I truly thought our D would look like Denvers

I was just showing that more than just Bills fans think the team took a big step backward with Wrex Ryan as you just don't seem to get that fact. Attempting to deflect away from the fact that Ryan made the defense worse by stating that PFT isn't an elite source. Well, how about some other sources?

SB Nation- "In that 8-8 season, the Bills' defense fell massively short of expectations"

ESPN- Why they're here: A talent-laded mystery, the Bills are a top-12 team if Rex Ryan rediscovers his magic touch on the defensive side of the ball -- the Bills were one of the NFL's top defenses in 2014 and fell off a cliff in 2015

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14697433/panthers-patriots-lead-2016-way-too-early-nfl-power-rankings

I can find more outside sources that think the 2015 Bills defense took a drastic step backward if you like.

Jim Schwartz also beat the NY Jets twice with Ryan as head coach of the Jets. In that second game against the Bills, Ryan stated that his team would play 1000% better with Mike Vick starting and they lost 38 to 3. Complete humiliation and he clearly lost his Jets team along the way that season. Ryan already lost some of the Bills defensive line players in 2015 and I can only wonder how long is it before he loses the entire team again.

The more important point here is that the Buffalo Bills are in the same division as the New England Patriots who have been about the best team in the NFL for as long as the Bills have been bad! The last time the Patriots had a losing season was way back in 2000 and in all that time since they have been to six super bowls while winning four.

The Buffalo Bills need a head coach that will make the team better and not try and force his players to fit his schemes. In order to beat the best you have to be the best and Ryan isn't even close to that level of competence. The Bills got exactly what they hired in a 4-12 coach who made his area of expertise worse.

Of course they weren't as good as in 2014. No :censored: ! Falling off a cliff is an exaggeration IMO.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they weren't as good as in 2014. No :censored: ! Falling off a cliff is an exaggeration IMO.

So, you don't think that going from #1 in sacks QB pressures, QB hits, QB hurries and the one area where the 2014 Bills excelled at to 31st in 2015 isn't falling off a cliff?

The real issue here is why on earth do you keep coming back defending this bad hire?

So, you don't think that going from #1 in sacks QB pressures, QB hits, QB hurries and the one area where the 2014 Bills excelled at to 31st in 2015 isn't falling off a cliff?

The real issue here is why on earth do you keep coming back defending this bad hire?

Time will tell whether it was a good hire or not. You have decided that it wasn't and that's fine. I haven't. Edited by 26CornerBlitz