Coach Sal speculating Incognito about to sign a 2-year deal

Doc

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years. 15MM. Club option for a 3rd year. -- just a swag

If so this would most likely mean bye bye Glenn.

I am hoping it is for around $3.5mil with some bonus money and it could go to $4mil.

I want Richie back but also want Glenn back. These two make for a great left side of the line.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Anyone else notice the "LAR" for "LA Rams" in his career history? Kind of sickening how fast St. Louis had their team stripped from them. I'm old enough to remember the old LA Rams, but still feel bad for the St. Louis fans.

My guess is 2 years for $9M total.

wow, i was going through thinking all of these were rather high.

you know contracts. that you suggest this is surprising. a north of 30 yo player with some bit of a reputation...

if it's toward $20mm i'd be amazed.

Idk how this is new news? Does this say they're close to a new deal? To the best of my knowledge, cog has wanted to resign since the end of the season. So what has changed?

That Sal is reporting that a deal is close is news.

If so this would most likely mean bye bye Glenn.

I am hoping it is for around $3.5mil with some bonus money and it could go to $4mil.

I want Richie back but also want Glenn back. These two make for a great left side of the line.

I highly doubt they let Glenn walk if it came down to him and Cognito. We need both of them on the line to be successful Im sure OBD can get shifty and keep them both. at least hoping. Remember cutting Mario is gonna give us wiggle room.

Anyone else notice the "LAR" for "LA Rams" in his career history? Kind of sickening how fast St. Louis had their team stripped from them. I'm old enough to remember the old LA Rams, but still feel bad for the St. Louis fans.

Yeah that sucks. I feel for em. That cuda been us if Pegs didnt step in. I take that into account when I look at the dog **** Rexs stubborn scheme turned our #4 defense into this past season. I was watching Justin Tuck on NFL Network today and he and the other NFL players mentioned how great defensive coordinators mold their scheme to adapt to their rosters strengths, and how it was one of the big reasons they were successful in both Super Bowl wins vs the Pats* as the other SB winning NFL players all agreed all I could do is shake my head in disgust as flashback memories of our defensive season played in my head.....smh...

If it happens, good move. He was the best player on the OL and kept out of trouble. Then, onto Glenn and finding a new RT.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3291/richie-incognito

Not only was he our best offensive lineman he was one of the best guards in the league.

Incognito was far from being a total innocent in the Miami/Martin saga. But after the storm died down from the initial reporting of the problems in Miami and a fuller and more accurate presentation of the situation was given Incognito turned out to be unfairly portrayed and one of the biggest victims coming out of that situation.

The contemptible and corrupt commissioner made him a scapegoat and a symbol of bullying because he wanted to protect the shield. The problem was that it was an unfair characterization of what really happened.

I'm happy for Incognito. He worked hard to be a better person and player. He deserves to be rewarded for his efforts.

wow, i was going through thinking all of these were rather high.

you know contracts. that you suggest this is surprising. a north of 30 yo player with some bit of a reputation...

if it's toward $20mm i'd be amazed.

I agree and think that is about where it will be.

Seems fair to me for both parties given his level of play, the position, his age, and history.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz