Ronald Darby: PFF DROTY

Doc

Ronald Darby: "Win. That's the Biggest Thing." (5:00)

John Murphy catches up with Bills corner back Ronald Darby at the Senior Bowl to talk about why he was there, his rookie season, and what he is looking forward to in the future.

Darby supporting HS teammate at Senior Bowl

Bills CB Ronald Darby never played in the Senior Bowl, since he declared for the 2015 NFL draft as a junior eligible. But he made it down to Mobile this week to support a former high school teammate.

Maryland CB Tavon Young had a strong week at the Senior Bowl practices as he broke up several passes. Young went to high school with Darby in their native Maryland.

Asst. DBs coach Ed Reed has Darby pumped

One of Buffalo’s newest coaching staff additions has cornerback Ronald Darby pretty pumped up for the 2016 season.

At the Senior Bowl this week supporting his former high school teammate Tavon Young, a cornerback from Temple, Darby commented on the addition of Ed Reed to the coaching staff.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peters will get it because the hype and the chiefs. he's not been subjected to the treatment of darby. darby is a different type of cb but they're both very good

Agree. I also think the chiefs had a much easier schedule and less inuries to their defense then we did which also contributed to that INT and W/L record. I havent seen the stats but i think Darby was tested by Qbs much more this season and most of the time that back fired on them. Hindsight: that was a great pick. we had a good draft got 1 solid starter at CB off the bat, 1 solid change of pace starter at RB and a promising RG in Miller, even if he doesnt develop into a quality starter and stays a depth RG he still an upgrade to pears and the other turnstiles we had in 2014.

picks like Darby, and Karlos Williams are what makes me want to continue with Whaley. Miller should be good, Henderson outside of his medical condition has performed so a couple of misses compared to these hits are worth it.

Look at how atrocious the Giants are at their drafts. It's why Coughlin is gone when it should have been Reese.

Does this lockdown CB have DROY ... locked down?
Marcus Peters tied for the NFL lead in picks and consistently shut down top wideouts. Will he win Defensive Rookie of the Year? Our analysts shower him with praise -- but also fete two other newbies

Colleen Wolfe

Writer | NFL.com

Although Peters' stats are loud, Ronald Darby quietly dominated in the Bills' secondary
While the numbers might indicate Marcus Peters, Ronald Darby gets the nod from me. He had a messy preseason, but none of that carried over into the regular season. According to Pro Football Focus, he allowed just four touchdowns all season, all in a two-game span against the Chiefs and Texans. He's easily the Bills' best cover corner, maybe even top five in the league. Good job, Doug Whaley.

Darby's struggles coincide pretty closely with the "rookie wall." He said week 11 is when he really started to feel it. That was against NE, the next two games were the Chiefs and Texans.

Even a half step up in play next year should lead to strong CB play from Darby. Hopefully he can get into NFL shape and keep his play up later in the season while avoiding the dreaded sophomore slump.

Darby's struggles coincide pretty closely with the "rookie wall." He said week 11 is when he really started to feel it. That was against NE, the next two games were the Chiefs and Texans.

Even a half step up in play next year should lead to strong CB play from Darby. Hopefully he can get into NFL shape and keep his play up later in the season while avoiding the dreaded sophomore slump.

I'd buy the rookie wall more if he didn't pick his play up significantly after those 2 games. But I suppose that was a factor as well.

I really dont think Whaley gets the credit he should for this past draft......which was AMAZING

Think about it for a second

- NO first round pick......and middle of the pack 2nd round pick. This is what can happen when you dont draft for need but go best player available and that is what we should be doing this year......when you reach....you often bust. It also helped sooth the cost of Sammy Watkins (who really started showing he was worth the ransom) but when you have a 2nd round pick that comes in and outplays most of the FIRST round picks of that draft? Win Win.

John, that's what I commented the other day regarding Whaley. We didn't have a 1st nor a 4th, but Darby was a fasntastic addition, and will be cheap for four years along with Miller in the 3rd, and Karlos Williams in the 5th. I know I was not happy with these picks at draft time, along with a ton of you guys picking a CB and RB with two picks, but they were both hits.

I don't hold Karlos for getting a severe concussion. When he was in there didn't he get 9 TD in 8 games. I thought that was a record for a rookie. I believe Miller will improve this year. He'll be healthy, and know what to expect in the NFL.

We need at least 3 more this year. If we hit on three starters, that will go a long way to us getting better. As much as I would love to see two additions on offense, you can bet Rex will be trying to get his kind of guys on defense.

picks like Darby, and Karlos Williams are what makes me want to continue with Whaley. Miller should be good, Henderson outside of his medical condition has performed so a couple of misses compared to these hits are worth it.

Look at how atrocious the Giants are at their drafts. It's why Coughlin is gone when it should have been Reese.

I also watch the Giants in season since im in the garden state and have said the same for the last 4 years. Coughlins a good coach and gets tagged the scapegoat for Reese's mis-picks. watch what happens this draft and next season for the Giants. it wont be good.

John, that's what I commented the other day regarding Whaley. We didn't have a 1st nor a 4th, but Darby was a fasntastic addition, and will be cheap for four years along with Miller in the 3rd, and Karlos Williams in the 5th. I know I was not happy with these picks at draft time, along with a ton of you guys picking a CB and RB with two picks, but they were both hits.

I don't hold Karlos for getting a severe concussion. When he was in there didn't he get 9 TD in 8 games. I thought that was a record for a rookie. I believe Miller will improve this year. He'll be healthy, and know what to expect in the NFL.

We need at least 3 more this year. If we hit on three starters, that will go a long way to us getting better. As much as I would love to see two additions on offense, you can bet Rex will be trying to get his kind of guys on defense.

Yep. If we can get at least a Starting LB, S and RT or DE/DT/NT hybrid out of the draft our teams gonna look better then last year.

Edited by Marty McFly