RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

First of all, Whaley called all of his first 3 picks "day one starters".

Second, the obvious answer is that there was no way Whaley was going to pick Lawson and then mosey up to the podium in his post draft press conf and tell us that they were scheduling him for elective surgery and he might not play until November. So they send him out without the brace and, presto....the "tweak" heard 'round Western NY.

Last year did Whaley say Darby was going to be a day one starter?

And you actually think it looks better for them to have waited when doing it immediately would have gotten him back 3 weeks earlier, and possibly for the start of the season? Yeah, okay.

it won't surprise you that I see it completely differently. lying to your fans is actually worse than lying FOR your fans to win. at least they meet their desired ends by less than virtuous means. they're all bad acts but i'd say whaley's is worse. no good comes from it.

No, I don't think you can surprise me any more. Lying is lying, but can also fit into the spin category which can be more of a little white lie. Still a lie, but lies come in degrees. Regardless, Whaley did not add the transgression of cheating, which the Patriots have done multiple times. Whaley is NOT worse - he's not a cheater. And he didn't lie about his cheating.

Edited by Augie

No, I don't think you can surprise me any more. Lying is lying, but can also fit into the spin category which can be more of a little white lie. Still a lie, but lies come in degrees. Regardless, Whaley did not add the transgression of cheating, which the Patriots have done multiple times. Whaley is NOT worse - he's not a cheater. And he didn't lie about his cheating.are

are you sure? it's a slippery slope. how do you know where he draws the line?

So now it is confirmed that it was a "lie" by Whaley?

As many times as you guys say that it doesnt make it true.

it's one of two things: a lie or gross negligence. to me, as a fan hoping for a winner in my lifetime, the lie is preferable so i'lll go with that.

Edited by birdog1960

are you sure? it's a slippery slope. how do you know where he draws the line?

He has not been found guilty by the league multiple times and been penalized, only to cheat some more. How's that?

What are we arguing at this point? I feel like I missed 20 pages.

You missed NOTHING!

What are we arguing at this point? I feel like I missed 20 pages.

Did Whaley lie to us (the volunteer fans who have every right to go do something else on Sundays)?

Did Shaq tear his shoulder ligament rowing a boat along side the Buffalo Harbor cruise last week?

Will Cordy Glenn be able to play having lost another kidney and will the Bills provide dialysis for him during halftime?

Will the Shah of Iran require another appendectomy?

There's a lot of **** goin' on here.

Is it possible that Lawson may have some techniques available to him that might prevent some of the atrophy? I know for lower body injuries, equipment such as gravity-neutral treadmills and pool walking/running makes a difference. But I agree that it makes most sense to prepare as if he won't play and if he does recover to the point where he's felt to be 100% go, Bonus.

At one point I had my thumb immobilized with a pin for 6 weeks and it took about a month just to retrain my muscles to get the full range of motion back and about 6 weeks to rebuild any degree of strength.

Lawson will be able to walk and do some things to prevent atrophy to his legs, but his injured shoulder will be immobilized for about 2 months. I had a brace, not a cast. I was not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk with my other arm. After he is allowed to move his injured shoulder he will be in physical therapy to regain range of motion. I could not believe how difficult that was. Strength comes along slowly because of danger of reinjury. I had one anchor put into my shoulder and I'd guess he had the same, although in a different spot on the labrum. The one bit of good news is that the damaged part of his labrum seems (based on the swim move injury) to be the part that is used with a lifting motion rather than pushing out (like mine was). He is a lot more likely to require strong, violent pushing motions when engaging OLmen than lifting up so it seems that he dodged that bullet. He should be fine as long as he doesn't rush back and gets healthy and strong. He just can't rip that anchor out or tear the labrum again. It'll be a lot worse next time if he does. My doc was very clear about that. Edited by BarleyNY

it's one of two things: a lie or gross negligence. to me, as a fan hoping for a winner in my lifetime, the lie is preferable so i'lll go with that.

YOU can choose to think whatever you like....that is called a opinion

Its not a fact

Lawson will be able to walk and do some things to prevent atrophy to his legs, but his injured shoulder will be immobilized for about 2 months. I had a brace, not a cast. I was not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk with my other arm. After he is allowed to move his injured shoulder he will be in physical therapy to regain range of motion. I could not believe how difficult that was. Strength comes along slowly because of danger of reinjury. I had one anchor put into my shoulder and I'd guess he had the same, although in a different spot on the labrum. The one bit of good news is that the damaged part of his labrum seems (based on the swim move injury) to be the part that is used with a lifting motion rather than pushing out (like mine was). He is a lot more likely to require strong, violent pushing motions when engaging OLmen than lifting up so it seems that he dodged that bullet. He should be fine as long as he doesn't rush back and gets healthy and strong. He just can't rip that anchor out or tear the labrum again. It'll be a lot worse next time if he does. My doc was very clear about that.

What Barley says here is true....once the surgery has healed Lawson will need to deal with regaining range of motion AND functional strength in the upper body....it will also have to be done is such a way that one side of his body is not attempting to overcompensate for the other side (that is how you get a different upper body injury completely different then the first

Did Whaley lie to us (the volunteer fans who have every right to go do something else on Sundays)?

Did Shaq tear his shoulder ligament rowing a boat along side the Buffalo Harbor cruise last week?

Will Cordy Glenn be able to play having lost another kidney and will the Bills provide dialysis for him during halftime?

Spleen replacement get your story straight.

