RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

And now it begins...

An intern at WGR reads this and passes the joke rumor to the on-air guys.

The on-air guys repeat it.

Vic Carucci rights an article mentioning "there are some people worried about a possible suspension looming for Lawson".

Adam Schefter picks up on it, tweets it.

ESPN reports Schefter's tweet as news.

Carucci, Sully, and Gleason all start writing about the "ESPN report that Lawson will be suspended, and we should cut him right now".

Circle of Life, yo. Circle of Life.

circle_of_life_simba.jpg

:lol:

I don't care whether eMoulds is right or not...it's still pretty crappy to do a "drive by" on a fan message board and then not have the decency to elaborate.

Sometimes it's one of those things where a person gets a piece of information and has to use their discretion as to the extent to which it's okay to share.

And now it begins...

An intern at WGR reads this and passes the joke rumor to the on-air guys.

The on-air guys repeat it.

Vic Carucci rights an article mentioning "there are some people worried about a possible suspension looming for Lawson".

Adam Schefter picks up on it, tweets it.

ESPN reports Schefter's tweet as news.

Carucci, Sully, and Gleason all start writing about the "ESPN report that Lawson will be suspended, and we should cut him right now".

Circle of Life, yo. Circle of Life.

circle_of_life_simba.jpg

well i guess its a fact then.

screw the season.

I just knew Whales was baked again

Sometimes it's one of those things where a person gets a piece of information and has to use their discretion as to the extent to which it's okay to share.

any one can suggest.

It is when the group goes off the deepend. and they / we will. that i get irked.

mark my words this we become the game of telephone at some point. People we have strong reactions to one post out of the blue.

any one can suggest.

It is when the group goes off the deepend. and they / we will. that i get irked.

mark my words this we become the game of telephone at some point. People we have strong reactions to one post out of the blue.

Yeah, I feel like if you cant give some substantial info, then dont say anything at all. Otherwise, its for nothing more than board cred down the line.

I went to a cupcakery in Manhattan called "Baked" a few years ago--it was clearly run by stoners.

The cupcakes were spectacular.

Stoners. Gotta love em honestly. and stoner bakers! heck yes

We all have a fit in the web of life.

some of the best bakers ( pun intended also ) have fed me great breads. Sometimes a little crispy on the edges adds to the flavor.

Yeah, I feel like if you cant give some substantial info, then dont say anything at all. Otherwise, its for nothing more than board cred down the line.

Dr, I dont mind what anyone throws at the wall.

Guy/girl might have something. But the method of sharing it, if that is even true, is not worth investing into at this point.

poking the bee hive maybe?

Then you'd have to deal with this guy.

00tsar1.jpg

FitzPatrick Sr. ??

any one can suggest.

Fair enough--the reaction is the issue IMO, not the post.

I hear you--I guess I'm willing to give most posters the benefit of the doubt that they're providing the info because they believe (a) that it's accurate and (b) that we'd like to know.

Stoners. Gotta love em honestly. and stoner bakers! heck yes

We all have a fit in the web of life.

some of the best bakers ( pun intended also ) have fed me great breads. Sometimes a little crispy on the edges adds to the flavor.

Mrs. Bandit can really, really bake...which makes up for her total inability to cook anything beyond scrambled eggs.

Fair enough--the reaction is the issue IMO, not the post.

Thats it exactly for me.

I hear you--I guess I'm willing to give most posters the benefit of the doubt that they're providing the info because they believe (a) that it's accurate and (b) that we'd like to know.

No reason not to give everyone that courtesy

Mrs. Bandit can really, really bake...which makes up for her total inability to cook anything beyond scrambled eggs.

You of course thank your lucky stars each day, i hope : )

I don't care whether eMoulds is right or not...it's still pretty crappy to do a "drive by" on a fan message board and then not have the decency to elaborate.

Feel free to block me. The decency to elaborate? There's not much more to say.

It could be that giving that much info could burn emoulds.......so maybe he cant say?

He could be going all Bob Woodward and the Bernstein Bears and deepthroating the whole front office. You're in over your head, John. Its Chinatown.

Under what circumstances is it ok to say "i expect him to miss time" but not ok to say why?

If we didn't already know about the shoulder issue we'd all be a bit frustrated as we would think it's a failed drug test of some kind...even though the kid has zero drug history or arrest history. Could you imagine We already have some public info about his shoulder so we can all make an educated guess. Could you imagine if we didn't know about the shoulder? This thread would be putting the Shady thread to shame.

The thing i'm most pissed about is that this makes Adam Schefter right and I don't like Schefter.

If we didn't already know about the shoulder issue we'd all be a bit frustrated as we would think it's a failed drug test of some kind...even though the kid has zero drug history or arrest history. Could you imagine We already have some public info about his shoulder so we can all make an educated guess. Could you imagine if we didn't know about the shoulder? This thread would be putting the Shady thread to shame.

The thing i'm most pissed about is that this makes Adam Schefter right and I don't like Schefter.

essentially, schefter was always right with the info that he'd need the surgery at some point. If that's what this is referring to, it's just a different timeline than what we were expecting. I think the expectation was he would have it after the season (if his shoulder made it through). The issue with it is that he plays with a brace and can continue to play with a brace (that's why Shaq said he doesn't "need surgery") but to be able to play without it... he needs it. It's possible the Bills want him to play without it and therefore just want to get it done. Edited by YoloinOhio

I am going to defend Emoulds because I've had the same situation a few times. It's probably something that he wasn't supposed to share at all. You want to share the news with the board but you can't tell them why you know it or more info. A lot of this type of info only gets exchanged through PM at this point to avoid the scrutiny.

The reality is it either comes true or it doesn't and that's how credibility is built on here. Emoulds has proven to have info.