Coach Sal speculating Incognito about to sign a 2-year deal

Doc

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If so this would most likely mean bye bye Glenn.

I am hoping it is for around $3.5mil with some bonus money and it could go to $4mil.

I want Richie back but also want Glenn back. These two make for a great left side of the line.

Can't imagine that being possible. 5 mill a year even pushing it. I'd say 2 years 11 mill would be fair for both sides

I think we all agree we want the left side of the line back. If $5.5 gets Richie to sign, ok. I will put my trust in Whaley. I think he will find a way to keep Incognito and Glenn together. I would rather spend our first couple of picks on D. We don't need two tackle spots in doubt heading into the draft.

wow, i was going through thinking all of these were rather high.

you know contracts. that you suggest this is surprising. a north of 30 yo player with some bit of a reputation...

if it's toward $20mm i'd be amazed.

Blitz is suggesting 2 years for $9M total (eg average $4.5M/year)

Cappaccio suggested 2 years, $6M/year for $12M total

I like the former, the latter wouldn't surprise me too much. Devil always in the details, how much is signing bonus, how much guaranteed etc. High signing bonus, low salary this year helpful to the Bills, high guaranteed money desireable to Incognito obviously, but how much "leash" do they want to keep on him in the form of "no trouble or we cut your a** and no cap hit from it"?

Richie is still crazy....he is just handling himself more like a pro these days.......hard lesson being unemployed, even the crazy can learn from that experience. But, he can play even at his age. IMHO, playing w Eric Wood has been a steadying influence on Richie. Back when Richie was under fire, Wood was one of the few to defend him......

Where besides his Twitter was this reported? All I see is speculation

I checked his Twitter, and it was a discussion with sal speculating what it would take to sign him. He was not reporting it as an imminent signing.

I could live with 2 year deal fully guaranteed @ 9-11 million. That way no need for a signing bonus.

he's a very good guard but a horrible human being.

Based on? I guess you never sinned. Don't judge bud. He paid his dues and deserves a contract. I'm sure Miami and alot of other teams wish they had a player like Richie on their o-line. Edited by It's in My Blood

last year was an awesome year for Whaley/Rex ; incognito, darby, clay, TT on and on... anyone who criticizes Whaley from a personnel standpoint is delusional... let's see what they come up wiht this year, we could be seeing 87-88 all over again when a really good team comes to gether. we shall see