I truly thought our D would look like Denvers

In the summer i think most of us were sure we had the pieces on D to be in the top 5 minimum this year. In my eternal Bills fan delusional state I even thought possibly one of the greats of all times with Rex at the helm. However somehow we faded to mediocrity on that side of the ball. And now with the near diabetic, fast food eating, southern hillbilly brother waddling into town there is very little reason to believe things will soon get better.

It is just another in the long lines of recent what ifs for us Bills fans. What if Cam or Von could have dropped to us at #3 in 2011? What if Kuechly dropped one more spot to us in 2012? Yeh the two players we ended up with are nice but the former are all on a Hall of Fame trajectory.

My hats off to the Denver D for one of the most memorable an dominant defensive performances of all time in the big game. Thank you for showing us what can be accomplished when your defense buys into a system and plays with a sense of urgency and pride we as fans were robbed of this year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we are really comparing defenses and we believe it's Dennis Thurmond calling the plays, it's WP>DT. Rex created some pretty good defensive schemes for The Ravens and New Jersey.

That being said

Wade is the greatest defensive mind in football today

Great, another thread to pile on Rex. Kudos.

People look at this circus and have a right to be upset. Rex was the one who promised a "bully," right?

And really, I don't care so much about what these guys say. I did however have to watch a great defense crumble, and now they hired yet another buffoon to rub salt in a rather deep wound.

Sure, the OP is pissed at how Rex hurt this team. I fail to see how this could anger, let alone surprise anyone.

In the summer i think most of us were sure we had the pieces on D to be in the top 5 minimum this year. In my eternal Bills fan delusional state I even thought possibly one of the greats of all times with Rex at the helm. However somehow we faded to mediocrity on that side of the ball. And now with the near diabetic, fast food eating, southern hillbilly brother waddling into town there is very little reason to believe things will soon get better.

It is just another in the long lines of recent what ifs for us Bills fans. What if Cam or Von could have dropped to us at #3 in 2011? What if Kuechly dropped one more spot to us in 2012? Yeh the two players we ended up with are nice but the former are all on a Hall of Fame trajectory.

My hats off to the Denver D for one of the most memorable an dominant defensive performances of all time in the big game. Thank you for showing us what can be accomplished when your defense buys into a system and plays with a sense of urgency and pride we as fans were robbed of this year.

I know I will catch heat for this.......to the comment what if Cam or Von could have dropped to us and what if Kuechly dropped...........

the answer is not win meaningless games at the end of the year causing you to continue to be in a 8-8 rut. I understand its impossible to tell athletes to lose on purpose, I get it. But at the end of the day what did we gain by having a 4-4 record in back half of 2010, and who knows will we be scratching our heads at the Cowboys/jets victories to close out this past season.

One thing I do believe that late season victories do not carry over to following season.

Either way bring on the Combine/draft

They have some true stars that make plays, we have a bunch of guys that just make big dough. This defense will never be more then average to good with the current talent they have. Our staring LB'S are one of worst in the NFL,

This is a true story. The best defenses in history have had great LB's. Preston Brown is terrible. We need a legit field general out there. That's what a really holding us back right now and needs to be a top priority this off-season.

What Denver have proved this season is that you can still win the Superbowl without a Quarterback. I believe Denver's QB play out of both Manning and Brock this year has been among the worst in the NFL. Yet if you have the #1 defense and you can run the ball when you need to you can still win. But your defense doesn't just need to be good..... it needs to be exceptional.... some of us feel as though there was a chance that the D was on the brink of getting to that status in 2014.... Rex said that 4th overall was a disappointment with our talent level and we would be #1 in total defense..... had we been then we could have been a Superbowl contender this year. We ran it better than Denver and we got better QB play. Sadly windows don't last long in the NFL and Whaley and Rex went all in in 2014.... the chips were all pushed into the middle of the table.

As for the OP saying what if Cam or Von had dropped to us.... Cam was #1 on our board but Marcel was #2. The Bills were never taking Von Miller over Dareus. I believe Dareus to be an elite all pro talent as well.... one of the most disruptive interior defensive linemen in a generation. Rex had him occupying blockers and dropping into coverage in 2015 - that in my view is the first thing he should be ordered to change about the defense in 2016. Let Marcel go every single down.

EDIT: The one thing I will say about Manning is he has been like having your coordinator out there pre-snap every play. His Quarterbacking has been mainly bad but his recognition and getting guys into the right play continued to play a part in their success.

Edited by GunnerBill

Always likes the son of a Bum. gracious when he was fired in Buffalo, with a overall winning record no less

Never makes the game about him or some outrageous silly persona. Even though his Dad had some success too

You would never know it.

Happy he got that ring last night. it was his D that closed that deal. he would have made the Buffalo D work last season.

once again the fan base being fed the usual HOPE since now the clown bros can mold this D into their own.

That should little issue have been discussed before he got that over the top contract. I drink very

Little kool-aid past the TT and offense as a whole. I believe in TT. But, 1-2 more seasons it will be a regime change again.

Doubling down by hiring his brother is nauseating. For those that are in their corner. Good luck. off season

Paper champs again like the past 16 off seasons.

great job Wade still wish you were a Bill.