RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

This is spot on.. I've been on campus for the past couple years and these guys don't really get away with anything under dabo. I also agree that everyone will end up loving this pick.

Yes, we had a good defense as some have said but Shaq was still the focal point, getting the most attention from the O. For those who watched the breakdown against Stanley, that game alone shows his versatility that will translate to our scheme very well. He lined up as a 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE, and played some OLB as well. And another highlight is that he LIKES dropping into coverage when asked, and looked pretty natural doing it.

Something I feel everyone will notice quickly is his run defense, setting the edge. His high motor allows him to effect the play even if he doesn't get to the ball.

Anything could happen, but after watching him for a couple years in person I thought it was a great choice. (I personally thought we had no chance to get him)

Thanks so much for your insight

:thumbsup:

I want To like this pick more but it drives me crazy that we like a really good DE go to replace him with a 1st round pick. I think Shaq is a good player but this is another example of a spinning your wheels pick by the Bills.

Hopefully, he balls out this year and he seems like a good kid.

I want To like this pick more but it drives me crazy that we like a really good DE go to replace him with a 1st round pick. I think Shaq is a good player but this is another example of a spinning your wheels pick by the Bills.

while true, it had to be done. They paid Mario a boatload to get him here and hopefully change the culture about ufas going to buffalo (in a way, they did the same with shady). Keeping him meant no way to keep all of Glenn, incognito, and Gilmore.

Going forward, I think they are closer to the point where they will be continuously re-stocking rather than filling a hole of their own doing. Get your sun glasses ready, the future is bright...

I'm getting pretty excited about Shaq, but I do feel we missed out on an opportunity with Doctson on the board. It's a really offensive league nowadays and we just don't have much outside of Sammy.

That late round wr we took looks interesting

C its time to move on and put the Mario jersey in the attic man

He cost too much

He was lazy as hell last year

He threw a temper tantrum when he didnt like what RR asked him to do

It was causing problems in the locker room

Families break up.....dont you watch Opera?...:)

That late round wr we took looks interesting

C its time to move on and put the Mario jersey in the attic man

He cost too much

He was lazy as hell last year

He threw a temper tantrum when he didnt like what RR asked him to do

It was causing problems in the locker room

Families break up.....dont you watch Opera?...:)

Haha. I will move on. And I will try to fight comparing him to Mario.

I still hate letting players go and using a high pick to pick their replacement.

I still hate letting players go and using a high pick to pick their replacement.

Thats just the salary cap world

They have to weight Mario's salary against

Keeping Glenn

Keeping Gilmroe

Possible QB worth paying now on the roster

This is just how the NFL works. Its not just us. All 32 teams use their high picks to fill holes. That's the whole point. :thumbsup:

Lawson Had Feeling He Could End Up with Bills
Rex Ryan was telling Shaq Lawson the Bills had their eye on him all along. Lawson wasn't sure if the coach was serious until he received his draft call with the 19th overall pick.

Draft Diary: Shaq Meets Rex in Buffalo
Come along for the visit as the newest member of the Buffalo Bills Shaq Lawson touches down in Buffalo to tour the Bills facility and meet head coach Rex Ryan.

Man all the amateur scouts on this board pretty much make this place unbearable and why I barely come here anymore.

If the Bills had the Bears doctors I would be concerned about the shoulder.

Getting a great prospect (doomsday scouting notwithstanding) at 1/10th of the cost to replace an aging veteran is basic sports economics. Saving that money allows allocation elsewhere. I watched a ton of Clemson games. and I while I can't spout off scouting terms that I once read on the internet, like all the other "draft gurus" who are somehow not employed by an actual NFL organization and instead post on a message board, I can tell you the kid makes plays. I'm excited about the pick and the Bills rarely get me excited anymore.

Mario replaced himself. If you don't want to do the gig, somebody else has to be brought in who wants to do the gig. Simple as that.