Lawson will be able to walk and do some things to prevent atrophy to his legs, but his injured shoulder will be immobilized for about 2 months. I had a brace, not a cast. I was not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk with my other arm. After he is allowed to move his injured shoulder he will be in physical therapy to regain range of motion. I could not believe how difficult that was. Strength comes along slowly because of danger of reinjury. I had one anchor put into my shoulder and I'd guess he had the same, although in a different spot on the labrum. The one bit of good news is that the damaged part of his labrum seems (based on the swim move injury) to be the part that is used with a lifting motion rather than pushing out (like mine was). He is a lot more likely to require strong, violent pushing motions when engaging OLmen than lifting up so it seems that he dodged that bullet. He should be fine as long as he doesn't rush back and gets healthy and strong. He just can't rip that anchor out or tear the labrum again. It'll be a lot worse next time if he does. My doc was very clear about that.

Yeah, I get the immobilization thing and the need to regain range of motion. I had a little taste of that needing to regain range of motion in my right thumb after ligament repair and immobilization.

I didn't know about the restriction on lifting with the non-injured shoulder. I was wondering about whether they can do electronic muscle stimulation or something to keep up strength. Thinking it through more, if the muscle is contracting it is probably pulling against the anchor points and not a good thing. Just hoping.

Last year did Whaley say Darby was going to be a day one starter?

And you actually think it looks better for them to have waited when doing it immediately would have gotten him back 3 weeks earlier, and possibly for the start of the season? Yeah, okay.

Huh? No this year he made that claim.

No, I don't this looks good at all. In fact I've made it clear that it looks silly. But my guess is that he and the rest of the gang thought it would look worse if they announced the obvious plan for surgery right after the draft. I think you understand that.

The best part is the quote he made about Shaq being cleared completely by the medical staff as ready to play now. And then he says "now if something happens...", and then boom, "something happens" during hanging out in rookie camp without his brace (oops!!).

He has not been found guilty by the league multiple times and been penalized, only to cheat some more. How's that?

You missed NOTHING!

Whether Tom Brady's splenectomy was deflated by the Shah.

Spleen replacement get your story straight.

They can now grow replacement spleens in a laboratory environment, so it's a good thing that the Shah was cryogenically preserved so he can be brought back to life.

Bills and Whaley on the cutting edge of modern medicine.

You likely haven't heard, but that's just another lie that has been propagated by OBD.

Whether or not the Shah's spleen is ground up in Whaley's freezer.

Oh.

There is of course a third option: really bad luck. But I have to admit that this all being a terrible coincidence seems pretty far fetched.

I wanted Lee the OSU lb first. Watch Lee be ROY and I will be even madder

Something tells me Lee is going to be a thorn in the Bills' side for a long time. I hope not, but I can just feel it. Kinda like Gronk.

Huh? No this year he made that claim.

No, I don't this looks good at all. In fact I've made it clear that it looks silly. But my guess is that he and the rest of the gang thought it would look worse if they announced the obvious plan for surgery right after the draft. I think you understand that.

The best part is the quote he made about Shaq being cleared completely by the medical staff as ready to play now. And then he says "now if something happens...", and then boom, "something happens" during hanging out in rookie camp without his brace (oops!!).

Yes he made the claim this year...because he expected them all to start. He didn't say Darby would start last year...because he didn't expect him to. Hence the plan all-along wasn't for Lawson to have surgery now. Understand?

And it obviously would have been far better to say immediately after the draft "we love Shaw Lawson and despite having a shoulder issue, couldn't pass up taking him at 19. However while we feel that he was a great player with the issue, we don't want it to be an issue going forward and think he can be even better after he gets it fixed, so he's going to have surgery on his shoulder immediately. And if things go according to schedule, he could be back in time for opening day."

If that is true, then explain why Ryan attempted to incorporate some of Schwartz's concepts in the Bills D in 2015? People just keep repeating the same lies as facts. Here we go again with the usual suspect spewing untruths.

He failed miserably last season. Was it because he was too stubborn to realize his scheme needes fixing? Was it because he tried to incorporate the ideas of others into his scheme? Was it because he is not HC material and is a terrible game day manager? Is it some of each?

Results matter and Ryan failed. Whatever the reason he was unable to "right the ship." Quibble over reasons if you want, but, realize that at the end of the day it's still failure.

He failed miserably last season. Was it because he was too stubborn to realize his scheme needes fixing? Was it because he tried to incorporate the ideas of others into his scheme? Was it because he is not HC material and is a terrible game day manager? Is it some of each?

Results matter and Ryan failed. Whatever the reason he was unable to "right the ship." Quibble over reasons if you want, but, realize that at the end of the day it's still failure.

Stipulated.....Again. On to 2016.

So, what happened doesn't matter? The reasons for the failure shouldn't be discussed? On to 2016?

The reasons have been discussed and debated ad nauseam in multiple threads since the end of the season. I no longer have any appetite to relitigate the reasons why for the remainder of the offseason as the team is moving into OTAs and minicamp for the upcoming 2016. Maybe others do, but I do not.

The reasons have been discussed and debated ad nauseam in multiple threads since the end of the season. I no longer have any appetite to relitigate the reasons why for the remainder of the offseason as the team is moving into OTAs and minicamp for the upcoming 2016. Maybe others do, but I do not.

Then stop replying. To simply discount what's true & say on to 2016 makes it seem like you work for the team. ;)

Then stop replying. To simply discount what's true & say on to 2016 makes it seem like you work for the team. ;)

It does no such thing. In my mind, it's a circular argument that just comes back with nobody changing any minds.

please, there are children present

You can say that again.

#confinethebirdtoPPP

Oh no you don't. We're happy to have him spread his neurosis-driven drivel over the entire site for all to see. He's an intellectual after all. :rolleyes: