Ronald Darby: PFF DROTY

Doc

Had no idea Brian Dawkins joined our staff.

As for what it's worth, not much. It isn't like he's gonna get a bonus for being named PFF's DROY.

We all know how well Darby played, but I'd be surprised if he is named by the those who vote for DROY. Peters is the shiny new toy on a playoff team and I think he'll get the most noise because of it. Even though he didn't play as well as Darby.

GO BILLS!!!

He deserves it. Rex threw him to the wolves and he learned quickly. Whaley and Rex made the right call here.

I wonder though if this means the Bills will let Gilmore walk?

Not likely. Rex's whole defense is predicated on having two outstanding CBs. Not to mention, Gilmore is the better CB.

Not likely. Rex's whole defense is predicated on having two outstanding CBs. Not to mention, Gilmore is the better CB.

....and it seems one or two are always hurt, so you need three or four.... Hard to do. Expensive chess pieces, but hoping for the best.

....and it seems one or two are always hurt, so you need three or four.... Hard to do. Expensive chess pieces, but hoping for the best.

No doubt. It's why holding on to the good ones is imperative. I generally have no problem drafting a CB every draft.

Ehh they were still 8-8. What did he do to get us to the playoffs? Wow he was so amazing! Wake me up when he wins us a championship. Why don't we just annoint him the next Richard Sherman already. You guys are all just Darby fanboys.

See how stupid it sounds when you say it about someone else?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Ehh they were still 8-8. What did he do to get us to the playoffs? Wow he was so amazing! Wake me up when he wins us a championship. Why don't we just annoint him the next Richard Sherman already. You guys are all just Darby fanboys.

I don't get it.

Are you trying to make this a QB thread?

I kinda have developed a hatred towards Chiefs fans. They seem so oblivious to how bad Peters was in coverage this year. He was a liability in quite a few games. Also, there is this persistent argument that Darby only covers #2 receivers. That one makes me laugh. It's almost like they don't know how NFL defenses work, smh.

Darby was on a hot streak at the beginning of the year (mostly out of fear of getting torched like he did all preseason) but his play quickly cooled off. I think he played really well for a rookie but he is highly overrated. He's no Gilmore, and Gilmore is not elite no matter what he thinks. Both are very solid corners but they are not in the elite all pro category

Darby was on a hot streak at the beginning of the year (mostly out of fear of getting torched like he did all preseason) but his play quickly cooled off. I think he played really well for a rookie but he is highly overrated. He's no Gilmore, and Gilmore is not elite no matter what he thinks. Both are very solid corners but they are not in the elite all pro category

I disagree some. Those guys are asked to do what Revis used to do and not what Richard Sherman has been asked to do. They were both tasked with the challenge of playing man all over the field with no pass rush and did a great job doing it. All of the analytics have them as top 5-10 CBs at worst. That is really good. Imagine how much easier their jobs would be with our old pass rush.

You forgot "rogue" and "Toronto Bills". Work on it next time.

I disagree some. Those guys are asked to do what Revis used to do and not what Richard Sherman has been asked to do. They were both tasked with the challenge of playing man all over the field with no pass rush and did a great job doing it. All of the analytics have them as top 5-10 CBs at worst. That is really good. Imagine how much easier their jobs would be with our old pass rush.

I'm certainly not complaining. I think both will be excellent corners for many years assuming we can lock Gilmore up long term. I just don't think we will be seeing either in the pro bowl let alone all pro or anything like that. I'm very happy with their play but I wouldn't say either is elite. They are just very very good and they are in a position to make a play more often than not (Gilmore with his physicality and Darby with his speed)

peters will get it because the hype and the chiefs. he's not been subjected to the treatment of darby. darby is a different type of cb but they're both very good

Lol What? Peters led the league in passes defense and interceptions on a playoff team. If he was a rookie on the Bills this board would be saying that he deserves the DMVP, much less DROTY

Exactly. We have hot corners but they do get burned a couple times a game

Apparently pff loves buffalo this year

worth loving. turning two #1's and a #2 into Watkins and DROTY Darby , plus Incog/Miller gets Whaley 3 more years in my book. Plus only Rex could have gotten TT and Ed Reed...

if only Bills fans could see the forest for the trees. seems from this board of bruised and broken negative nellies that is asking too much

Darbys damn good for a Rookie, I think he cooled off bc they started trusting him guarding the better recivers not juss the WR2s during the 2nd half of the season. Besides TBD, PFF, and TBD hes not over-rated anywhere else. He's not even on the leagues radar as far as CBs go.

Don't see how anyone could put a negative spin on this. In a year in which we didn't have a 1st rd pick, Whaley drafts a guy in the 2nd round who performs like a top 10 pick in the 1st round.

the Drought Dwellers Anonymous meeting has a packed agenda, and this award is on there for discussion.

It made up for the Sammy trade up. Got a first round talent in the 2nd round at a critical position for our defensive scheme.

Remember on draft day Kiper and everyone were slamming Darby because he didn't turn and look for the ball much in college. He's a baller and a great pick by Whaley and the scouts.

As he should be

Cmon man. Both corners were in the top 10 in several important categories all year. Both are above average corners who will be all pros IF the Bills start making the playoffs and they get more national exposure.

My question is what is Deion Sanders problem with Darby. He went to his Alma mater and Deion gave him absolutely NO love at all this season and we all know Deion loves him some DBs

As he should be

Cmon man. Both corners were in the top 10 in several important categories all year. Both are above average corners who will be all pros IF the Bills start making the playoffs and they get more national exposure.

My question is what is Deion Sanders problem with Darby. He went to his Alma mater and Deion gave him absolutely NO love at all this season and we all know Deion loves him some DBs

Deion was confused by Darby's consistent tackling. He thought that was optional.

As he should be

This without a decent pass rush.

Deion was confused by Darby's consistent tackling. He thought that was optional.

"C'mon man! You makin' me look bad!"