. Even Baby Gronk.