RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

I expect Lawson to miss significant time to start the year.

Can you elaborate? Did you hear something from someone in the know?

And I dont...

Seems we have a good ol' fashion stalemate here

CBF

It's worth noting that eMoulds was the only one on the board that knew about Cordy's kidney issue a full year before it came out in the news.

Can you elaborate? Did you hear something from someone in the know?

It's worth noting that eMoulds was the only one on the board that knew about Cordy's kidney issue a full year before it came out in the news.

excellent memory. not good

i did...i'm now concerned.

Well, he did say "to start the year", so if it does come to fruition (and keep in mind that there's been no indication from the team that Shaq is limited in any way--which isn't to say that eMoulds didn't hear anything solid), it's probably not a long-term deal.

Also, it's worth noting that Manny is the backup at that spot, so the team wouldn't be totally up the creek without Shaq.

Well, he did say "to start the year", so if it does come to fruition (and keep in mind that there's been no indication from the team that Shaq is limited in any way--which isn't to say that eMoulds didn't hear anything solid), it's probably not a long-term deal.

Also, it's worth noting that Manny is the backup at that spot, so the team wouldn't be totally up the creek without Shaq.

i'm wondering if they went ahead with the surgery which I believe was 4-6 months. 4 months puts him right at the start of the year and 6 months puts him at nov 10. yikes. here's to hoping he's a fast healer if that is what they've done.

Interesting. I was kind of hoping they would go ahead and get the shoulder taken care of sooner rather than later. You never know if he'd make it through the season, and would be better to just shore it up now, if it is indeed needed. Just need to hope for the shorter end of the recovery time. He's 21 and in great shape, and will be working with the highest quality rehab and trainers, so that may help.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Interesting. I was kind of hoping they would go ahead and get the shoulder taken care of sooner rather than later. You never know if he'd make it through the season, and would be better to just shore it up now, if it is indeed needed. Just need to hope for the shorter end of the recovery time. He's 21 and in great shape, and will be working with the highest quality rehab and trainers, so that may help.

he can sit in on meetings but will missing the practices hurt his year?

he can sit in on meetings but will missing the practices hurt his year?

i don't know what he would need to miss other than the practices with contact. Meetings, working on footwork, observing the scheme in action while not participating, etc. would be my guess as far as what he can do. Others may know more. It's not ideal but if he needs the surgery I do think he should have it now rather than see how long he lasts during the season. My understanding of it is that he is more susceptible to a labrum tear than the normal player due to the shoulder's condition. Edited by YoloinOhio

Now I'm worried. I understand you can't elaborate often, but it's a little uncool to do a drive-by, drop a fact with no context and then just disappear.

He probably said all that he can say. He's proven to be credible so this is something that we should be concerned about.

Now I'm worried. I understand you can't elaborate often, but it's a little uncool to do a drive-by, drop a fact with no context and then just disappear.

This is what folks do that drives me nuts. Not you per se Bud, but one blurb and the snowball starts rolling.

The mind begins spinning.

It is what it is, but is it anything?

we do not know anything at all

Edited by 3rdand12

Wait , Lawson is on drugs?

And now it begins...

An intern at WGR reads this and passes the joke rumor to the on-air guys.

The on-air guys repeat it.

Vic Carucci rights an article mentioning "there are some people worried about a possible suspension looming for Lawson".

Adam Schefter picks up on it, tweets it.

ESPN reports Schefter's tweet as news.

Carucci, Sully, and Gleason all start writing about the "ESPN report that Lawson will be suspended, and we should cut him right now".

Circle of Life, yo. Circle of Life.

circle_of_life_simba.jpg