Ronald Darby: PFF DROTY

Doc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had no idea Brian Dawkins joined our staff.

As for what it's worth, not much. It isn't like he's gonna get a bonus for being named PFF's DROY.

We all know how well Darby played, but I'd be surprised if he is named by the those who vote for DROY. Peters is the shiny new toy on a playoff team and I think he'll get the most noise because of it. Even though he didn't play as well as Darby.

GO BILLS!!!

He deserves it. Rex threw him to the wolves and he learned quickly. Whaley and Rex made the right call here.

I wonder though if this means the Bills will let Gilmore walk?

Not likely. Rex's whole defense is predicated on having two outstanding CBs. Not to mention, Gilmore is the better CB.

Not likely. Rex's whole defense is predicated on having two outstanding CBs. Not to mention, Gilmore is the better CB.

....and it seems one or two are always hurt, so you need three or four.... Hard to do. Expensive chess pieces, but hoping for the best.

....and it seems one or two are always hurt, so you need three or four.... Hard to do. Expensive chess pieces, but hoping for the best.

No doubt. It's why holding on to the good ones is imperative. I generally have no problem drafting a CB every draft.

Ehh they were still 8-8. What did he do to get us to the playoffs? Wow he was so amazing! Wake me up when he wins us a championship. Why don't we just annoint him the next Richard Sherman already. You guys are all just Darby fanboys.

See how stupid it sounds when you say it about someone else?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Ehh they were still 8-8. What did he do to get us to the playoffs? Wow he was so amazing! Wake me up when he wins us a championship. Why don't we just annoint him the next Richard Sherman already. You guys are all just Darby fanboys.

See how stupid it sounds when you say it about someone else?

I don't get it.

Are you trying to make this a QB thread?

I kinda have developed a hatred towards Chiefs fans. They seem so oblivious to how bad Peters was in coverage this year. He was a liability in quite a few games. Also, there is this persistent argument that Darby only covers #2 receivers. That one makes me laugh. It's almost like they don't know how NFL defenses work, smh.

Darby was on a hot streak at the beginning of the year (mostly out of fear of getting torched like he did all preseason) but his play quickly cooled off. I think he played really well for a rookie but he is highly overrated. He's no Gilmore, and Gilmore is not elite no matter what he thinks. Both are very solid corners but they are not in the elite all pro category